Levi's Vintage Clothing

^^ nice teaser shot, GregoryH. how much wear on them? and i assume we can expect more pics? i've been wearing mine everyday since thanksgiving and it's now showing a glimmer of wear.

Sure it isn't the 50's jacket? Cool anyway, plz let me know, I'm thinking of the 50's jacket for myself. Measurements if you don't mind!

It' was labelled 1950's jacket, but unsure why as Levis said originally it was based on a 1930's jacket.

HH is right, looks like the Aero made edition judging by the leather and the hardware.

@silencejoe

Beautifull jacket, fit looks on point.

Gotta spread.

Thanks doc, let me know your suggestions about this one please (made in Portugal!):

http://cgi.ebay.de/Levis-vintage-LVC-1950s-LeatherJacket-Brando-aero-Levi-/260714764485?pt=Mode_nach_Jahrzehnten&hash=item3cb3cf98c5

Thanks in advance!

Hey Doc, exactly like the size XL I was watching last week (which would've fitted me btw - went for £240 in the end)

It depends how much of a purist you are (or a finickety old bastard like me:))

The portugal made jackets are 'ok', much in the same way as most other modern LVC non-denim items are ok.

But if you're looking for something to go with the roys, something quality, I would suggest holding back for a 2003 Aero made one, as they regularly come up on the bay in a size medium.

One came up in the UK two weeks ago - sold for £160 !! If you need more convincing, ask roy6.

I will endeavour to look out for one for you if this M is your size?

^Listen to DR_Heech, he's so right.

LVC went crazy around 2005/2006 and made a couple of poor quality copies of jackets they'd already produced. They made lousy copies of the Rough'N'Ready, Menlo, & Beat Brown jackets at least.

5332212885_0f02986161_o.jpg

The Aero version of the RnR is on the right, the later ersatz version on the left. The original is very heavy horsehide in a convincingly repaired wash. The copy is cheap looking cowhide with a bad mall-looking finish.

Wait for an Aero one, my 2 cents.

^nope, still have the Blueblood, Scorched Up, RnR, Bird of Prey, Beat Brown & Two Tone. I was just selling some duplicates in wrong sizes.

5332845084_45050f2e68_o.jpg

The Menlo, original on right, copy on left. Both goatskin, but the later model just looks weird to me, while the original is a thing of beauty.

It's actually kind of claustrophobic, not to be envied!

5332248061_854f6b88c9_o.jpg

And the Beat Brown, original on right, copy on left. Original is a very substantial cape sheep skin, the copy is much lighter, I'm not sure what the leather is, but I'm guessing goat or very thin cow. To me, the copies all just look flimsy, the cuts subtly wrong, and the finishes cheap. Not up to snuff.

I think there might have been a copy of the Scorched up jacket in black as well, but I haven't found any pics of it.

fake as fuck...
LA1 clothing?

@ Vinneus

Thanks a lot douchebag for much grievance. Guess what arrived today? A perfectly 100% legit LVC 1947. To be honest I did not expect a postwhore like you to utter such ignorance. I just hope that many small businesses don't fall victim to piece of shits like you.

As for LA1Clothing located in Camden, they're physically located in Camden(UK). Google streetview confirms this. IMO they have the lowest retail price on LVCs starts @125gbp. And they're legit folks.

Oh btw Vinny, thanks for the negative rep. I guess I owe you my finger:

1christ-middle-finger.jpg

I have no idea why Vinn would claim La1 to sell fakes but I just received my Red Wings from them; legit product and fast shipping. No problems here

^And they have Knappaves in lots of wearable sizes. Just don't follow their sizing advice.

I've been to La1 a few times over the years (go under the bridge, it's opposite the far end of the old market).

IIRC, it's the first place ever saw the 1966 re-issue, about 1996.

Thought I'd post some pix of these, 201xx from '97, before they get retired when/if I recieve my roys.

Bought 3 years ago off ebay in a one wash cond. (they were stored damp apparently, hence the ugly crease lines down the sideseams)

I have used them for work until recently, probably washed a dozen times (and hemmed by me mam). Size on patch 36/40, actual measured 34.5/32.

wearers001-1.jpg

wearers002-1.jpg

wearers004.jpg

wearers007.jpg