Levi's Vintage Clothing

The Roys are drying out after a very snowy walk with the pups! So I thought I'd show you the corduroy LVC pants my sis got me for Christmas. Very thick, soft, all cotton material. Runs TTS. I'll take some detail shots later...

ad56daa7.jpg

Can't believe you haven't received the RxC yet Paul. :(

i think it dates to about 75-85. vintagemotorcyclejackets.com has a wrangler section. while this jacket isn't featured, you can see wrangler was a long time abondoning their tried and true patterns even as the details evolved. this looks too "modern" for the late 60's to me. you can compare details and narrow it down.

maybe a fit pic for better judging?

Yep, need too see it worn first. Post some pix of your 506, but I'm guessing that unless it totally fits like a sack, it should be okay after a hot soak.

Pretty sure those jackets are meant to shrink to tagged size. I have an XL 506. It fit pretty good raw (I'm an XL or XXL depending on how things are cut/tagged). I wanted minimal shrinkage, so I gave it a ten minute cold soak, and don't plan on it going in the tub again until it's absolutely disgusting. The weave is still pretty loose, and comparing the 506 to my '37 501s (same denim), which have been through the wash, I think the 506 still has a lot of shrink still left in it.

Out of interest: Buying 47's in my exact waist size, how painful would that be?

Thank you.

I don't know if this applies to you, but I just want to interject with something I never mentioned here before. The larger blocks seem to lose the typical sizing. I'm a big lunk and I bought a 40, expecting a 39 presoak. It was a 41. I have two pairs from different seasons and this is true of both.

Very disappointing because I'm trim enough to do the slimmer fit.

Only the raw jeans are made in the US, except for the 505, as mentioned, which is made in Turkey. Jackets are at present made in TUrkey, altho bit by bit they're trying to move more production to the US.

I believe one problem in doing so is that they have more control in Turkey - I think it's a full-on Levi's-owned factory, whereas in the US it's contractos, maybe Caitech. Only (some) washed products use denim other than Cone, Kaihara, or Kurabo.

Jackets are at present made in TUrkey, altho bit by bit they're trying to move more production to the US.

I saw a Type I jacket at the NYC store in the Meatpacking District. It was made in the USA and I was told it was new production, so the shift is already happening. The weird thing is that the 505 jeans were made in the USA until quite recently. Strange that they would shift production to Turkey just as they move other production back to the USA.