Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

• 2 weeks later...

Deleted my previous post as it was moot/over-exposed to hell...Just gave my 1966's a soak last night (countless soaks and washes, not sure how many?) and decided to snap some photos to document progress. Just about 7 months give or take with light wear as of late so not much difference in fades as my last update...One of my slower pairs since I'm wearing them so loose as well!

Still drying...

IMG_1169.jpg

Yoke is really starting to rope up

IMG_1141-1.jpg

Knees fading the most, tracks coming through as well

IMG_1165.jpg

Ripping up at the cuff creases!

IMG_1117.jpg

Sitting on the couch messing with background colors...I suck at photography!

IMG_1133.jpg

Would be interested to see any other 1966's out there? Particularly cheep?

Though I've only seen a few pairs with serious wear on them, I am starting to be a huge proponent of the denim on the 1966s...the blues that come out are gorgeous.

A buddy of mine has a really nicely worn pair and I'm going to try and get him to snap a shot of them soon.

^ Rainbow Okis - Mine are just starting to show color. Yellow came first and then reddish orange. Color is in the warp threads. Not enough contrast yet to show in a pic. A cool pair of jeans and worth your time. Kiya ordered them for me as he doesn't stock them.

They do indeed according to my experience. All depends on initial sizing. (TTs, TTs-1, ...)

Good luck

Just got a pair of 47s dirt cheap as a backup jean (working on Denimes, and Sugar Cane inseams are way too short for me), and I'm completely blown away by the denim. For those assuming it's mundane--it isn't. It has a ton of character.

Just got a pair of 47s dirt cheap as a backup jean (working on Denimes, and Sugar Cane inseams are way too short for me), and I'm completely blown away by the denim. For those assuming it's mundane--it isn't. It has a ton of character.

Even though these are the last 5 pocket jeans I spent any kind of time wearing, they are still the only ones I could see myself getting back into. There are so many other beautiful and super exciting 5 pockets out there, even repro cuts, but for me these really just knock it out of the park on all levels.

Speaking of 47s. Here are some I posted like 4 years ago in the evolution of jeans thread

Here's some of me wearing them.

caneswearingfront3ih.jpg

caneswearingback6pz.jpg

And another.

Sugarcanes washed 3 times (I think)... about 4.5 - 5 months old.

sc4monthsfront7bl.jpg

sc4monthslap4wf.jpg

sc4monthsback8xh.jpg

Sorry for the large pictures.

I totally rolled with a zippo in the coin pocket like a chump. What a rookie.

progress on my 1947s

I haven't been wearing them very hard, since I I've been working on my 1915s so hard. Also, these aren't the best for summer wear so thats another reason they've stayed in the closet.

they're probably my favorite fitting jeans and I love them. I've had them since november 2009.

first 2 photos are oddly foreshortened cause I cant fit out on the back porch with the jeans for photos. I'll take some better ones later.

sugarcane19470039.jpg?t=1285522114

sugarcane19470040.jpg?t=1285522141

sugarcane19470042.jpg?t=1285522184

sugarcane19470043.jpg?t=1285522204

this last photo is most color accurate.

• 2 weeks later...