Levi's Vintage Clothing

5358700098_aa8cf6d125_b.jpg

LVC Japan chore coat. They made two '20s hickory stripe models, one a true cut, this one is slim fit & has a nice wash, laundered and faded looking but no "repairs". I'm kind of torn about the tailoring aspect of this and some of the recent LVC pieces- not authentic, but a lot more wearable.

^they're RRL Bowery boots. They were a kind of flat orangish-tan when I got them, but I went over them with a dark brown polish and they look a lot better now IMO.

yeah, the boots look real good. first thing i noticed in the photo. like the coat too btw. it looks fitted, but not too slim or fashiony.

erk, maybe you can sell those 55s with loomchatter for a premium in the supermarket.

ha! these babies aren't for sale.

now, about that blackbird sale. I have 2 gripes that come from looking at it.

1. I like that 50s pocket T-shirt, but I do not understand how they can expect someone to drop 66 bucks on a tshirt. much less the retail price of 95. they've gotta get the price down on those things. its just silly.

2. I'd be all over those chinos for $157 if they hadn't ruined them with the predistressed crap.

i had the white 40's lvc tee and forgive me i didn't see anything special about it----esp for the money. i was in it right; moneywise and sold it on ebay for a slight loss. i liked the vintage tag but not better than the money i got for it.

we have to draw the line somewhere, correct? i suppose a $80 tee may be a good place to do so. at that price i'm afraid i'd be overly concerned with making sure it didn't become warped or otherwise ill-fitting through use or laundering. i like clothing that i can beat to holy hell with no regard or concern whatsoever for what the process is doing to it. that's what's fun about a pair of jeans. plus, i'm flat broke at the moment, so over-priced tees aren't really in my budget.

we have to draw the line somewhere, correct? i suppose a $80 tee may be a good place to do so. at that price i'm afraid i'd be overly concerned with making sure it didn't become warped or otherwise ill-fitting through use or laundering. i like clothing that i can beat to holy hell with no regard or concern whatsoever for what the process is doing to it. that's what's fun about a pair of jeans. plus, i'm flat broke at the moment, so over-priced tees aren't really in my budget.

that's a good point Josh and ultimately why i sold the only one i had. jeans will last, i wear t-shirts out every couple of years. they get small holes that get bigger in the wash, neck starts to fray etc...ratty jeans are one thing but frayed and holey t-shirts make you look like a bum or johnny rotten.

Really not typical for Cone (and/ or LVC). But if you don't like to return 'em- live with it, I don't think it's that bad. Wabi sabi for the win.

true, not typical at all for cone stuff. the lvc stuff that has loom chatter is usually marked as defective and sent off to places to sell as such.

Guest redchris
5358700098_aa8cf6d125_b.jpg

LVC Japan chore coat. They made two '20s hickory stripe models, one a true cut, this one is slim fit & has a nice wash, laundered and faded looking but no "repairs". I'm kind of torn about the tailoring aspect of this and some of the recent LVC pieces- not authentic, but a lot more wearable.

Great look and fit mate.

LVC tees were the 1st pieces to be outsourced. They have always been overpriced as hell, going back to the early days. Collectable though, I remember selling an MC5 one for nearly £100 on eeeebs

I really enjoyed the LVC t's back in the day as I felt their cut and construction was different than anything else on the market. This was 6-7 years ago, and back then it was hard for me to justify the $50+ price I was paying.

These days, I prefer the Velva-Sheen t's over the LVC due to the major price difference...$70 for a pair (Velva-Sheen) compared to $80+ for LVC.

Trying them on is ideal, but not really practical if you don't live anywhere near a shop that carries them. I bought two pairs of 2010 47s last year. The one sitting on my shelf is a tagged 34 and measures TTS. I'm generally a 33.5 based on where I like to wear them (lower on the hips). I got a steal (severely on markdown) on another pair tagged 32. I didn't get to measure them, but needless to say, they were next to impossible to button up all the way. I cold soaked them and physically wore them shrink to fit.

Basically, the "experiment" resulted in a fit that was more snug than I'm used to (f*cking nut-huggers), but nevertheless, I'll keep working them to death once the weather warms. Don't usually wear a shirt tucked in while wearing these, but in the interest of those curious about sizing, decided to man up and post some pics. Hence the sloppy "tuck" job.

So, it's possible to size down, but at your own peril. The paperwork suggests sizing up 2, but this seems generous. The safe bet (with the 2010 at least) seems to be to stay TTS for slim fit, or up one for classic fit.

Here are fit pics of the tagged 32s, worn shrink to fit post-cold soak, after a few months of wear:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

My advice is to never buy LVC unless you can get actual measurements or try them on. Otherwise your jeans are likely to be headed to the supermarket.

Yes. Of course if you can find production year, you can work out sizes. IN the main, all recent produciton for 1947 (2009 on) is TTS; all earlier production is one inch undersize.

Earlier 55 up to 2009 were all made TTS; the first Caitech pairs were severely oversize - I think recent ones are around an inch oversize.

Yes. Of course if you can find production year, you can work out sizes. IN the main, all recent produciton for 1947 (2009 on) is TTS; all earlier production is one inch undersize.

Earlier 55 up to 2009 were all made TTS; the first Caitech pairs were severely oversize - I think recent ones are around an inch oversize.

my 55s were just under 2 inches oversized. tag 33 measured just under 35. they seem to be the newest pairs. they have steel backed rivets, which I dont know is authentic or not. they also have that stupid LVC silk screen on the pocket bag, visible when the jean is inside out.

my brothers 44s were 1 inch oversize.

My early 2007 '55s were oversized, as are my late 2009 ones. I didn't check the 2007s, but the 2009s were about 2 to 2 1/2" bigger than tagged.

I've got a pair of 37s, 44s, 55s, and 66s, all the same tagged waist size. They all started at different actual waist sizes, but fit fine after shrinking and give the proper look for the era they're copying. People complain about LVC sizing, but I'm beginning to think the '47s are the only ones that really cause an issue.

Wore the 37's around the house yesterday, forgot just how much lighter/thinner the cotton used in them is. Almost light enough to be a "summer only" jean.

I really enjoyed the LVC t's back in the day as I felt their cut and construction was different than anything else on the market. This was 6-7 years ago, and back then it was hard for me to justify the $50+ price I was paying.

These days, I prefer the Velva-Sheen t's over the LVC due to the major price difference...$70 for a pair (Velva-Sheen) compared to $80+ for LVC.

If i'm not mistaken LVC tees are now made by the same parent company that produces Velva-Sheen.

It's a Japanese owned company but based in SoCal.

Thanks for the info...which makes it even more ridiculous to pay the extra $$$ for the LVC. I did notice that some of the garment-dyed t's for the S/S '11 LVC collection are still made in Portugal.

If i'm not mistaken LVC tees are now made by the same parent company that produces Velva-Sheen.

It's a Japanese owned company but based in SoCal.

by dated, all i mean is a tighter, even tapered slim cut. that was big in the mid/end of the last decade.

"They're called skinny jeans, they're kinda in right now"

"They're kinda not"

Reminded me of Superdenim as soon as I saw this commercial while watching football over the weekend. Don't get the skinny, low look, even if it's "in". It's not the least bit flattering, or manly.

my 55s were just under 2 inches oversized. tag 33 measured just under 35. they seem to be the newest pairs. they have steel backed rivets, which I dont know is authentic or not. they also have that stupid LVC silk screen on the pocket bag, visible when the jean is inside out.

my brothers 44s were 1 inch oversize.

Those steel backed rivets are authentic, (that silk gimmick is not) please rep Dr.Heech for this information :-)