Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

Hey Dr Heech, does your tag say 32X32 or 32X34. I wondering because I bought a size 34 a while back (haven't soaked them yet) and I just wanted to know if yours shrunk below tag size??

Pi$tol

Tagged 32/32, measured 34/34, but haven't shrunk in the waist, only the length, even after I threw them raw into the washer on a 15 minute 'freshen up' cycle with no detergent.

(I pretty much wash all my STF's on this cycle as it hardly shrinks/takes colour out)

I was told by Dr. House (i think) that these are pre-2007 with arcs and tab, and will shrink TO tag size.

I also have a pair in 34/34 for..(ahem)..emergencies.

Just picked these up about 2 hours ago at Klaxon Howl. They are one wash. They have one left in size 34.

There were also are few sc55's (arcs) and edo ai's (arcs and tab) and a couple of lee repros from what I remember.

DSC_5643.jpg

DSC_5642.jpg

Dr.H... perfect! wish my 47's fit tlike that! +rep!

Thanks for that Vinneus

Yeah, really loving these earlier models, and a nice comparison/compliment to my Lee and Lvc current wearers.

Dont ever want to wash them, but alas, will probably succome one day. Maybe hand wash in cold water?

Fit pics

IMGP2300.jpg

IMGP2305.jpg

IMGP2299.jpg

IMGP2302.jpg

Leg twist

IMGP2296.jpg

They retailed for 289 CDN plus taxes but they gave me a deal for 265 CDN (tax included). Not the cheapest and I know I could have probably gotten them cheaper on the supermarket but had to get these with the arcs as they are almost impossible to find these days and its nice to support the local stores here in Toronto.

And just for fun ***Bonus Pics***

Along side my freshly washed lot 2000 no.1's

IMGP2307.jpg

IMGP2306.jpg

think the sc2009 '47 typeII is worth the 200 or should i just get another model

if you want a slim straight fit in lighter weight denim then it is totally worth it. The fabric is super soft and the cut fit me good. my 2009 is one of my favourite fit i have.

I'll get some fit pics soon

I'm a 32 in SDA 103, what size should I get for Hawaii?

Do I size down because the hawaii are high rise?

Are the hawaii really baggy compared to the 103?

Thanks

id size down one... and even then the hawaii will be baggier than your 103, but the waist will fit.

for comparison, here is the 03 in 33 and okinawa(same cut as hawaii) in 32

sda

dscf5155.jpg

sugarcane

dscf5110.jpg

whoever owns a SC belt, care to comment on their durability and quality of the leather? does it become "smoother" with age or does it develop wrinkles/cracks?

I've had mine for a year now I think and although it's developed some wrinkles (mostly near the belt holes), it hasn't affected the texture I don't think. I wear mine everyday and its still smooth but that could be down to care (I've applied Obenaufs once). With durability, it looks like its going to last awhile more, I can post pics if you want.