beatle

What about Jeans Jackets ....

Nice evo on the SDA jacket, cottonskinblues, sashiko repair lookin good!

Thank you !! Heddels is having a sashiko contest.... might give that a go with the other elbow hahha

@MJF9, thanks! I think I am going to give it a wash soon. I’ll post pics when I do. How is yours coming along?

@eeejayaich look forward to your post wash pics.
No change in mine as I’ve been wearing my CSF type 1 since I got it last May. Seeing yours did remind me to get it out again soon though! It’ll be worn in the house though as the UK is on lockdown proper from tonight to who-knows-when (about time too). 

:ohmy: Shameless plug for LVC Type 1 size L and Old Blue triple pleat 1st jacket size L made of Cone White Oak selvedge brown duck. message me. 

What are all the triple pleat jackets out there?  I know of Nama, JWJ, and LVC of course.  What other ones are out there?  I didn't realize there were a few to choose from.

Everyone makes one now and I'm trying to get rid of my LVC one haha With so many options, I'd be interested to see how they all compare to one another

I took some pictures of my Self Edge Iron Heart collab SExIH07IIIBK jacket that I've had for the last 5 years. I probably washed it 6-7 times? not as much as I normally wash things but I like the result on the overdyed fabric. 

IMG_2919.jpeg

IMG_2921.jpeg

IMG_2922.jpeg

IMG_2923.jpeg

IMG_2924.jpeg

IMG_2925.jpeg

Who makes a longer jean jacket? Sometimes I don’t feel like tucking my shirts in and it looks terrible with the typical shorter jean jackets like the ranch blouse, 101j, etc 

2 hours ago, ecsong187 said:

Who makes a longer jean jacket? Sometimes I don’t feel like tucking my shirts in and it looks terrible with the typical shorter jean jackets like the ranch blouse, 101j, etc 

The iron heart modified are longer as well as the 3sixteen+ caustic wave type III jackets. PBJ jackets are pretty long too. 

PBJ are quite long (see my pic on the PBJ thread a couple weeks back), and so are the IH "modified" cuts. However, most are not long enough to wear a BD shirt untucked without the tail showing up (which looks bad IMHO). Depending on how long the shirt is you *might* be able to hide an untucked shirt tail under a work coat type of jacket.

Got this from Clutch as they’re having a little sale. Belafonte rag time jacket. Light weight enough for the warmer months 10.5 oz, not sure why the last picture flipped.275B0905-FEA0-4424-BF12-EA4AA5E2E504.thumb.jpeg.9ae7187dae34834a831593fa08ad03b0.jpeg

223D9DC0-B1A3-4106-9C32-6CD21EE3CCFD.thumb.jpeg.e01837e3cdbaf538e21e870fffafb441.jpeg

1737AEEF-5CD7-4479-A4B3-6C646F1157D5.thumb.jpeg.b635f78f7f449ccd3068490b607246fb.jpeg

I like the style of Belafonte clothing - bold

Jamie @ EastWest has a few items too

The upcoming TCB WWII release has me thinking about the early '40s era denim jacket. I have a Type I Fullcount from 2015/2016 that I believe is meant to replicate the WWII style (no flap on the pocket). Do all Type I's feature that reversed cuff overlay? The Long John site has an excellent vintage example with the reversed cuff. My FC features the same. I really dislike the way it makes the sleeve puff at the wrist. Just curious to know if anyone has more information on that particular feature. See the vintage and FC (non-WWII model) below for reference.

levis-506xx-506-big-e-jacket-long-john-b

type-1-jacket-2107r.jpg

type-1-jacket-2107r.jpg

Been curious about this feature as well, my Warehouse type I has the same cuffs and they do kind of puff out a bit.
I've noticed that they have settled a bit with more wear luckily.

Iron Heart Rider Jacket

IMG_6448.jpg

IMG_6451.jpg

IMG_6468.jpg

IMG_6469.jpg

Posted (edited)

Levi's Trucker I picked up for $23 in 2017

hv5FYMO.jpg

8J3eKkT.jpg

zjKLV7c.jpg

HGgmFVF.jpg

ItaxBIV.jpg

FuPftha.jpg

Bt06Yb2.jpg

FU9noba.jpg

xDJxB9S.jpg

iKG0rVM.jpg

8pn5jOw.jpg

b7ROlO0.jpg

Don't wear it much these days 'cause it's so long, but I still like it lots as an extra layer over a flannel

Edited by julian-wolf

Love the cuff detail/design - less so the pocket placement, a different size on one of them might improve the imbalance my eye sees

Yeah, it's not for everyone—when it was rigid it looked a little off to me, too, but at this point I've come to feel like it plays nicely with how twisted the body is / how diagonal the placket is

Freewheelers Gold Miner cotton/linen

Untitled-4.jpg

Nice. Same model popped up on eBay recently.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, JDelage said:

Nice. Same model popped up on eBay recently.

Actually a wee bit busy for my tastes (as are the bottoms) but an essential design for the collection ... and the fabric is brilliant 

Edited by Duke Mantee

My new Samurai S0552XX jacket, one-wash, size 42  

Lot # 23

Length: 66 cm

Width: 55.5 cm

Shoulder: 48.5 cm

Sleeve: 63 cm

Thank you b_Freak, Broark, Bobbo for your inputs.

IMG-7343 B.jpg

IMG-7345.jpg

IMG-7340.jpg

IMG-7341.jpg

Edited by dada mafiosi