Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

X-Post from the evo thread..

Posting these for a yoyo-ing friend of mine that doesn't do Superfuture, i thought they came out really so we had them photographed. I liked this pair because it really shows how the sugar cane fibers affect the indigo loss pattern over time.

Sugar Cane Hawaii

Bought 30 months ago, worn on and off, only washed twice.

sc_hawaii_1.jpg

sc_hawaii_2.jpg

sc_hawaii_3.jpg

sc_hawaii_4.jpg

sc_hawaii_5.jpg

sc_hawaii_7.jpg

sc_hawaii_8.jpg

sc_hawaii_9.jpg

sc_hawaii_10.jpg

sc_hawaii_12.jpg

x-post from the sexsc06 thread

last update retiring these

1 year and 2 months some shit like that haha

4442046600_4572618327.jpg

4442046602_7f78a90ea0.jpg

whats left of my left pocket

4442046610_e46ea1cb7b.jpg

my own denim thong

4442046624_89677b2f82.jpg

Get those holes repaired and wear them casually! They're not gonna fade much more, but casually, they look amazing.

Hey few questions for you sugarcane veterans. Are the 50/50 cotton/sugar cane fibers jeans like the okis and hawaiis as durable as the vintage repro models? A lot of the people have amazing wear on both the repros and the 50/50s, so I was hoping they could offer some insight? I have a pair of S5000vx and am loving its invincibility, how do the sc models compare?

Guest patchmb
Hey few questions for you sugarcane veterans. Are the 50/50 cotton/sugar cane fibers jeans like the okis and hawaiis as durable as the vintage repro models? A lot of the people have amazing wear on both the repros and the 50/50s, so I was hoping they could offer some insight? I have a pair of S5000vx and am loving its invincibility, how do the sc models compare?

The 50/50 denim is very durable.

About as durable as any other denim, at least. s5000vx is a little heavier than the typical 14oz 50/50 though.

as an aside, why do people prefer the raws to one-wash. Don't people soak any way which renders them the same? I ask because on BiG, the one wash price is sometimes the same as the raw, and I thought that the extra cost of the wash would be reflected in the price....

the one wash process is usually pretty extreme (i.e. trip through a washer and a dryer to get all the shrinkage out). the one wash process typically results in denim that is softer and maybe even a little more fragile.

one reason people get raw is because they want to have more control over and/or enjoy the soaking/washing process. raw post-soak denim is more rigid than one wash, and that can result in sharper, higher contrast fades, whereas one wash denim can result in more "vintage" fades.

Great, now my only decision is between the okis and the hawaiis. Love the slubbiness and color of the okis, but the hawaiis look beautiful too....Would you guys recommend correct sizing if im 32 true waist?

I went true to size, size 30 for a 30" waist. Will post photos in a few days, had my Okis since last August, breaking in nicely.

Picked up a pair of 47's from ebay. Shipping was so fast...got it from Japan in 4 days!! The guy I purchased it from still has some sizes left for those of you who want a pair with arcs and tabs for a really good price ($160USD). He also has a couple pairs in the Black denim which are only about $140.

The denim used on the sugarcane 47's look similar to my sam0500 but are not as rough to the feel as the texas cotton

The canes also feel heavier and are slightly baggier as we all know(more anti fit). I also like the different colours in thread used throughout the jean....apparently there is 18 different colours used on this jean but to my eyes I can only distinguish about 4...lol

Here are some pics with a pair LVC 47

IMGP2343.jpg

Rust already!!...awesome! (sorry for the over exposure)

IMGP2344.jpg

The deerskin patch

IMGP2345.jpg

Sugarcane's selvage on the bottom

IMGP2346.jpg

All I had was a point and shoot camera...hopefully you can see the difference in the 2 denims. Canes on the top

IMGP2347.jpg

And of course some "pre-soak" fit pics

These are much more roomier than the lvc47. Much more room in the bum area. Probably won't soak them just yet as I am working on other pairs of denim right now. I apologize for the blur as I didnt wanna use the flash and as you can see it was hard to keep my hand still.

IMGP2362.jpg

IMGP2363.jpg

IMGP2364.jpg

nice comparison pics s3lam. it's interesting how similar the fabric actually is when raw.

its also interesting the 36 x 34 LVC is still slimmer than the SC47 - even though the LVC should be 1 inch larger (I'm guessing these were 1 inch undersized)

the SC's should look great once soaked. I've got a pair I think I got from the same guy as you, and yes, hes a fast guy.

thanks for posting.