Levi's Vintage Clothing

I've got some questions for some 55 experts here.

The rivets on the inside have similarly shiny silver backs, steel maybe? I dont know. I dont even know if originals were like that. its kinda cool though.

5307237242_d5b7135d9d_z.jpg

the backs of the hidden rivets are normal.QUOTE]

Forgot to mention that originals did have silver coloured backs/copper fronted rivets from c.1962 onwards ('till early nineties IIRC) even though the hidden rivets were still copper (until 1966 when they were removed)

Also, the 501's made during the war had copper-washed steel hidden rivets too (some did, some didn't)

I'll shut up now .

My Sugar canes 1966 also got silver coloured backs/copper fronted rivets, closer to the originals?

@dr.heech: so we'll never rep you again ;-)

Today I've added my genuine suspender buttons on my 37's (positioned like 33's):

dsci0502.jpg

dsci0503e.jpg

dsci0504x.jpg

And here are the POSTSOAK measurements:

Waist: 31"

Frontrise: 12"

Thigh: 12"

Knee: 9.5

Hem: < 9"

Inseam: 32"

Backrise: 15"

Again the PRESOAK measurements:

Waist: 32"

Frontrise: 12.5"

Thigh: 12"

Knee: 9.5"

Hem: 9"

Inseam: 34.5"

Backrise: 15"

I hope I can achieve a bit more shrinking in the thigh and the hem with another hot soak.

I have my suspicions. It looks like a jacket I used to own, but the zippers don't look like the ones that were on my jacket. Also, the tags that go with it don't look like the tags that would have come with this jacket.

I would stay away, but maybe someone knows better. It's perhaps a later, Euro-only version of the piece that I'm familiar with.

Is this jacket

http://cgi.ebay.de/Levis-vintage-LVC-1950s-LeatherJacket-Brando-aero-Levi-/260714764485?pt=Mode_nach_Jahrzehnten&hash=item3cb3cf98c5

legit? The seller says it runs like L (tagged M). I always thought these leather jackets are really undersized? Thanks in advance!

Is this jacket

http://cgi.ebay.de/Levis-vintage-LVC-1950s-LeatherJacket-Brando-aero-Levi-/260714764485?pt=Mode_nach_Jahrzehnten&hash=item3cb3cf98c5

legit? The seller says it runs like L (tagged M). I always thought these leather jackets are really undersized? Thanks in advance!

These are the 2006/7 editon IIRC, they run true to size but are short. Not sure where they were made.

The earlier 2003 edition (like Roy6's) are the ones which run smaller and they were made by Aeroleather of scotland.

I'm currently watching a size XL ('06), which after confirming the measurements with the seller - run true to size.

Hope this helps?

Is this jacket

I own this one and it is made by buffalohide, also it inot not made in UK.

Yes I own size s and it run like size M to me for this jacket.

just get one custom made by aeroleather; more buck for your bang

there are some aero made lvc's on ebay usa i believe for 600$; same model can be found on ebay germany for 195 euro but with damage to the liner

just get one custom made by aeroleather; more buck for your bang

there are some aero made lvc's on ebay usa i believe for 600$; same model can be found on ebay germany for 195 euro but with damage to the liner

Thanks, I know the jacket and I know the seller, unfortunately too small.

Hmmm. aero. This jacket would suit me nice, eh?

!B-BYz6g!mk~$(KGrHqJ,!iQEzNkuFd,5BM7cY92,FQ~~0_3.JPG

As to LVC/Aero jackets.... when Ken at Aero got the deal for those, he had some of the test jackets up for sale on his site...

I inquired about them and he said not to buy them as his regular Aero jackets were much better, and the hide was much better than what Levi used.

So I just went with the HIghwayman... Just a little back info about them when they were new.

^I've heard comments like that before from Aero. I wonder if at least a little isn't sour grapes, from the working relationship falling apart?

I've heard Aero fans make similar comments. I think there is a fundamental difference in the straight Aero vs. the LVC x Aero jackets- Aero makes very thick, heavy, vintage style jackets that require a lot of break in. LVC aims for true reproductions of old Levi's coats that look and feel like vintage, worn-in pieces right off the bat. The LVC x Aero stuff splits the difference, looking and feeling more like authentically used items than the straight Aero, but still with some of the stiffness and long break-in period of an Areo jacket.

They are both of very high quality and design standard, just different aesthetics.

^I've heard comments like that before from Aero. I wonder if at least a little isn't sour grapes, from the working relationship falling apart?

I've heard Aero fans make similar comments. I think there is a fundamental difference in the straight Aero vs. the LVC x Aero jackets- Aero makes very thick, heavy, vintage style jackets that require a lot of break in. LVC aims for true reproductions of old Levi's coats that look and feel like vintage, worn-in pieces right off the bat. The LVC x Aero stuff splits the difference, looking and feeling more like authentically used items than the straight Aero, but still with some of the stiffness and long break-in period of an Areo jacket.

They are both of very high quality and design standard, just different aesthetics.

I think that's all bang-on. I did hear Aero mentioning this to other purchasers - but they would, wouldn't they? A lot depends on the price at which you buy them, though. If I'd paid retail for my LVC blueblood I might be pissed at the worn-out lining. But the cut is still better than their Cossack. Not every vintage jacket was super-heavy.