minya

SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

What's the difference (if any) between SDA's "kase" dyeing and PBJ's "ai"?

'kase' dyeing is a dyeing method whereas 'ai' usually means natural indigo which then is also often hank dyed or in terms of SDA's wording is kase dyed (although I haven't heard this term so often).

So 'ai' could be rope dyed.

But in this situation, it's likely the same between SDA and PBJ

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

They’re co-owned by Jocko Willink. He was on Joe Rogan recently and he mentioned they have stretch in them...

Anyone have any experience with National Athletic Goods?  I am looking at getting their 1/4 Zip in Mid Gray.  image.thumb.png.f2ed287894082b36c8b2b1400ac961e6.png

Check out their own site for the range but use blue owl or another stockists for full measurements as their own sites charts are crap! 

On 12/2/2019 at 11:19 PM, cmr_reed said:

Anyone have any experience with National Athletic Goods?  I am looking at getting their 1/4 Zip in Mid Gray.  image.thumb.png.f2ed287894082b36c8b2b1400ac961e6.png

I have their double v sweatshirt in a heather blue colour, bought about 6 Or 7 years ago. It’s not loopwheeled and the inside is a lighter weight, less dense cotton terry fabric, a cool summer evening option rather than a winter sweat.

I think the sizing runs large too. I have a 40 and this would be equivalent to an L in a Buzz Rickson sweat.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

To many answers to that, you'd need to be more specific to have a y chance of an answer. Browse the brands in the topics or WAYWT thread and narrow it down. 

@Down In Albion

you have to be more specific. Pricing is usually reflected in materials, labor and the fact that Japanese denim is usually small batch. 

Brand new to this forum. Wondering what others do with the extended chain stitching on the Iron Heart shirts. Do you cut them? Leave them alone? Just curious as I just got my first one and I’m not sure what to do with them. 

Hi and welcome!

If you like it keep it otherwise just cut them off :)

I cut them off and keep them, then throw the shirts away.

No right or wrong, I keep mine on. 

On 12/23/2019 at 8:45 PM, Johnny_CR said:

Brand new to this forum. Wondering what others do with the extended chain stitching on the Iron Heart shirts. Do you cut them? Leave them alone? Just curious as I just got my first one and I’m not sure what to do with them. 

I use them to make Willie Nelson Lego figures

Just Willie or sometimes Dolly and Kenny?

Question to all the Paraboot guys around here: how did you size them compared to Viberg/Red Wing/New Balance? Thanx

I haven't received my paraboots yet but I sized them as beautiful freak. 

Red wing us8

Paraboot uk7

On 12/14/2019 at 3:57 AM, Maynard Friedman said:

I have their double v sweatshirt in a heather blue colour, bought about 6 Or 7 years ago. It’s not loopwheeled and the inside is a lighter weight, less dense cotton terry fabric, a cool summer evening option rather than a winter sweat.

I think the sizing runs large too. I have a 40 and this would be equivalent to an L in a Buzz Rickson sweat.

Would you say its worth buying at its price range?

What are your go to chinos? Busted the whole seat open on my fave pair (beige duck canvas NN07) and need a new pair. Looking for a straight semi loose fit with a mid to high rise or something like a ghurka pant.

9D6CA4DA-62AD-44B1-A951-7DBE783416D5.jpeg

I'll probably pick up a pair of Warehouse lot 1082's in the spring, seem like a good option.

Why are my photos from previous years disappearing? I just looked at a 2017 post on the SDA thread of the D1728 jeans and the photos are gone as has happened with other posts.