Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

Thanks everyone! I love these jeans, they've become so soft and the fit is really comfortable--it's almost like wearing sweatpants. They've only started to show some signs of weakness in the past couple of months: the crotch has been patched, the fly and the pockets are fraying, my wallet is going to bust through any day now. They may have to take a backseat to my Roys soon...

^Thanks!

The pictures really don't do them justice though...They are a more vibrant rich blue in real life, I need a better camera to pick up on the color instead of just blowing the color out...

Of course, I haven't been wearing them the hardest and they are sized up one so they fit loose on me. Cheap's pair are more broken in for these opposite reasons but I'm not complaining!

• 2 weeks later...

If you like it tighter, I'd recommend a 31. I'm usually a size 31 but went with a 30. It stretched out a little but not much and still fits a bit snug around my waist. I've had it for about 2 years and have gotten all the shrinkage out by hot soaking and hot drying.

I'd love to see other pairs out there if you'd all be so kind as to post evo pics! My TTS pair fits baggy/loose as hell but it might just be me...You can size down to the 31 if you were looking for slim IMO...The 33 would be a bit large I think...

My pair in a fit pic

IMG_2655.jpg

EDIT: ayo, no pinching! loose fits yield sharper creases IME

Thanks guys. I'm a bit confused about their sizing. I guess they shrink two inches with soaking and stretch out one with wear, right? In this case the 33" may be too big for me, I don't want them loose. I've read somewhere in this thread that they stretch a lot...am I right with my choice?

EDIT: Hey, they're slimmer than the 47's canes, right?

^It's been a while (3 years actually) but I think a sized down '47 was on the same looseness as my TTS 66's give or take despite my gross over simplifying of each respective cut so they should be slimmer. Haven't checked out measurements to verify though...

My size 30's stretched out to 32 for a while but after multiple soaks and getting all the shrinkage out they're sitting firmly at 31, however the relation of rise to thigh on these give me plenty of room regardless. I'd get the 31's over the 33's house...

Dr, if you want them tight then you should size down. Mine are the loosest jeans I own but I really like that about them. I'm starting to dislike the 'modern' trend of no rise and tight legs. I like that when I bend down in these and my LVC 47's that my shirts and butt don't fall out.

Thanks gentlemen!

Yeah, I really want them slim, like my Denime 66xx, the LVC66 or how they fit in the Lightning Denim Buyers Book. "Loose" makes me nervous when it comes to a 66, so size down is the way to go I'm sure. Anyone here who knows if there are size differences between different series of 'em?

The ones I'm eyeing are from their 1st series (arcuates but no tab).

SC1966USA-7.jpg