Ooe Yofukuten x S&S: Official Contest Thread 2016

aho

Cheers Mayno boy. I'm a bit suspicious of the solar powered mechanism, the only problematic seiko watch my father has sports one of those systems. Wonder if there's a good ole automatic alternative.

Not that I have an urge to buy another seiko, I have already two plus my beloved 1977 Certina x Volvo 50th  anniversary watch so all my three arms are already covered.

Thank you @Maynard Friedman. Your link just unwinded a further research, and actually I've realized that there are loads of different Seiko Prospex series with a blue dial. That one is so friggin identical to the SK007 (which I already own) that I would have to be as obsessed as @aho to buy it! the recently released Blue Lagoon and Turtle look fabolous... mmh....

I think the most exciting blue dial model recently will be the SPB053, which comes out November-ish. It's a modern take on the classic 62MAS (which is getting a limited edition homage re-release under the SBDX019 moniker), but answers many of the common complaints people had in the sub-$2K range, namely, lack of sapphire. USD retail is $800-1000, but I've seen pre-orders on Japanese sites around the $650 range, and it'll likely settle around there, or $750 max. Definitely never pay MSRP for Seiko! It may remind you of the SKX, but only because the 62MAS was the very first Seiko diver from the 60's, and all divers since share that same DNA. If I was in the market, this would def. be the watch I'd buy!

Seiko-Prospex-Diver-SPB051-SPB053-Modern-62Mas-Top-10-Baselworld-2017-readers.jpg

On the turtle, I love mine and it was my daily wearer until my GS came in. I feel that 70's/Vietnam War vibe sort of matches you volvo!

Edited by aho

^ In the early months, I'll admit that I didn't really see why the Ooes suggested the #17 fabric. It was very appealing raw and crispy, but then felt kind of boring after a couple washes and was very slow to show fading. These past few months, as the jeans are starting to show considerable wear and developing amazing texture, I've finally understood why they consider this denim something special. Guess it shows to just trust the experts...

please shut it about the incredible lht denim already, i've regretted not joining this contest enough as it is :(

Edited by oomslokop
for more sorrow

it's really a crazy looking denim. Very streaky with those horizontal lines. Personally I am not mad at those horizontal lines but undeniably there's something special about it.

Great to see nice fades and to see that Aho managed to not outfat his pair, congratulations!

Man, nice shots in here everyone. Sadly haven't been able to wear my Ooes these past 3 weeks due to a hole in the crotch and job taking up loads of my time now. Hoping to send them off to indigo proof later this week. Jeans before sending them off.

_DSF0890.JPG

_DSF0893.JPG

_DSF0892.JPG

_DSF0891.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, volvo240thebest said:

Yes you could focus on one pair of jeans and still own a denim shop. Kya churned out a number of grail pairs over the years. Believe in yourself, you can do it!

It's true. I've been doing 6 month rotations lately. It's been tough with the amount of good stuff we're landing lately, and there's another couple of projects coming up that'll burn up some legroom. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ah yeah, photo time. It's a nice sunny day in NYC finally!

WNEQU0k.jpg

Ia09cCV.jpg

GYpcq7L.jpg

I like how they're wearing through at every prominent spot on the right side from my work bag's friction. Little bits of stitching are starting to go on the front and back pockets, but they should be able to make it through September.