Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

I was able to get one of the last pairs of the 40601 from psa in the spring. It is some great denim. I would have loved the cut of the scxse06 though. But the fuller 47 cut works too, and combined with the slack weave has been great this summer.

Sugar Cane still produces some really amazing types of denim for Mister Freedom's collection in all weights ranging from 11oz to 14.5oz in both 100% cotton and mixed fiber styles.  I'd say those are extremely interesting and still somewhat under the Sugar Cane brand.

The denim used by Mister Freedom is definitely more different than Sugar Cane's regular offerings... maybe I should rephrase my complaint. I wish SC still made natural indigo stuff!

For some reason mixed fiber doesn't do it for me at all.

does anyone know why sugar cane work shirts have button placement so high up? i have one and the lower 1/3 of the shirt is buttonless, making people think they're unbutton. 

Those shirts with the high plackets were likely always tucked into high-waisted pants, so perhaps they figured why add unnecessary buttons at the bottom (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

http://www.vintageworkwear.com/2013_02_01_archive.html

In some cases, like with this shirt, it's the extra long tails (which would help keep the shirt tucked in) that make it seem as if the buttons stop short.

Edited by Iron Horse

• 2 weeks later...

Appreciate at £125 these are broadly the same price as you can find on Rakuten (after shipping & customs) so not necessarily a deal to be had, but if anyone's thinking about some 47s in a 34 you may as well get some with outlawed red tab and arcuates:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sugar-Cane-1947-RED-TAB-Selvedge-Denim-Jeans-Size-34-Made-in-Japan-NEW-/181844237578?hash=item2a56c2dd0a