Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

im 6'... maybe 6'1" but have a kinda long torso, so i can get a 1 1/2" cuff on a 34. these according to bigs measuremants have a 37" inseam raw... and i think they need to go in the dryer to really shrink down to 34, if they ever really do. i had taken them out of the tub about half an hour before i took the pic too.

lando... glad you like em. ive enjoyed the hell out of em. these 66 are just what i ad been looking for. thanks!

cheap -- did you end up throwing them in the dryer?

Soooo, any word on where sugar cane is making their non "made in the usa" jeans? Don't quote me on this, but I have a feeling that they are Japanese denim, but not made in Japan, maybe made in China. I was somewhat led to believe this by what I would consider a somewhat knowledgeable source.

Soooo, any word on where sugar cane is making their non "made in the usa" jeans? Don't quote me on this, but I have a feeling that they are Japanese denim, but not made in Japan, maybe made in China. I was somewhat led to believe this by what I would consider a somewhat knowledgeable source.

I won't quote you on it because its the stupidest fucking thing I've ever read, definitely on Superfuture, and maybe in my life. I don't know whether you actually think this, or you just like spouting off about shit like this to try and piss people off (it worked with me), but its stupid, obviously ill-informed, and irresponsible based on the amount of people that read these forums that aren't well-informed enough to realize that you talking about Sugar Cane being made in China is 100% absolute horseshit.

My only question of clarification is whether you are actually talking about the "Made in USA" (which, in a ridiculous coincidence, are made in the USA) or everything else by Sugar Cane, which surprisingly enough is made in Japan.

Dude, I was saying that I would like to be informed by someone on this board that has some insight into the manufacturing process by sugar cane. I think i started my post with a question on whether anyone had any word as to where Sugar Cane was manufactured (other than the Made in USA stuff).

I was informed by a japanese manufacturer who works with a factory where Sugar Cane used to be produced. He said that, "It was a factory where sugar cane used to have their jeans made when they were still made in Japan." I was taken aback by the statement so I asked him where they make their jeans now, other than the made in usa stuff. He simply told me that he didn't want to discuss where other companies he has worked with manufacture their clothes. He didn't want to burn bridges.

I am simply saying that I would like to be informed about it. I was drawing conclusions based on little information from a credible source.

Not to mention this had come up some time back in this thread about where the made in the usa stuff was manufactured and Kiya had told Cheap to PM him regarding the details of the Made in the USA stuff. It was somewhat apparent that he couldn't mention whatever information he had with the board, which is a little awkward, but not a big deal. I just thought it was weird, then to hear the above info coming from a somewhat informed person made me think about the situation.

Anyways,

Get the fucking stick out of your ass and think objectively sometime, rather than jumping to the fucking defense of every brand you worship.

I'm glad to know that your original post had some context to it, but the way you lead into definitely made it read as if you were referring to a previous discussion that had occurred in this thread, and while I remember the debacle surrounding the Made in USA line, I don't ever recall any questioning of where the rest of the line was produced.

Based on your explanation in your follow up, I'm sure someone with a little bit more access to the full scoop will follow up and either completely blow up the rumor, or leave us even more reason to speculate on the veracity of these claims.

I still think the original post is pretty lame in terms of serious insinuating without really disclosing why you had your doubts...but I get that it was a genuine question and for a legitimate reason, so my apologies for accusing you of intentionally stirring the pot just to do it.

I did not want to post who the person was that I got the info from, because I think it could hurt their business relations in Japan.

Also, I do remember in another thread, where someone had mentioned that a lot of the brands that we love on this site have factories in China. This does not mean that SC does, but SC is the largest Jeans manufacturer in Japan and I sometimes get the "Levis" vibe from them regarding corporate shit. Like boycotting the inazuma festival.

I still really like sugar cane's stuff and it is a great value and quality, but if they were manufacturing stuff in China it would really force me to rethink my purchases from them.

I wish I could remember where I heard this, but I remember reading somewhere that a lot of Japanese companies' made in Japan goods are actually made in factories in China. They are higher quality than the goods labeled 'Made In China', but they are still made in China. There must be some sort of loophole that we don't know about.

I'm being serious about reading this, even though it sounds like a vicious rumor.

@erk

Yea, you probably read in the ALD denim thread...

Yes it's true.... you can still label them with MIJ even tho 90% of it is made in China...

however, I dont think Made in China equates to bad quality.... bad rather, reflects on the price... the cost of sugarcanes in japan is probably one of the cheapest.... 1947 is around half the price of most samurais, fullcounts, warehouse, etc..... (yet it's got all the repros details)

however, that been said, this does not justify how they are priced in states.... Canes and 45rpm prices in USA are just ridiculous...