Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

Thanks mike!

Here we are, SC1966 1st. series:

dsci0481.jpg

Waist is presoak between 32 and 33". I hope cold soaks/washes won't shrink them less than 31" (and 1" stretching after wear), they're tighter than I've expected. The inseam is 36 " on the other hand, here I need a 2 inches shrinkage! And yeah, they're sooooo beautiful...

dsci0484a.jpg

Hehe, Naokis reservation for me...

Lots of more details in my 66 diary, a comparison between LVC66 and SC66 on sufu soon.

Curious to see how these do shrink/stretch, as that's the tagged size I think I'd need too, though I wouldn't mind keeping as much of the inseam as possible.

Those look sweet indeed. Looking forward to your '66 comparison!

Hi, wonder if anyone can help with the sizing on these beauties?

-

http://clever-id.jp/SHOP/sugarcane_sc41955_420.html

I have a pair of SC47's with arcs/tab in a 32/32, are these the same sizing/shrinkage-wise?

Also, apart from Clever-ID, is there anywhere else with international shipping which doesn't entail a degree in Japanese?

Thanks in advance,,,,,

Thanks mike!

Here we are, SC1966 1st. series:

dsci0481.jpg

Waist is presoak between 32 and 33". I hope cold soaks/washes won't shrink them less than 31" (and 1" stretching after wear), they're tighter than I've expected. The inseam is 36 " on the other hand, here I need a 2 inches shrinkage! And yeah, they're sooooo beautiful...

dsci0484a.jpg

Hehe, Naokis reservation for me...

Lots of more details in my 66 diary, a comparison between LVC66 and SC66 on sufu soon.

Very nice pair! Great looking pair of jeans! Live in them and love them.

Hi, wonder if anyone can help with the sizing on these beauties?

-

http://clever-id.jp/SHOP/sugarcane_sc41955_420.html

I have a pair of SC47's with arcs/tab in a 32/32, are these the same sizing/shrinkage-wise?

Also, apart from Clever-ID, is there anywhere else with international shipping which doesn't entail a degree in Japanese?

Thanks in advance,,,,,

Pants Shop Avenue got 'em if I remember right. Nice guy, nice shop!

Very nice pair! Great looking pair of jeans! Live in them and love them.

Thanks!

dr house, where did you find another pair with the arcs?

Pants Shop Avenue. Again, Naoki is a great guy. Very helpful, very friendly and fast.

Pants Shop Avenue, I think.

Naoki has lots of older, rare Sugar Cane and SDA jeans.

YEP!

Seems the only good deals I can find on SC Hawaiis are the one washed versions. As far as the model goes should I size down one or would that be too much? I've tried looking at measurements, but different sources are reporting different measurements.

I wear a 30x34 in the SC47s (Oringinal not the TYPE II). Wondering if I should stick to that or possibly go to 29 for the Hawaii's one washed.

I normally wear 29 but went 28 on these okinawas. Then again, I am a small asian but i have biker thighs i guess.

for me, it was a good choice. it does shrink, hard to squeeze in at first, but it stretches.

Here's my sc40300 from the old Satobiki series, had for 3 years, perhaps 1 year of effective wear.

14.25oz cotton/sugar cane fabric from Nihon Menpu, hank-dyed to the coe using natural indigo from the Ryukyu islands.

Asian buffalo leather patch dyed with the same natural indigo.

It's a shame Sugar Cane doesn't make jeans like these any more.

The varying hue that this denim has, especially in different shades of light, is something that synthetic indigo can never match.

pc310003.jpg

pc310004.jpg

pc310007.jpg

pc310009.jpg

pc310011n.jpg

pc310017.jpg

For real? 45RPM without indigo? Weird.

That is a shame; I really like traditional Japanese dyeing with indigo.

I remember asking a couple of Sugar Cane stockists why the Satobiki line was being down-sized (this was 2006), and they essentially told me no one in Japan is buying the more expensive models...and the 100% natural indigo dyed fabrics from NM will only be used on special collaboration projects (like MF jeans, or that silly Evisu collab. a few months back).

Although I have to give them credit, as the lower end Satobiki jeans have not increased in price for 6 or so years.

I remember asking a couple of Sugar Cane stockists why the Satobiki line was being down-sized (this was 2006), and they essentially told me no one in Japan is buying the more expensive models...and the 100% natural indigo dyed fabrics from NM will only be used on special collaboration projects (like MF jeans, or that silly Evisu collab. a few months back).

Although I have to give them credit, as the lower end Satobiki jeans have not increased in price for 6 or so years.

Sad... but not surprising.

Interesting how similar that Nihon Menpu natural indigo looks to the Kurabo natural indigo for the special edition LVC 1873. THose really need hardcore wear- you have to be really dedicated to make your mark on them. Lovely jeans, Mike.

Don't want to slang 45RPM or start rumors - they still offer a special run Jomon and their standard Soraihiko denim. But in years past, they would offer Ai and synthetic indigo shirts, trousers, Ts, interesting jackets, detail stuff like your buffalo patch; just don't see it anymore. Maybe this season:) - rant over!

It's going to be an interesting year for all denim producers. Huge losses of cotton in the middle East due to the weather - and in Texas too they lost the tops of many cotton plants, leaving only coarser fibres. There have already been 30 per cent price increases that companies cannot pass on to customers. Some of them will go do the wall (hopefully just the cheap and nasty ones).

Sad... but not surprising.

Interesting how similar that Nihon Menpu natural indigo looks to the Kurabo natural indigo for the special edition LVC 1873. THose really need hardcore wear- you have to be really dedicated to make your mark on them. Lovely jeans, Mike.

Thanks Paul!

Got a pic of the sp LVC 1873 denim?

Edit: just did Rakuten search, omg it's 70000yen~

These were going to be my Summer pair, but the contest will cut it's shift short.

Still waiting for my Roy's...:o