SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Ok so for asking this question your going to give neg me? This was exactly what I was wondering on the quality. Which is why I havent bought it yet. No need to neg me for asking a question in a thread made for it.

You come on here with an egocentric attitude, post the same stuff multiple times and then complain when you don't get an answer instantly. Let me be clear - I negged you not because of your stupid question, but because you gave other people attitude when they asked less annoying questions.  I was nice enough to answer your question, so please do us a favor and drop the attitude.

Seriously STOP BEING LAZY. If you cant honestly figure this out yourself then you really are just lazy.

Honestly, I'm shocked that I'm the first person to have neg-repped you.

Edited by cander49

Can anyone comment on the time it takes to get a pair of White's boots from Bakers? I'm stopping by the post office tomorrow morning to send off my measurements for sizing. Just curious how long it typically takes from the time I place my order 'til I'll get my boots. Upon searching, I found everything from 6 weeks to 14 weeks. Not sure how recent these estimates were, though. Thanks.

Edited by Rain Dogs

My JB0206 stretched a lot. When I first bought them I couldn't get the top button done, but after a few hours it stretched enough to get it buttoned. They have stretched out so much that they're almost too big in the waist now. I would probably go with the 30.

-Edwin

showbe, for what it's worth--self edge has put out multiple collaboration jeans based on the 19cm fit. Most recent one that comes to mind is the SExI23. I have to say I agree with cander in his summation of Dior's quality--you're paying mostly for the name, although IMO the fit is quite good. In terms of an exact replica I think the SEs are as close as you'll get.

P.S. the dior 19cm cut, if that is the one you're interested in, was based on the APC cure, which is no longer in production. The new cure is a super-tight straight, and neither the PS nor PNS replicate the fit of the old cure. Plus, if Dior quality is not worthy of the price, APC...well, I think you've probably heard enough about the quality vs. price of APC denim. 

Edited by lysosome

Looking for a pair of sneakers or everyday walking shoes. Already have a pair of dress boots and dress shoes.

Would like something that looks somewhat hip, or least hipper than the beat up running shoes I'm wearing now. No idea what's good these days, It seems like retro new balance or nikes are popular, but not really a fan of new balance. Can someone point me in the right direction or to a shoe forum or something that could help me out? Thanks!

Currently wearing a pair of onitsuka tigers, but not really a fan of the form fitting shoe shape, and they are also pretty thin running shoes, not really suitable for a lot of walking.

Edited by brainmonster

@ brainmonster: my current favorite pair of tennis shoes is my new balance 574's. i wasn't crazy about the overall appearance for the longest time, but i wound up finding a colorway that i really liked, so i bought them (ebay, pretty cheap, too). after having them for about 4 months now, i love them. i'd go as far as to say they're the most comfortable pair of tennis shoes i've ever had, and i also own a pair of onitsuka tigers.

i don't see many people wearing tennis shoes on SD, aside from the occasional chuck taylors...it's mostly boots.

Looking for a pair of sneakers or everyday walking shoes. Already have a pair of dress boots and dress shoes.

Would like something that looks somewhat hip, or least hipper than the beat up running shoes I'm wearing now. No idea what's good these days, It seems like retro new balance or nikes are popular, but not really a fan of new balance. Can someone point me in the right direction or to a shoe forum or something that could help me out? Thanks!

Currently wearing a pair of onitsuka tigers, but not really a fan of the form fitting shoe shape, and they are also pretty thin running shoes, not really suitable for a lot of walking.

I really like my Vans. Simple and easy to wear with different kinds of clothing.

I'm also thinking about the Chuck Taylor 1970 as they're much more substantial than the normal Chuck Taylors. Another good option.

If you want to shell out some bigger bucks for sneakers, there's always ones made by Buzz Rickson's, the Real McCoy's, Samurai Jeans, etc.

Edited by Iron Horse

Sizing advice for Wesco Boss?

Here are a couple of other shoes/boots I have that fit well:

-White's Semi-Dress 10D
-Red Wing Beckman (9016) 10D
-Red Wing Iron Ranger (8111) 10.5D
-Red Wing 1907 10.5D
-Allen Edmonds Strand 10.5D

I seem to fall right between 10 and 10.5D on most leather footwear, so it usually depends on the actual individual shoe which size works best. My main concern with engineer is difficulty actually slipping them on. My only experience was briefly trying on some Red Wing engineers and struggling to get my foot into the 10D.

Quick question about wallet lanyards. I'm using one by Pike Brothers right now that has a real bulky end loop like this:

448.jpg?number=P0601-13-0004

This if fine with tucked shirts or shorter shirts but it looks hella stupid when the shirt is longer and there's this weird bulge because of it. I like rounded leather ropes, not a fan of braided ones. What are my options at under € 80 - 100,-? Closed Mondays does a nice one, I'd like one in this style, ideally with a shackle on the wallet end, I don't really care if it's a lobster clamp or fishhook on the other.

Quick question about wallet lanyards. I'm using one by Pike Brothers right now that has a real bulky end loop like this:

448.jpg?number=P0601-13-0004

This if fine with tucked shirts or shorter shirts but it looks hella stupid when the shirt is longer and there's this weird bulge because of it. I like rounded leather ropes, not a fan of braided ones. What are my options at under € 80 - 100,-? Closed Mondays does a nice one, I'd like one in this style, ideally with a shackle on the wallet end, I don't really care if it's a lobster clamp or fishhook on the other.

Hollows does one very similar to the Closed Mondays one.

http://shop.hollowsleather.com/product/wallet-rein

I really like my Vans. Simple and easy to wear with different kinds of clothing.

I'm also thinking about the Chuck Taylor 1970 as they're much more substantial than the normal Chuck Taylors. Another good option.

If you want to shell out some bigger bucks for sneakers, there's always ones made by Buzz Rickson's, the Real McCoy's, Samurai Jeans, etc.

second the vans...I find that eras are big enough to not get lost in larger leg openings but not so big that they look like clown shoes with a slim taper. they can be dressed up or down if you get the right color.

Nike free.

acf531aab33c391f338d38e359df6920_zpsadc6

Edited by Lukenstein

I´m going to Paris in a couple of weeks. Does anybody know about any good stores in Paris? I can´t find anything denimrelated..

Paris is pretty empty when it comes to quality denim. Our lucky neighbours Germans - and now Brits - have a huge amount of options in comparisons with stores such as 14oz, Burg and Schild or Rivet and Hide.

But there are still a few options. About the adresses given by the RawR scout feature:

- Royal Cheese: not much to see unless you're looking for some Nudies.

- Colette: only a few pairs of Naked & Famous. Overcrowded, over hyped.

- Elevation store: a bit more interesting. You should find a small selection of Japan Blue pairs and even less Momotaro jeans. Can't remember seeing Denham jeans, only jackets and shirts.

- Rocker Speed Shop: Damn, it opened just when I left Paris...looks promising. Nice brands selection: Sugar Cane, Real Mc Coy, Dry Bones...

Some other options:

- 45 rpm has got a store not far from Colette.

- sharing the same vibe as Rocker Speed Shop, you can visit T-Bird. The ownder is very nice and knowledgeable. Bought my wallet rein there. They carry: Buzz Rickson, Mister Freedom, The Rising Sun among others. There are several smaller labels too.

- Killiwatch indeed. Hipsters, crowded and overpriced. But a nice place to visit.

And you can try your luck by going to the clignancourt flea market.

And that's it. Not much ot see in Paris (well, denim related). Plenty of other things to do though!

Good luck!

Found a couple shots of T-Bird taken with a cell cam:

15495109004_ae684fcfb1.jpg15495108374_fb8786e150.jpg16115518961_f54827a460.jpg16117438145_5c774bd6aa.jpg

Edited by vgadjo

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic