Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

Server for money, photographer for burning a hole in my pocket and creative output. Would love to eventually have photography become my job, all in due time.

The photo game is nice for extra cash =] Have an instagram / website / gallery?

just followed you

Followed you back man. I know I asked this on your Instagram but, maybe other people who shoot on here as well would want to discuss this, how do you like your Fuji xt1? I've been looking around at getting a digital for the first time since HS (only shot film recently) and have been looking at the x100t mainly because I like the fixed lens that it has.

Followed you back man. I know I asked this on your Instagram but, maybe other people who shoot on here as well would want to discuss this, how do you like your Fuji xt1? I've been looking around at getting a digital for the first time since HS (only shot film recently) and have been looking at the x100t mainly because I like the fixed lens that it has.

I would say absolutely do it Karanimal has an xt1 as well. I have the 23mm 1.4 as well and love it. I would get an x100T if I had the funds

^Funny, I just bought an X70 (not aiming to be professional etc) but it's a good gateway camera IMO for those used to a P&S or iPhone (for the touchscreen feature) if you can get over the 28mm and lack of EVF. Perfect for when you need to pull something out quickly on the go, but just a hair less pocketable than say a GR II...Will be experimenting this weekend, maybe even get a few denim shots in

^Funny, I just bought an X70 (not aiming to be professional etc) but it's a good gateway camera IMO for those used to a P&S or iPhone (for the touchscreen feature) if you can get over the 28mm and lack of EVF. Perfect for when you need to pull something out quickly on the go, but just a hair less pocketable than say a GR II...Will be experimenting this weekend, maybe even get a few denim shots in

Was just reading reviews of the x70 and that is a very possible option for me. There is a VF available that attaches to the hotshoe (which for me I would need that) if you were interested aho.

I currently use an Olympus OM-D, which is a great camera for me. I shot film (Olympus OM-2S, Nikon FG) for a while but decided it was started to become more of a hassle and decided it was finally time to move on to digital. Been great so far!

I've also got the OM-D - in my case an E-M10. It's been great as a travel and street camera and I'm really happy with my purchase.

I currently use an Olympus OM-D, which is a great camera for me. I shot film (Olympus OM-2S, Nikon FG) for a while but decided it was started to become more of a hassle and decided it was finally time to move on to digital. Been great so far!

I am going the opposite direction.

Currently enjoying film very much, shooting much more slowly.

Mostly using Nikon FM3A, D600 resting in the dry box.

What do all of you guys shoot with? Personally I have a Pentacon six that I use for most of my stuff, plus a Nikon D5200 for digital

I'd love a bronica ETRS for film but i use a fuji xt1 and just sold my Nikon d600 and lenses

The best camera is the one you have with you, which means I end up using the iPhone a lot. Rarely do I drag out my heavy old Canon anymore.

I hated bringing a DSLR to typical family stuff

Smartphones are very valuable in that you have them with you all the time, that much is very true. But smartphones (including the iPhone) only work reasonably well outside and when it's nice and sunny - I seriously wouldn't want to, for example, shoot my kid exclusively with smartphones. Every time I whip out my pretty old and not-that-great Sony A200 I'm blown away by how big the difference between a proper camera and smartphones still is.

What I mean is, 90% of "worth printing and hanging on your wall" pics I take, I take them with a DSLR.

I've also got the OM-D - in my case an E-M10. It's been great as a travel and street camera and I'm really happy with my purchase.

Nice! I have the older version of the EM-5. Just recently bought a Panasonic 20mm 1.7. Haven't had a chance to use it but the camera is super light and portable with it. Great for traveling and hope to use it a lot for my trip to Japan

I am going the opposite direction.

Currently enjoying film very much, shooting much more slowly.

Mostly using Nikon FM3A, D600 resting in the dry box.

My friends doing the same! He all of a sudden wants to go shoot film all the time now. I just lost interest when I couldn't develop it myself anymore. 

Edited by d-rew12

Nice! I have the older version of the EM-5. Just recently bought a Panasonic 20mm 1.7. Haven't had a chance to use it but the camera is super light and portable with it. Great for traveling and hope to use it a lot for my trip to Japan

My friends doing the same! He all of a sudden wants to go shoot film all the time now. I just lost interest when I couldn't develop it myself anymore. 

I dont see a huge reason to shoot 35mm film. 120 film, sure but I cant ever see a reason to shoot 35mm when owning a digital.

i have a Sony alpha6000 and shoot only with vintage manual lenses (old pentax and sovietic lenses).great little camera. I hope to upgrade sometime in the future to a full frame Sony alpha7

oh, this is the profession and camera thread now. well, i'm a produce buyer for whole foods, have a canon 40D a photography degree and doing nothing with it but posting on instagram once in a while with my s6... but i wanted to come in here and confess that i've been wearing raw japanese denim since 2009, but i recently bought and fell in love with a pair of black on black, made in mexico, levi's 513 with 1% elastane. they fit me so perfectly and that little bit of stretch lets me do stuff like rock climbing in them with no loss of flexibility. don't judge me.

Edited by Rob060

oh, this is the profession and camera thread now. well, i'm a produce buyer for whole foods, and have a canon 40D, but i wanted to come in here and confess that i've been wearing raw japanese denim since 2009, but i recently bought and fell in love with a pair of black on black, made in mexico, levi's 513 with 1% elastane. they fit me so perfectly and that little bit of stretch lets me do stuff like rock climbing in them with no loss of flexibility. don't judge me.

You filthy casual