TCB

12 hours ago, roomtemplacroix said:

just got these seamens trousers today. the denim texture is really something. 

The perfect summer pants, great to see more people picking it up. Wearing my pair pretty much all the time now.

Hey guys, I've got a size 31 one wash pair of TCB 50s for sale--unworn and hemmed to 80cm. You can check them out here: https://www.grailed.com/listings/15168592-tcb-jeans-tcb-jeans-50s-one-wash-size-31

And of course, they'd come with a SuFu discount! Just hit me up. 

IMG_2655.jpg

TCB 50s after two months

Haven't done much during these weird times except yard work and hiking so I have some great butt fades showing! Love these jeans so much, washed them every other week or so. Stoked to see how they continue to develop. 

AC4D68F6-3D88-4DB6-91A0-003392FD7606.jpeg

7BD72646-CD9A-4D4A-809D-88B5CC7BDE94.jpeg

On 6/14/2020 at 4:32 PM, BrownMetallic said:

Interesting how Hajime went over how the steel rivets & pocket come together in the [wartime] sewing production line environment. One notable feature w/c was good to know was, there was no bartack reinforcement, w/c usually occur at the beginning of attaching the back pocket flap ... before rivets installation.

‘Got a question about the WW2 painted broken arcs.  I noticed variants in repro arc shapes & colors through the years.  Was there any particular [official] WW2 painted arcuate?!

0574F95D-3FA2-49A2-A0A7-92AF961F9F36.thumb.jpeg.77aa77c68c6b07b8efe61b53275416fd.jpeg

2D818E70-2807-481A-8034-839949DF20E4.jpeg.d760e6446d8d724304aed4ee5bedcf7f.jpegB3987529-DC4D-4A4B-9F7A-C55397FA3C25.jpeg.fbe307af63ca439798c6404af7d949f0.jpeg

@BrownMetallic I was thinking the same thing. Maybe @Paul T could help out. 

Paul, or others, what color did Levi's originally use for the painted arcs? Was it this brown gold thread color? I think I've even seen darker green. 

Think about the whole rationing concept - I’d say use whatever colour you have and in the same spirit of the lottery pocket bags, even if not period correct, it will be on a moral and environmental level and will certainly capture the zeitgeist of the contest.

54 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Think about the whole rationing concept - I’d say use whatever colour you have and in the same spirit of the lottery pocket bags, even if not period correct, it will be on a moral and environmental level and will certainly capture the zeitgeist of the contest.

Well I recently painted my living room "Cotton Gray" so it sounds like some slightly off white arcs coming my way. 

1 hour ago, Maynard Friedman said:

I assumed you used emulsion if you’re talking about your walls. I think you may need an acrylic paint for the arcs to prevent it from washing out.

Yes that's exactly what I'm talking about. It seems to stay quite well on denim as I have a pair of fullcount jeans with it all over them. Been through the wash since a handful of times and still there. I think I will give it a shot! Create a template for it, and do it. Worst case it washes out and I need to do it over with more appropriate paint. 

1 hour ago, roomtemplacroix said:

anybody have anything to say about the daisy mae hat / photos to share? kinda want one but not entirely sure how to pull it off.

i’ve been wondering the same! i want the denim version. one of the tcb workers has one and it looks great on him. i have the 30s cap in olive duck and i love it. also i follow you on insta, love your stuff!

2 hours ago, darkstar73 said:

i’ve been wondering the same! i want the denim version. one of the tcb workers has one and it looks great on him. i have the 30s cap in olive duck and i love it. also i follow you on insta, love your stuff!

send me a message so i can follow back!