Levi's Vintage Clothing

Some one earlier asked about the sizing on them, the 34x34's were actually 36x35.5 and I soaked them in hot water for about 40 mins and they came out 34.5x32 ish. Probably a little more shrink left yet I'm guessing.

The fit is bang on what I wanted as I'm also on a WW2 era kinda of jag as far as wardrobe goes.

That measurement is usual info - but do say what season (there will be comething like 0709 on the tag, meaning July 09) then others can extrapolate.

My Fall 2009 44 were 34 tag, measured 35.

It's the simplicity and the authentic, classical style that gives that cool LVC fit.

I like that with most LVC cuts its possible to achieve an authentic fit, provided that's what you're after. I want the option of buying jeans that fit like whatever cut they are meant to reproduce (and yeah, we all know that the attention to detail displayed by the folks at LVC has in the past been justifiably questioned.) Too often the Japanese companies that are into producing 'repro' styles make it difficult to get that authentic fit by providing their own interpretations of classic styles, rather than honest repros. Which, don't get me wrong, is cool and preferred by many. I've noticed that I personally gravitate more to Warehouse and Ooe than the other Japanese brands. It isn't a surprise, given that these two seem more concerned than others with producing close approximations of whatever classic cuts they are after.

^agree totally with you, and don't forget Sugar Canes (47's, 55's and 66 repros which are also real close to the originals. Yeah, I'm a big friend of LVC, but the Canes 47's are much closer to the originals imo).

One problem for me are arcs and tabs, I love them, at least for my aesthetic sense and I really miss 'em on most japanese repros. I'm glad I've found my 66 Canes with arcs :-)

That measurement is usual info - but do say what season (there will be comething like 0709 on the tag, meaning July 09) then others can extrapolate.

My Fall 2009 44 were 34 tag, measured 35.

Ok, just went and looked and they are 2010 production.

Oh and Dr. I totally agree. I like Sugar Canes a lot too but I really like a red tab and some arcuate. In fact I stitched on a small red leather tab to my SC 66's because I missed it so much. I am on the hunt for a pair their 47's with the tab/arcs on.

Pavlov i think the 55's will be closest. but they will still be trimmer and more "fitted" in a good way. biggest thing to look out for is the waist size. modern pre-washed 501's run bigger than tagged size. warning: once you get some LVC you won't want to wear standard 501's anymore. at least that's what happened to me.

I'm trying to find out a little more about the origins/history of the Type 1 (1936) jacket for a project. My supersearch and Google work have turned up very little beyond the LVC product copy that's been repurposed by a few online retailers.

Does anyone have any good sites/threads/blogs they might point me to?

Thanks very much in advance.

Thanx all for the kind words! i relly do love this fit, and feel like i can give them the wear they desrve. super siked to have a new pair for this new year!

I am really on an LVC/Cone trip right now and loving the details on these.

Me too budy! meeee tooooo! i dont think ill ever wear any other denim, just wish more companies were using unsanforized Cone with a more relevant fit.

Hey Vinn.. How does the denim on your 55's compare with the cone denim Roy uses for his standard jeans? There has been much talk about how marvelous the denim is on the contest jeans, but I am curious where Roy's usual denim falls in comparison to other cone denim as used in LVC stuff. thanks!.. and totally perfect fit by the way! It must feel good to put on a jean that is just right!

Thanks Paul & Dr Heech. I have some jp 47's that I wear at work also.Pics when they are dry from their latest wash.

Got quite a few things to post as my account got deleted by accident when I changed my email,

lost 3& a half years of posts ,messages & rep ,boo hoo...

Thanks Paul & Dr Heech. I have some jp 47's that I wear at work also.Pics when they are dry from their latest wash.

Got quite a few things to post as my account got deleted by accident when I changed my email,

lost 3& a half years of posts ,messages & rep ,boo hoo...

Sh*t friend, will pass you some rep when I can.

Looking forward to more pix/posts.

lovely '47s patch. My way around kneepads has been to cut the straps and keep them in an empty tool pocket. If they're deep enough you can still scuttle around just fine in them. idk if that would work for roofing guys though.

Any ideas on the sizing of current 44s in the prewashed states? Are they true to size with no more significant shrinkage? Caliroots has some on sale (also, do they deduct VAT?).

I have 2008s that were 3" over tagged size. I tried some 2009s that I returned because of length issues. Same thing.