Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

Guest redchris
^Nice. I always liked the recycled jeans, but they are too short for me. What I really want and am fighting all urges to actually buy right now...

img10391776062.jpeg

Wowee, where on earth could you buy these from?

^ BiG still has some I think but I'd bet the arc is removed

(checks)

yup, one pair left in size 28, no arcuate:

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=2&category_id=&manufacturer_id=3&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

Also on rakuten:

http://search.borderless.rakuten.com/borderless/search.action?l=en&pf=&pt=&f=0&fs=0&vm=2&sm=0&sp.st=&t=new&tl=0&k=sc40501

If you want them, snap them up. they're a discontinued model (see: levi's lawsuit)

img10391776062.jpeg

I guess I didn't look very closely when these were first posted, but on the repost, I had to steady myself to keep from choking. One pocket jeans with belt loops are bad enough, but attaching the belt loops and the cinch straps in the same place made me want to fly to Japan and destroy every pair I could find. To me this looks like something from Levi's Red.

I guess I didn't look very closely when these were first posted, but on the repost, I had to steady myself to keep from choking. One pocket jeans with belt loops are bad enough, but attaching the belt loops and the cinch straps in the same place made me want to fly to Japan and destroy every pair I could find. To me this looks like something from Levi's Red.

+Rep for that

They are like a bad dream from the eighties.

Guest redchris

You mean the 47's for sale by blue7oceans? cheers mate, I've bought a few jeans off him, he's a top lad, but he's using an old photo, I mailed him weeks ago and he confirmed the ones for sale had no tab.

Anyone knows how much the Raw Hawaiis will shrink?

I've read mix things. any where from .5-1 inch or so. also mixed things about them stretching a lot vs not.

trying to figure out if I should size down. tried the 31s and I have a tiny bit of room in them.

Apologies in advance if this has been asked. thanks kindly for your help.

Picked up my Hawaiis yesterday, and I must say that they're one of the most unique jeans I've ever owned. I love all the details and the irregularities of the denim. Also, there was so much bleeding during the soak. It was an indigo blood bath. these puppies are gonna age nicely.

IMG_1544.jpg

Love the details on these

IMG_1546.jpg

IMG_1547.jpg

IMG_1549.jpg

Indigo soup!!!

IMG_1550.jpg

Thanks to Beatle, kiya, and chantheman for the fit advice. Cheers!!!

Picked up my Hawaiis yesterday, and I must say that they're one of the most unique jeans I've ever owned. I love all the details and the irregularities of the denim. Also, there was so much bleeding during the soak. It was an indigo blood bath. these puppies are gonna age nicely.

IMG_1544.jpg

Love the details on these

IMG_1546.jpg

IMG_1547.jpg

IMG_1549.jpg

Indigo soup!!!

IMG_1550.jpg

Thanks to Beatle, kiya, and chantheman for the fit advice. Cheers!!!

Farhad- Nice pickup! Hawaii denim is pretty unique, and it fades (relatively quickly) to such a nice color.

That's a fair point. The cinch strap on my NdG jeans is right under the belt loops and it's driving me crazy. I just might remove the loops. BTW, I've since moved on to other obsessions and no longer care about the Edo ais :)

Greasypeanut- I got them in the US

Zissou- thanks. I'm really loving these. They bled so much during the soak. After 3 days, they already are showing some signs of wear. You're totally right, I think they're gonna fade pretty quick.

Btw do you have any pics to show of an older pair?

I saw a pair of kiya's friend somewhere in this thread and they looked really interesting.

^Farhad

Since I bought a pair for someone, I was looking up the hawaii's and I've found a few posts with pics of older pairs (too many pics to post so just giving the links)

Kiya's friend's

lilldavid's

carl's

I really like this denim, a shame the pair I bought didn't fit my friend (or me), so have to sell (link here if anyone is interested). Enjoy your pair dude, post fit pics

On a side note, cheep n aho are really making me think about getting the 66's after i put a good dent in my denime xx's. Always wanted a 66 cut and a jean from sugar cane.

Thanks for posting those. awesome evo on these jeans. I'm pretty happy with mine as they're fitting like a glove. This denim is crazy.

I'll post some fit pics soon.

+ rep as well

Cheers and thanks again for the awesome links.

just arrived today...

4943135398_3b41040310_z.jpg

4942549719_72f05c3329_z.jpg

4942550187_efc06bed2a_z.jpg

4943136506_8186773067_z.jpg

post soak fit. these are absolutely amazing! they feel much heavier than 14.25oz.

4942824145_4c916a8b64_z.jpg

They've stretched out a bit and settled so they look looser now than in that pic. I could have gone with a 33, but went TTS 34 instead. I really like the room compared to my skulls or PBJs and the denim has so many shades of blue its so different from any other denim I have.