Interest check TCB contest round 5

I’m also interested if the fit is right. Nothing tapered or too slim. Jacket would also work for me if it’s a earlier style. I’m also up for a 90s cut or early Lee.

should we make a poll?

I don’t know that everyone does want a different cut/fit. Most people that have replied say that they’re interested dependent on the fit, without stating what that fit is. Perhaps someone should create a survey to see what people actually do want?

• 4 weeks later...

The jacket is killer. I would be reluctant to buy that pant without trying it on first. It could be great. It could be one of those styles that even in the right size, it still doesn't fit. I think I could find the fit with the luxury of playing with a few sizes, but I don't have that luxury.

The jeans are slimmer than I was expecting. The size chart for my likely size is almost identical to the Cat's Drive except for a 0.5" lower rise for the No. 2 and a 0.25" wider leg opening, which is more of a slim straight in my mind.

I really like the idea and the effort that went into these. I'm leaning towards passing because I worry about how they will fit and the single back pocket and suspender hardware would make them a bit harder to wear to work or my day-to-day. Pure curiosity for trying the denim itself though could sway me to still snag a pair for the novelty and occasional use.

I can’t deal with one back pocket. The measurements are weird, they indicate a pretty slim fit but the pictures don’t look slim at all. For those that worry about the no belt - tcb wrote that they will happily add belt loops for any order as long as you write in the comment of the order. 

the jacket is brilliant  imo. 

50 minutes ago, Hopethisoneisnttaken said:

The measurements are weird, they indicate a pretty slim fit but the pictures don’t look slim at all.

That’s pretty much all TCB jeans for the last 3–4 years

Most of their staff just has very different body types from most SuFu folks

Anyway, they’ll be a pass from me too; I need all of my pockets

Edited by julian-wolf

If Volvo and others are in I think I would be - but the 1880s would be a problem as my main jeans for the last five summers or so are the LVC natural indigo. But I will keep checking. 

Volvo, sorry life has been tricky. It's been a bit challenging here and my 1800s is gone but we are all still standing 

This has to be 18 months or 2 years for me - in 1 year I wil swtich to 3 days a week so I reckon I've a good chance of placing with 4/7 of the wear that Volvo or Maynard have :)

10 hours ago, yung_flynn said:

The size chart for my likely size is almost identical to the Cat's Drive except for a 0.5" lower rise for the No. 2 and a 0.25" wider leg opening, which is more of a slim straight in my mind.

No guarantees that the complete pattern will be very similar but this is the Cats Drive (size 31 on 6’3” 170 lb body) on me, which the size chart suggests should be rather similar in dimensions as the No 2 in case this is helpful at all for gauging potential fit 

IMG_4477.jpeg

Tbh as cool as they look, they look mighty impractical to me...

As Julian already said, all the pockets are a must for me, belt loops as well. 

So if they might add another backpocket & the belt loops as well, I might be in, but that would mess with the whole concept of this repro imo....

I’m really curious how they would look on others outside of TCB staff as well. From my other pairs, I’ve noticed that they fit very different on me than on the stock photos especially in the rear. I suspect that part of the reason is body type and part is that I believe that the TCB staff often likes to size up a couple to a few sizes. 

1 hour ago, yung_flynn said:

I’m really curious how they would look on others outside of TCB staff as well. From my other pairs, I’ve noticed that they fit very different on me than on the stock photos especially in the rear. I suspect that part of the reason is body type and part is that I believe that the TCB staff often likes to size up a couple to a few sizes. 

Yeah, I’m betting it’s the sizing up multiple sizes that does it. I know some (if not all) of the main staff members photographed are into skate culture and sizing up big time for baggy jeans is definitely a thing!