Levi's Vintage Clothing

Heads up for anyone in Flanders/south Holland: limited number of Season '07 '47's, '55's, Lot66 all raw and '27's finished -30% off @Levi's Store, Kammenstraat Antwerp.

Also some "broken down" '47's @The Klinik, 90 €, now there's a bargain!!!

Heads up for anyone in Flanders/south Holland: limited number of Season '07 '47's, '55's, Lot66 all raw and '27's finished -30% off @Levi's Store, Kammenstraat Antwerp.

Also some "broken down" '47's @The Klinik, 90 €, now there's a bargain!!!

haha, saw those yesterday, guess it finally paid off to keep asking. My size was already gone though so no luck for me

LVC were kind enough to eventually send me some spare rivets for my 1915s, as the pair I received from threebyone.com had a rivet missing on the cinch.

My question is, how do I attach these things securely - just by bashing the washer onto the rivet post until it feels secure?

The new rivet post seems much longer than the existing posts that are already on the jeans. Do I have to cut this down or hammer it down too?

I'm a little confused here and any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to New Zealand for 5 months next Monday and want these to be my main jeans out there so I need to sort it out quickly.

rnrswitch - still haven't received your rivets yet. You really did use the snail mail!!!

Dr.Heech can help I'm sure and sorry, I don't know. But I'm sure you'll need a hammer...

Can you pm me the contact to LVC?

Dr House,

Contact details can be found here under General Enquiries:

http://www.levisxx.com/

It may take a week or 2, but chase them a couple of times if necessary and they'll eventually respond.

If that fails, send me a PM.

LVC were kind enough to eventually send me some spare rivets for my 1915s, as the pair I received from threebyone.com had a rivet missing on the cinch.

My question is, how do I attach these things securely - just by bashing the washer onto the rivet post until it feels secure?

The new rivet post seems much longer than the existing posts that are already on the jeans. Do I have to cut this down or hammer it down too?

I'm a little confused here and any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to New Zealand for 5 months next Monday and want these to be my main jeans out there so I need to sort it out quickly.

rnrswitch - still haven't received your rivets yet. You really did use the snail mail!!!

Push the washer on the rivet as far as you can, then put the jeans on a hard surface and use a big hammer, takes just a hit or two, mind your fingers

Still haven't gotten them!!! What the hell?

Post some pics of the rivets. Sometimes you need to trim the rivet a bit depending on how much fabric you will be going through. I typically work a hole into the denim with something pointy and sharp where the rivet will go. I then put the rivet through it and then put the burr over it. Then slam the hammer on top of it.

What is it with the British postal service? When I ship to or get stuff from the UK it always seems to take in excess of three weeks.

The British postal service (I use the term loosely) unfortunately, is as reliable as any other in this country - take the airports or refuse collection for example (dont let the pics of piles of rubbish on the streets shake your confidence on this).

I ordered a Lightning magazine from Japan 3 weeks ago, sent by EMS apparently. Still haven't got it.

[edit] and we still have half day closing on a wednesday at some shops where I live.

55 's are dry! better pics tonight...

eijpj5.jpg

33yhu2r.jpg

these may be the stiffest jeans ive ever experienced, and ive owned them all! work will not be easy today....

2qnyyr9.jpg

lets see if i can make it all year!

33x34 pre: post:

waist 34.5 32.5

Thigh 13.2 12.5

Inseam 33.5 31

Rise: High and perfect!

*Soak: Hot! 90 min total, bioling water added every 30min.

erk -- your '55s have the silk screened pocket bags? is this a permanent feature of all LVC denim? i hope not. my '54s have it and i'm bothered by it.

vin -- erk is right, the fit is perfect. mine fit similarly, it just took a little time to get used to them from mid-thigh down.

Nice 55 Vin, I'm now into day 2 of my new 44's. I am really on an LVC/Cone trip right now and loving the details on these. Things like the laurel wreath top button, herringbone twill pocket bags and the painted on arcuate.

Some one earlier asked about the sizing on them, the 34x34's were actually 36x35.5 and I soaked them in hot water for about 40 mins and they came out 34.5x32 ish. Probably a little more shrink left yet I'm guessing.

The fit is bang on what I wanted as I'm also on a WW2 era kinda of jag as far as wardrobe goes.