Levi's Vintage Clothing

Thanks! My duck jacket is from LVC Japan, another thing that I miss. They had their own slant on things and weren't afraid to take some chances, doing crazy washes and '60s '70s pieces, which I know not everybody is a fan of, but still. LVC Europe is so into the '40s, and occasionally turn of the last century, I'd love to see more '20s, '50s & '60s stuff, for instance.

Who knows how many LVC jeans releases there were with natural indigo? I seem to recall the 1880s model, but was there another? Maybe the Spring Bottoms or a 201?

I only know of the 1873 '1st blue jean' which came out in 1999 (now sold to a fellow forum member)

like this -

009-3.jpg

pocket bag

010-3.jpg

and an expensive second version in 2006..ish.

Guest redchris
I only know of the 1873 '1st blue jean' which came out in 1999 (now sold to a fellow forum member)

like this -

009-3.jpg

pocket bag

010-3.jpg

and an expensive second version in 2006..ish.

I have a pair of these for sale if anyone interested. Same size as those pictured. Soaked once, now have a 35 w. 34L.

maybe this means theres hope for a real LVC website in the future...

i wouldn't hold my breath. there used to be a LVC site approx 2000-2005, but levis seems to have mostly given up on the brand giving it backburner status. i'm also not too enamored with the "made&crafted" line. i want actual historic repros made in the U.S. not "inspired by" or "in the spirit of" imaginary pieces made in the third-world. lots of people are doing that already some better and most more competitively priced.

it is a shame. there seems to be a hardcore following though i don't know how big. i wish they would focus on historic classics in NOS condition (no phony weathering, repairs etc..) jeans, jackets, shirts etc. and try to hold prices to a reasonable level. i think if they did that and actually marketed the product they would find a larger audience.

roger that. i hate having to buy made in u.s.a. 501's from europe. i'll bet if the original wearers of these vintage 501's saw the multi-tiered 501 lines with domestic u.s. supplies being foreign made junk and the quality u.s. made selvage ones shipped overseas and selling at these prices they'd be scratching their heads or worse. it's shameful.