Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

Since my '47s are coming due for a wash and it didn't matter too much if they got bird shit or blood on them, they were chosen for dog training last night. Not a lot of denim detail, but I figured I'd share 'em.

dropit.jpg

rear.jpg

stillholding.jpg

I have a pair of 2009's that are approaching the 1 year mark. They don't look that impressive, from a high-contrast, beat to shit perspective but they're developing some really nice subtle wear that probably reflects that I haven't done a ton of heavy lifting in them. If I'm feeling inspired later this week I'll snap some photos.

I have a pair of 2009's that are approaching the 1 year mark. They don't look that impressive, from a high-contrast, beat to shit perspective but they're developing some really nice subtle wear that probably reflects that I haven't done a ton of heavy lifting in them. If I'm feeling inspired later this week I'll snap some photos.

I'd lend my paltry 124 toward +repping your ass if you posted them.

SC40285. Discontinued, was available in several treatments: Persimmon dye, mud dye, tea dye, and one other that I forget

are they any good? i was interested in getting a pair of flathead 4001 b/c i want a pair of black denim. do you know how these fade?

please dont shoot birds, setterman.

I got plus and neg rep for my pictures. For those that were offended by them, I'm sorry that wasn't my intent and I debated whether or not to post them. For those that enjoyed them, I'm glad you did. That was a frustrating and rewarding night, but it's a very satisfying feeling for the dog and I when he (and all the other setters, pointers, and spaniels of the world) do what they've been bred for hundreds of years to do.

I got plus and neg rep for my pictures. For those that were offended by them, I'm sorry that wasn't my intent and I debated whether or not to post them. For those that enjoyed them, I'm glad you did. That was a frustrating and rewarding night, but it's a very satisfying feeling for the dog and I when he (and all the other setters, pointers, and spaniels of the world) do what they've been bred for hundreds of years to do.

i didn't plus or neg rep you, but i'll admit it was odd to see a picture of a man, apparently in his own backyard, undershirt, baseball cap, wire frame glasses, and rifle lazily shooting birds and commenting that he "got bird shit or blood" on him... and now relishing the satisfaction of, somehow, feeling connected to "hundreds of years" of tradition.

it makes me uncomfortable, but i guess that's what makes me a "progressive"?

i didn't plus or neg rep you, but i'll admit it was odd to see a picture of a man, apparently in his own backyard, undershirt, baseball cap, wire frame glasses, and rifle lazily shooting birds and commenting that he "got bird shit or blood" on him... and now relishing the satisfaction of, somehow, feeling connected to "hundreds of years" of tradition.

it makes me uncomfortable, but i guess that's what makes me a "progressive"?

The photographs were of a training session, not a hunt, on a large farm that my dog trainer is leasing for use. Every training session the dog encounters four to six homing pigeons that are placed in a remote controlled spring loaded trap. Hopefully the dog uses his nose, points the pigeon, we shape/steady him on point, praise him, release the bird and it makes the four mile flight back to the trainer's house to be used the next day with another pointer or setter.

Dogs can sour or get bored working with pigeons though, so the plan is that every couple weeks an old chukar or two from a local preserve are put out for the dog and shot. It keeps him excited about the work, and gives him the ultimate reward for his work (a bird in his mouth). With in a week or two we hope to get away from the contrived setting of a pigeon in a trap, and onto the quail the trainer is raising that will be simply released from their recall pen (which protects them from hawks and raccoons) out into the field. The quail will not be shot, we want them to become as strong of flyers and as wild as possible so we make the dog work and learn. The sporting breeds may have hundreds of years of breeding in them, but they still need training. And when I see the dog learning, gaining confiedence in himself and his nose, and doing what he's bred to do, it is satisfying.

I didn't say that I got blood or shit on myself, I said I might, that's why I wore a pair of jeans that were coming due for wash. When we're working with pigeons, they are carried into the field in a mesh pouch, they shit every where, and it can come through the pouch onto your clothing. Since I wasn't carrying the pouch, I didn't get dirty.

Now, let's let this be the end of this discussion, and get back to Sugar Canes.

4845006515_bdc2fcb778.jpg

4845623358_04ca2b0815.jpg

4845625408_5036990281.jpg

Sugarcane Okinawas, bought for my dad last spring, but apparently were 'too tight.' :confused: Got them back end of summer after finishing uni, and are wearing them pretty regularly until the 10/10/10-12/12/12 811 contest starts. The cut is a bit weird on me, but I've grown to love it.

Machine-washed, air-dried, soaked numerous times. And to ward off questions, Tanner belt, natural, ~1.5 years old and going strong. :)

• 2 weeks later...