Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

nice comparison pics s3lam. it's interesting how similar the fabric actually is when raw.

its also interesting the 36 x 34 LVC is still slimmer than the SC47 - even though the LVC should be 1 inch larger (I'm guessing these were 1 inch undersized)

the SC's should look great once soaked. I've got a pair I think I got from the same guy as you, and yes, hes a fast guy.

thanks for posting.

I think that the SC47's are more of a true 40's cut, whereas the LVC 47's are slimmer in the top block/thighs than the originals.

But you're right, it's interesting how similar the fabrics are when raw, shame that the details (stitching, rivets..etc) on the Cane's are head and shoulders above Lvc.

@ s3lam

Those SC's are gonna turn out great. I too have bought a couple of pairs of that guy (Blueocean?) and He's the man.

ive always wondered about the sugar cane arcs; is the stitching loose?

I wondered that too and was looking inside the back pockets at the stitching. I took a pic for you to see. I am no sewing expert but the stitching on the inside seems to be continuous. However the thread for the arc on the outside could unravel if you tug on the thread..so I guess the stitching is actually loose. Somebody correct me if I am wrong=)

IMGP2365.jpg

@ s3lam

Those SC's are gonna turn out great. I too have bought a couple of pairs of that guy (Blueocean?) and He's the man.

Thats the guy!!...actually blue7oceans to be correct..

Cant believe you bought two pairs!!...one for emergencies....lol=)...actually I was debating on getting an extra pair because at $160 it seemed like a steal!!

@erk

Yeah I was surprised to at how different the fits were on the 47's....top block much roomier than the lvc's..if I have time I will take some more detailed pics comparing both versions of the 47's...pics are always fun to have in a thread.

The arcs are broken like that intentionally.

Yeah, I liked that.

I removed the little triangle shape from underneath the arcs and trimmed the loose bits -

DSRLDenim010.jpg

@ s3lam

I bought a pair of 34/34's first, then Dr House told me they shrink TO tag size. I wanted to keep the dark indigo, as these were my first pair of Canes, so I bought the 32/32's.

And I keep my other pair for 'emergencies' too( LOL!)

LEVI'S issues.....

but from what i read from here a while ago http://repeattofade.blogspot.com/2007/01/levis-against-world.html

the levis things only affects jeans sold outside of japan. and u can only get sc jeans with the arcs from japan so if they wanted to they didnt have to pre distress the arcs. o well /shrug

but from what i read from here a while ago http://repeattofade.blogspot.com/2007/01/levis-against-world.html

the levis things only affects jeans sold outside of japan. and u can only get sc jeans with the arcs from japan so if they wanted to they didnt have to pre distress the arcs. o well /shrug

I agree.

I also think Levis/Lvc are just jealous that someone else made a better quality 40's repro than they ever have.

SC 2009 model o/w, '47 type II (slim cut version). The fit is amazing. SE purchased a few weeks ago. First wear today. 30w tagged (I'm a 31 usually - measured waist was a 31w when recieved).

Hemmed to 32L. I'm 5-8, 150. My first SC, and am in love with the TX/Zimbabwe blend. A very close fit to my '47 LVC. So, for comparison, since I just kopped both (both are post-shrink):

SC 2009 47 Tp II:

SC2009_1.jpg

SC2009_2.jpg

'47 LVC, 31w, 34L:

LVC1.jpg

LVC2.jpg

one-wash is rather harsh, but it won't make the denim fragile or more prone to damage. water and heat are a lot less harmful for denim than months upon months of built-up nut sweat. trust.

^ Sry to hear about your car salaami...

@mlyngard: great fit on both pairs. I've sold my 47 Canes (1st type) cuz' they were too boxy for my liking, but type II looks amazing. Too bad there isn't a chance to get a pair with arcs and tab. Anyone owns a pair of the zipped 55 Canes?

one-wash is rather harsh, but it won't make the denim fragile or more prone to damage. water and heat are a lot less harmful for denim than months upon months of built-up nut sweat. trust.

I know I know, but I just love the ritual of soaking, wearing when damp etcetera.

recently purchased a pair of one wash black selvage 1947 sugar canes off the blue7oceans ebayer, they are actually more of a charcoal colour than black, so heads up to anyone thinking about buying them... they are not black. i actually like this colour a lot since i wanted a pair of gray jeans anyways haha, i was aiming for more of a slim straight fit than a straight fit, so i ended up sizing down one, here's a fit pic for those interested.. i wore them for a couple of days around the house to stretch out the waist

4510173784_5b934687cc_o.jpg

yeah he has been and i completely forgot that this was mentioned before.. how he titled the jeans on ebay threw me off a bit haha, if i can recall, those are the only dyes that were available, but yeah.. didn't expect them to be this gray though, i remember aztec's post (he was the only one who posted pics for these) and they looked a bit darker