Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

In case you wondered which mill produces the denim for Sugarcane (at least their 47 denim and the new 43 and 46 denim).

It's Nihon Menpu

https://youtu.be/unmyU-TSo2U?feature=shared

I think they produce all of Sugar Cane’s denim. Paul T wrote about this in his Loomstate blog years ago.

A pair of these might qualify for an exception ;D

So calender is marked. Or are there any pre-order options already?
I've seen some listings for the jackets and the 1943, but not yet for the 1946 (only on the SC site).

This latest Clutchman video is also interesting. In it, the owner of the original jeans and jackets, vintage denim collector Mr Wakiya, is appearing.
If I understood it correctly, he can't wear his vintage items due to their rare nature and of course high price and thus wanted Sugarcane to make replicas, so that he could wear them.
He had worn or seen (not sure) the S1946 Made in USA model by SC and really liked it, so that he wanted SC to make replica of his dead stock models.

Looks like on the SC product pages they have both one wash and non wash up for preorder. 

https://store.toyo-enterprise.co.jp/smartphone/list.html?category_code=sugarcane

@MJF9 Nicely done, of the 2 I’d have gone for the 43s as that deep blue looks lovely. 

@beautiful_FrEaK Thanks for posting that Clutchman video. Great to see inside the factory. This whole time they’ve been referencing the delays - I thought it was just sales talk to hype up a bit of demand, but looking at the way the SC president (sorry, his name escapes me) starts laughing toward the end suggests the delays are very real (and probably expensive!). 

I understood they had been aiming for a December release.  However, Bears would only say they'll know the delivery date when they arrive :).  Also they couldn't give sizing hence I asked somewhere (small questions or here most probably) a while ago about how SC generally sized up... so this may or may not work out!!  Agreeing @unders the '43 blue looks very nice... fingers crossed

Are the 1966s made with 100% cotton stitching or is it a poly thread? Can't seem to find that info anywhere. 

15 hours ago, rbeck said:

Are the 1966s made with 100% cotton stitching or is it a poly thread? Can't seem to find that info anywhere. 

We have the info on every product page for every Sugar Cane jean:

https://www.selfedge.com/jeans?sort=p.date_added&order=DESC&manufacturer_id=25

Interestingly... SC are not making the '43 or '46 jacket in size 44.  They're doing size 42 or 46 with the latter being T-back and also a size 48 and 50.  I wonder what the rationale is?  Any historical reference here or just a quirk of this run?  I'll consult the book.