Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

2 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

the working title is Coherent and Incoherent Quantum Feedback in an Atom–Cavity System.

Ah, incoherent feedback is also something I specialize in. 

47 minutes ago, Double 0 Soul said:

I doubt it.. but is was the opinion which tended to be published.

Are you suggesting that only opinions claiming to be objective should be made public? In that case, a collection of the sayings of Chairman Mao should suffice. 

14 minutes ago, Double 0 Soul said:

For fuck sake!, can you stop trying to drag me into an argument about pointless crap.. i tapped in for the first time this week just to wish JW all the best and now i'm having to defend every comment.. i don't really care so i'm sure nobody else does.

No problem at all, if there is nothing to justify your stand, I will not complain. I don't care.

Just sent over my jeans to Indigo Proof for repair and holy crap was that way more expensive than I thought it would be. Approaching the cost of the jeans... Maybe I should've done a little more research but I haven't seen anyone do it better than her and they are my favorites...

5 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

^ How extensive are the repairs Ben?

image.png.f830ad86ae772c9bb03b6390efa84265.png

I didn't think the jeans were that bad but she is pretty transparent on her website so I guess it wasn't really a surprise and you can choose what you want to have done. I just decided to go through with it all since I've already worn those jeans for like 4-5 years now and still love them, and they have a LOT more wear in them...

Edited by itsbenhere

Today is the 150th anniversary of the first ever patented riveted pants, cementing the partnership between Jacob Davis and Levi Strauss and giving us an iconic item of clothing in the making.

And giving some of us here something to chat about and obsess over. Thanks lads.

11 hours ago, Dr_Heech said:

Today is the 150th anniversary of the first ever patented riveted pants, cementing the partnership between Jacob Davis and Levi Strauss and giving us an iconic item of clothing in the making.

And giving some of us here something to chat about and obsess over. Thanks lads.

yes yes: happy anniversary all: I am riveted! weirdly the fabric is what gets me, but the rivet is what creates the situation...

I'm too tight to order another skip so im bagging up the soil and taking it to the tip.. the rubble sacks cost £8 for 20 from Wickes as opposed to £260 for a skip.. i filled the car at 8.30am, set off at 8.45 hoping not to queue when it opened at 9.30.. i was probably the 20th car in the queue when i got to Shirecliffe so i was queueing on a residential street.. i lost count of how many dudes i saw, shirt off with a fucking massive snarling pitbull on a chain.. other pedestrians were gingerly walking past and the dogs were going fucking mental.. lunging at passers by.. up on their hind legs while these dudes struggled to hold them back like they were performing some kind of public service.. when in effect the only thing standing between the dog tearing someone to pieces was it's owner.. what the fuck.. why would you?.. most of the other road users who passed me were young dudes tearing up the street on illegal bikes, no helmets but wearing clava's or hoods pulled tight with skiing goggles over the top.. at f'kin 9am on a Sunday morning.. it was like being an npc in Grand Theft Auto! the only exception being i was listening to Bermuda triangle by Barry Manilow on the radio.

I had the same experience Ben, I sent my Warehouse 800xx in for repairs and it was even more, even though I didn't need any crotch fix (I never have had much issue with the crotch on my jeans, skinny thighs I guess) and just had a whole bunch of small things. This repair work is very labor intensive, and while it can cost about the same as a new pair of jeans, the repaired areas are virtually indestructible, in my experience, because getting all the areas of the jeans fixed that are subject to the most abrasion/wear, other areas failing is not really much of a concern. So instead of starting over on a new pair I'd rather spend that money to keep wearing a pair of jeans that's looking good and I know I like the fit and details, etc., and are actually more durable than a new pair where I'd just have to fix all those same spots, but which should be going strong after an equivalent amount of time in my darned/reinforced jeans. 

However, I've only had certain pairs fixed, there are some that get to the point of needing repairs and I just retire them because I don't like them enough to commit the money/future wear. For my two Warehouse pairs it's absolutely worth it as they're the best fitting jeans I've ever worn and they just work so great as daily driver jeans. For others like Full Count, Samurai, etc. I've enjoyed wearing those but probably won't bother to repair and keep wearing.

This was the breakdown for mine:

+ Right pocketbag = $25
+ Left pocketbag = $25
+ Right pocket entry = $10
+ Left pocket entry = $35
+ Right back pocket = $20
+ Left back pocket = $30
+ Cuffs/inseams = $45
+ Seat = $50
+ Re-hem = $35
+ Right knee = $30
+ Left knee = $45

Edited by Cold Summer

So wtf. PayPal you can’t just send international  to an email anymore? 
now it asks me for a full bank acct or debit card or cash? 
paypal making it a pain in the ass to send money for overseas purchases 

I recall a guy that was around real cowboys back in the 60s/70s telling me that while it was ok to wear a new denim jacket with old jeans, the opposite was frowned upon. Or was it the other way around?....