Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

^ In terms of sizing I went +1 in the waist, since I'll be tucking my shirt in and all at work - and people's confidence in me drops exponentially the tighter my pants get :P (I work in a hospital)...

I'll try and gets some fit-pics up here and my blog next week when my partner comes home. This is the best I could manage by myself, sorry I can't be of more help at the moment (ignore my home scuffs please :P)

DSC03268.jpg

It has a straight-leg, slightly relaxed fit.

On me the 47 are "antifit" but after a while they settle. I've grown to love them. As for the type ll don't know much except they have a lower rise, this might translate into a slightly better seat fit. Hope that helps.

Great thanks. Does anyone have any fit pics of the Type IIs?

hey mike, is cat paws is under Toyo as well??!! wow, I didnt know that

Hey, I think Toyo somehow managed to get permission from Biltrite to make garments using the Cat's Paw brand? I'm really not sure... and I haven't seen much else made in the Cat's Paw range.

P.S. I have to say the quality really is quite high, despite not made in Japan. Oh, and the other colours (other than charcoal grey) are 100% cotton, as opposed to the 60% cotton, 40% poly on the grey one.

gave my 66 another wash yesterday because they could stand up on thier own from the sweat and dirt caked on them from all of the skatebaording ive been doing in them... thats pretty much all i wear them for really. i have a feeling that im not gonna get much in the way of honeycombs from these, but the color of the denim as it fades is beautiful.

dscf6652.jpg

dscf6653.jpg

dscf6654.jpg

dscf6655i.jpg

dscf6656b.jpg

Hey, I think Toyo somehow managed to get permission from Biltrite to make garments using the Cat's Paw brand? I'm really not sure... and I haven't seen much else made in the Cat's Paw range.

P.S. I have to say the quality really is quite high, despite not made in Japan. Oh, and the other colours (other than charcoal grey) are 100% cotton, as opposed to the 60% cotton, 40% poly on the grey one.

Who says they got permission. If there is one thing this board should teach someone is that these companies keep entire armies of trademark lawyers at work.

Crosspost, stuck here since it's about my SC1966s. I decided that I want to hem them after all and have a good cut that I don't have to cuff. My problem is that I don't really like the way a lot of local tailors here hem jeans (they always make the fold too big) so I decided to do it myself. Avert your eyes, this is going to be messy:

First, mark the spots. The pin is where it's going to be hemmed to. The second pin is gone but that marked where I needed to cut. Remember that we have to fold twice, so 3cm extra is needed. At this point I'm thinking, "Holy shit did I just cut my Sugar Canes?"

28cjdia.jpg

Measuring to make sure I didn't just fuck up, and evening out the hem.

n9grd.jpg

Here's my stitching method. Did I mention that I don't have a sewing machine? This stitching method will get some severe roping. It's already noticeable thanks to both high tension and pulling. I watched a few episodes of The Shield while doing this and only stabbed my finger once.

169ncjd.jpg

Success, just enough stacking to look normal for the cut with enough room to cuff if I want. Jeans are pretty much unworn so of course they look slightly off.

295db1g.jpg15dr9x.jpg

does anyone know the difference between sc40301a and sc40301ab? im guessing one is o/w one is raw, im just not sure which is which or if im totally off base.

The suffix N = RAW, A = One wash, H = Hard wash. Hope this can clear things out for you.

so i got okinawas in 34 and they turned out to be quite a bit looser than i had anticipated. not sure if i want to keep them as i am currently losing weight. if anyones planning on getting okis in size 34 i'd probably trade them for a size 33. they're BNWT

alternatively do any of you think i should just keep them?

CIMG2747.jpg

i was under the impression that since they're O/W the shrinking would be minimal from soaking. i do really really like the denim and the fits really good now, i just worry about how they'll fit when i lose more weight. my first pair of nice denim, SC47s suffered from a similar fate, i lost a bunch of weight and then the fit/fades didnt turn out well.