Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

I'm very tempted by both the 43 and 46 jeans, wish they had tabs but seems those are long gone when it comes to SC.
Based on the fit descriptions seems like the 46 will be quite close to the 47, which I do not own. And the 43 will be a bit wider which is nice.
Guess we'll see what happens once they're available! Do I need them? Absolutely not, but do I want them? That's an entirely different question.

Personally have very little interest in the jackets, I have my FW S506XX and that scratches the itch for me.

Each to their own and all that but looking at these fit pics

fullsizeoutput_3c63.thumb.jpeg.090b9e7eaf72cb0c585bf4d0cf12fc6a.jpeg

.. to my eyes.. the slimmer these fits go the less flattering they become, especially around the crotch.

That slim fit typ3 looks horrendous in both crotch and ass.. slimming down repros  just doesn't work.

Edited by Double 0 Soul

I quite like the look of the '43 jeans... interested to see the size charts 

The prices are steep - I suppose they will say this reflects the effort they put into getting the details bang-on

Looks like they've included tax though?

Does the '43 jacket look too perfectly imperfect to you?  Like they planned the wonky box stitches just too well

image.png.bc29089edb85016c32a1cd9e18b07d20.png

Edited by MJF9

4 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

Do we know who's going to be stocking the 43s / 46s?  Those who do friends shipping to the UK are of interest 

I think the usual suspects will be stocking heavily, but I admittedly don't have as many SC connections as some other brands.
I might try to buy from PSA or Hinoya, or whoever offers the raw versions. Not sure if they do any modifications to the documents or not.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, MJF9 said:

Any news mate?

I asked b_F for some help since he has ordered from BEARS in the past, I never got a response but seems like they will only be offering OW as he mentioned above.
Guess it really doesn't make too much of a difference in the grand scheme of things, and it's nice that they do offer free shipping.
Raw vs OW really isn't usually a big deal for me, but for whatever reason I wanted these raw. 🤷‍♂️
I believe these should be available next month.

4 minutes ago, Dr_Heech said:

¥42,000 which includes tax and free shipping but only in one wash, if l've understood correctly?

Not b_F but that's correct! ¥42,000 is the tax excluded price for us abroad.
BEARS offers free shipping internationally over ¥15,000.

These jeans are taking much longer to produce than they thought it would, so release has been pushed by to being a SS24 product. We'll start getting them end of December and in January (same for Japanese stores..).

1 hour ago, obama said:

Late to the game but why is this 43 pair so much more expensive than standard sc?  Anything special with it?

SC is (seemingly) putting a lot more time and development into the materials and research behind these.
Goal is making them as close to identical as possible to the vintage pairs they're based on.
Check the catalog, they have some comparison photos there: https://bookshelf.wisebook4.jp/html/toyoenterprise/51863/
This article also has comparison photos between the repros and originals: https://dig-it.media/clutch/article/799433/

23 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

No release dates but they will carry the OW version.

Bears marks down if you ask them to.

Thanks bF - good to hear.  What's the best way to get a response from Bears?  IG or email?

Edited by MJF9