Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

@Geeman thanks!
I had my eye on the Reims for awhile, just couldn't ever find a pair on sale in the color I wanted until now.
I've never worn loafers before so this will be a first for me. I think I could even get away with wearing these without socks.
Without socks they feel a little loose on the heel, but maybe once the insole molds to my feet a little more they will be better.
The sole is pretty pliable and they aren't very stiff out of the box, I really wasn't sure how leather soled loafers would hold up so this was a happy medium.
Could always opt for some Alden loafers for something more Ivy!

Peter Limmer has been making hiking boots in New Hampshire since about 1950. I've been hearing about their boots for 30+ years, but never looked into getting a pair for myself. 

https://limmerboots.com/pages/our-story 

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for shilling here, have no idea what's going on with classifieds in SuFu anymore. 

I have sadly developed Morton's neuroma and can't wear my beloved Russell Moccasins x Nepenthes chukkas, size US 9/EU 42. If you're in Europe, here's the listing. (And if you can tell me how to advertise on SuFu will gladly do so) https://www.vinted.fr/items/3748186772-chukka-moccasins-russell-x-nepenthes-new-york-engineered-garments

Really, these are forever shoes so looking for a new caretaker. (i.e., SuFu discount...)

On 11/19/2023 at 12:58 PM, Geeman said:

@peter1 there is a sale thread 

Here

Thank you. Will post there. 

Edited: They are in the community sale thread. If you're looking for some versatile Russells in a size 8 uk/9us/42 at a good (SuFu discount) price, please have a look. Thanks much.

Edited by peter1

I like them but I have 3 pairs of brogue boots and numerous pairs of brogue shoes so am probably biased. What is the sole material - some kind of cork nitrile? I think triple leather, commando or dainite works best and I prefer a welt and sole that are more closely colour matched rather than the contrast on those. Just my $0.02.

Who are they made by?

Those are Trickers (the Stow of course).
Sole is Dainite. I usually prefer the contrast welt so that's why they caught my eye. I am just thinking if they will fit in my usual wardrobe as I am rater casual as you know :D 
The typical sale thoughts: do I really need them or do I want them because they are cheap?!

Rather than buy them simply because they’re discounted (they’re Trickers so I doubt they’ll ever be cheap!), ask yourself if they’re something you’d have liked anyway (or already do like) but just couldn’t justify at the full price. If so, then go for them, otherwise you’re just buying them because they’re Trickers and on sale in your size. I think we’ve all been down a similar route before.

If you love the idea of brogueing on a casual boot, Crockett and Jones makes a similar boot that is more harmonious I think: https://us.crockettandjones.com/collections/islay/products/islay-darkbrown-scotch-grain . The pull strap matches the overall look of the boot and doesn't pop straight up. The broguing runs straight up and terminates at the top of the boot rather than awkwardly floating parallel 1/2 inch below the top. The leather has a character that blends better with brogueing. Obviously the Tricker is a classic boot, so what do I know, but the Crocket and Jones boot has a much clearer identity to my eye.