After our lockdown we figured it was only a matter of time that we would get fresh cases and need masks. Being mindful of single use Waste and also living and working with a lot of people that live in poverty I mobilised my student workers and we made about 800 masks to distribute across the school and community. I also made some others cause if I’m going to make something and wear it, it should be good quality and go with my clothes... here’s some of them. Adapted the free Burda pattern. Most of them haven’t been used, but we are prepared, like all them trolls that carry condoms just in case someday, somewhere...
stacks of half made student ones, mostly cut from random fabrics that were donated
stack of student made ones I finished off and tidied up, some made from some vintage Japanese cotton, with ties cause I hate the ear things, spacies for my nephew
custom one for the finance officer at work
one by my student teacher (its dr Ashley Bloomfield that lead NZ through our response, alongside JA)
Cause someone said
made a matchy matchy scrunchy for a friend