7 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah247 said:

Hello everyone, hope all is well. Long time lurker here but seldom post. TCB is one of my favorite brands. I’m not a big social media guy but just realized that you can buy directly from TCB to the states from their website? Is it as pain free as I’m hoping? Thank you. 

Hi!

Yes, it's really pain free to order from the tcb website. I've done it at least 3-4 times without any problems :)

No issues with my order either 

Just purchased a dude ranch and I'm stoked haven't had a denim shirt in a while and I love the look of sawtooth style.  Hoping the size 44 works out.

Well as an update it was about 30 minutes from ordered to shipped 

Edited by corporalclegg

162EC2A7-2890-49F0-95B9-42333817132B.jpeg

Edited by JDelage

I wrote to Ryo about the black 50s.

They are sold out in most sizes at the moment but will be restocked in about a month. He also told me that they won't stretch a lot, especially compared to the contest pairs. The ones they have worn seems to have stretched just about an inch.  So sizing up seems like a good advice. 

Maybe they'll adjust the pattern for future runs. Would've been too good to be true for the first try

I hope so, they'll need to add just and inch or so to the waist. I'll probably get them either way, but that would take away any hesitation..

Edited by maharu
Words

^ I just got my pair in today, and am wearing them now. The size 34 once-washed measured 32" across the waist, and it feels like it's started to stretch a bit in just the last couple hours. Got the same info from Ryo: seems like their pair in W34 measured 82 cm fresh from the wash & had stretched to 84.5 cm after a few days' wear. I'd like a little more stretch than this (ideally to an 86 or 86.5 cm final waist measurement), but would be fine with 84.5 if that's where they ended up. Will keep y'all updated, of course!

The jeans themselves look really great—just what I was hoping for. Finding good lighting to photograph them will be tough, but I'll try to some time this week. Overall, assuming some waist stretch, the cut's perfect for me. There's very little, if any, taper in towards the waist, but the top block still feels plenty roomy; the thighs are slim and the legs are straight. This is probably already known to anyone who's worn the standard '50s, but the cut's totally new to me, and I think I'm really gonna like it. My only preference would be for a slightly higher rise, but even that's nitpicking.

black '50s

U7gwmpC.jpg

FvqdhK3.jpg

They look really good @julian-wolf -- keep us posted about the stretch/measurements after a few weeks. I'm definitely interested in getting a pair.

Haha the leg twist on these is wild

Thanks for the update@julian-wolf,  they look great!

I think that will settle it for me sizewise. As said above, keep us posted where these end up!

they look really good on you Julian.
I have no interest in black jeans myself but I'm curious to see how these will age with wear.

on a different note, it seems that Tcb is launching a blanket lined 50s jacket, apparently, they're live in instagram now and they're handling some blanket lined jackets and talking about 50s jacket...
1+1=2, I think!

Yeah those look really good @julian-wolf

Would you mind measuring the front rise on the 34? That's probably the size for me too I think, but whether the waist will fit depends on the rise.

2037749253_Schermataa2020-10-2314-05-12.png.60b3c8a9941f5a97e931da21a5f7fc24.png

1501454016_Schermataa2020-10-2314-04-49.png.3a23fbc4d0d78f86b504f20512b762dc.png

shorter tcb 50s jacket, cmon guys it's the time to rant that still it's not short enough.

giphy.gif

Edited by volvo240thebest

I like the long body length. Keeps my junk warm on chilly days. 

I like it short, long jackets make me look smaller. I think they nailed it, but want to see the 42 chart.
Anyhoo I have so many tcb jakets at this stage that I won't cop anymore for sure:
tcb 50s
tcb 50s duck
tcb 30s
tcb 60s
tcb s40s
seaman

I have enough for a lifetime.

Thinking bout that blanket lined option, always liked those

The 50s jacket thing is great news, since the current one is both too narrow for my chest and too long for my taste.

@Thanks_M8 yeah, I work in an atomic physics lab / run an experiment looking at cavity qed / optomechanics / spin optodynamics—I don’t really like most of the swag shirts (except SRS; theirs are 100% cotton, comfortable, & hold up well), but I also don’t like letting things go to waste, so…

@Mtvare after most of a day of wear the front and rear rises measure 11.75” and 15.5”, respectively. @all, the waist now measures 33” on the dot, but I’ll keep updating that.

I really like the fabric on these. Everything about them besides the construction & detailing, actually, reminds me heavily of the black Wranglers my dad used to wear (maybe still wears?), and I think on some subconscious level that’s what I’ve been looking for in black jeans this whole time

9 hours ago, volvo240thebest said:

1501454016_Schermataa2020-10-2314-04-49.png.3a23fbc4d0d78f86b504f20512b762dc.png

shorter tcb 50s jacket, cmon guys it's the time to rant that still it's not short enough

Nah the chart’s right this time... it is the length of a dress :P

Two days in & the waist is sitting at a comfortable 33 1/2" : )

i'm 6'1/186cm and the fit on my 50s jacket is almost perfect, so it's bummer they're changing the cut entirely. i like the reduced sleeve length, but every other (albeit perhaps minor) change is a thumbs down for me.

Edited by conqueror

6 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

Two days in & the waist is sitting at a comfortable 33 1/2" : )

I'm in!

Black 50's jacket is very intriguing to me...