iloveredstripe

Ande Whall Denim

Question, I noticed that whenever I see fit pics of Ande's jeans there's usually that weird looking 'ass dimple.' Is it the arc stitching that causes this effect, or am I imagining this?

Ande tends to use rather crisp, stiff denims and puts a bit of a fuller seat on his jeans than most. I think that combo makes a new pair of Ande Whalls buckle a bit under the cheeks until they settle and conform after some wear.

Got mine the other day and the thigh measures 11.5" when the size chart said 12", was worried about something like this as I opted for the hand felled inseam. Other leg measurements match the chart though. Not too big of a deal they still fit and I was going for a slimmer fit with this pair anyway.

SR10 Buffalo, bought in 2014, had about 6 months solid wear I think and 3 washes.

IMG_3273.JPG

IMG_3274.JPG

IMG_3275.JPG

IMG_3272.JPG

Thanks T, I don't like (or use) photo hosting sites, it's so much easier on Sufu now, with direct uploads from a phone.

No, they're 14.25oz, natural indigo, left hand twill, the same as the SR11.

So we can post pics straight to fufu now? Hallelujah!
Thought some of you might like to see my old AW Cougars from back in '09. These are Cone Mills shrink to fit denim and have a few details that Ande dropped after the earthquake.
I can honestly say they have been one of my favourite ever pairs of jeans.

DSCF3630.JPG

Solid black Buffalos. I've had them for about a year and a half but they've only been worn for around a month as I keep them for smarter wear and I think they fade fast.

IMG_3363.JPG

IMG_3364.JPG

IMG_3365.JPG

I'm still mad at myself that I wasn't able to buy a black pair from Ande. I need a pair of black denim and these are probably my favorite, but I didn't have cash ready when I was still able to buy them.

I was one of the lucky ones who grabbed a black pair. Consequently, it was only after wearing them a bit that I realized the buffalo is my favorite fit out of any brand I own, and I wasn't able to nab an indigo pair when he closed up shop. 

Guess I gotta keep these alive if I can't replace them 

IMG_3493.JPG

IMG_3494.JPG

IMG_3495.JPG

IMG_3496.JPG

Anyone know of someone looking to sell Cougars in 32? I'm crushed I missed out - I've been distracted from the denim world for the last year (new baby, phd, general madness). I come back and Ande's done :(

I love my SR7 cougars...haven't worn them in a while and rekindled the flame this week. 

There seem to be no Whalls for sale anywhere. 

Edited by tion4->

^^ Do you mean SR7 Cobras or Caribou? The Cougar were an old pre-earthquake model that were dropped once Ande relaunched, perhaps even before that.

Whilst my SR7s are starting to disintegrate in more places, my grey SR10 are getting a fair bit of wear over the summer and my solid blacks are being worn sparingly. I still have my SR11 and SR14 raw and raring to go!

11 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

^^ Do you mean SR7 Cobras or Caribou? The Cougar were an old pre-earthquake model that were dropped once Ande relaunched, perhaps even before that.

Whilst my SR7s are starting to disintegrate in more places, my grey SR10 are getting a fair bit of wear over the summer and my solid blacks are being worn sparingly. I still have my SR11 and SR14 raw and raring to go!

Yeah, my mistake, I mean Caribou. 

23 hours ago, okisan said:

That ship done sailed.

So it seems - ugh 

Did anyone on here buy any of Ande's last pairs before he closed down? I'd be interested to see some custom details or that lightweight denim (10oz?) that was never on general sale.

I have a pair that I am finally going to get to wearing now that the ooe contest is done. I got the fly rivet, felled inseams and shovel head pockets on my pair in the 13oz indigo. 

couple pics of the custom deets

IMG_20171003_204808.jpg

IMG_20171003_204841.jpg

IMG_20171003_205006.jpg

Thanks pudas, that's ticked both boxes, the shovelhead pockets in particular are so good... 

I'll look forward to see that denim worn in a bit, which I know you're more than capable of!

Waiting patiently in the queue, SR11 and SR13.

IMG_4552.JPG

I really should've bought a pair of black jeans from Ande before he shut things down. Looked all over and I can't seem to find the right pair of me.