Bobbo

Interest check: Denimbridge contest

Oh I really shouldn’t but I think I’m in.

Luckily we are the same size so I’m looking forward to those size 35 post-wash measurements @Bobbo

I'm definitely in! 

So, size 34 will end up 33 post wash and stretch. That should be my size then.

Looking forward to se your real life measurements of your sample size just to be sure @Bobbo

^_^

can u get it hemmed by kuniyoshi-san? he makes mad roping. also waist on his jeans tends to be small, i'd size up definitely.

I’m also interested in getting my pair hemmed by the man himself.

I’m still in, sizing and price are looking good!

I’m excited to see the final pics! Then I’ll decide if I’m in, but all looks good to me!

Jeans look great Bobbo, I’m so tempted I might just be in! The cut, denim, hardware and details all look top notch, well done.

I think the waist on these is 1” larger than the samples if that makes a difference to anyone.

Posted (edited)

What method of measuring for the waist has been used now? In the link at the jeans description, it shows the 360° inside waistband method.

http://denimbridge.jp/gbg?fbclid=IwAR2gj8frmffuyH7oqY1RVjZTKQOb5L89t0UppBcvg856LOSvcpx4pES_M6k

I'm torn between 34 and 35 in these.

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Posted (edited)

Thanks for noticing @beautiful_FrEaK Yes, Shingo measures the circumference which adds about 1 inch. That's why the chart I posted a few days ago differ a little bit.

Thanks @Maynard Friedman ! We will change the top button though for the final jeans. It will be a special Denim Base-branded iron top button. Sadly it's not finished yet so we don't have it on the samples. 

Edited by Bobbo

Posted (edited)

They look great, I'll probably place my order in the next week or so. :D
Edit: Safe to say we should still size up?

Edited by Broark

Posted (edited)

Yep! +2 is my recommendation!

Btw, info on prizes for the contest will be up on Saturday. You're in for a treat!

Edited by Bobbo

I really wanted to join this contest, fabric, craftmen behind the project and details are amazing, Bobbo is one of the nicest guys in this community and I'd love to support him, but the more I see the fit pics the more I think these will look bad on me. The combo of wide thighs and a taper it's not a look that works for me and not either a style that I wish to pursue. I am sure this denim will deliver amazing fades and look forward to watch the contest from the sidelines.

@BobboSo the posted size chart is accurate in the waist as a flat measurement?

I really hoped too! I won't join but Maynard will and he will provide large amounts of grade A entertainment to the contest, hopefully.

If the cut is anything like the Ooe 02 then they will be great, you will be missed Volvo!

15 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

I really hoped too! I won't join but Maynard will and he will provide large amounts of grade A entertainment to the contest, hopefully.

Having Martin on board I foresee a major photo dump...might  reconsider my decision :D

I think this will be my last try to participate at a denim contest. Maybe this time I will finish somehow ;)

31 minutes ago, volvo240thebest said:

Considering your current weight loss you might want to reconsider your fits, because you might already hit the point where such fit can be looking good.

Just bought a pair!!! I’m really excited for these! 

I went with my Ooe size, hopefully I didn’t make a mistake. 

I've also ordered a pair! Took the same size as my Ooe 1702XX. 

Bobbo, trying to decide between size 35 vs. 36.  It looks like 36 based on our Ooe / TCB sizing (36/34 for me vs. 35/33 for you) -- thoughts?  My size 36 Ooe's have a waist circumference of just under 35".

Ahhh, I'm in. Just need to figure out my size.

@JohnM I will take a size 35. Just measured my orSlow 105 size 3 and they are really pretty similar in their measurements. Obviously the waist on the 105 has stretched and measures nearly 36" by using the inner circumference...

My Ooe 02 are a size 36 and a bit too loose so I am happy I/we can choose the so often missing size 35 ;)

^ b_F, good to see the size 36 Ooe OA02 is too loose on you -- married life is keeping you fit!

As an old man with muffin top, I find the 36 Ooe about right, so I'm still torn between 35 and 36 ... or may just ask Bobbo to order the jeans in 35.5" ;-)