SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

hey mods, i know i'm going to get a lot of flak for suggesting this, but what about removing the rep system? really not much use of the rep, and it seems to be more abused and negative, than it is progressive. if you remove, the rep system, the only way the bullies floating around on this thread can have their say is through the threads themselves instead of hidden comments where they're not subjected to criticism. I think this would help the community move forward in a more mature fashion, much like the head-fi community.

don't expect anyone to listen to me, just putting it out there.

I totally agree with you, saintkeat, I can't see the point either. I saw a newbie being neg repped for no good reason at all in the LVC topic yesterday. It is nice to get appreciation, but that could just as well be posted in the topic itself or why not send a personal mail. Way I see it, now the rep system is just being abused by frustrated cowards.

Edit: could just keep the pos rep option open to all users and limit the neg rep option to admins/mods as a means of warning/banning for bad behaviour.

I totally agree with you, saintkeat, I can't see the point either. I saw a newbie being neg repped for no good reason at all in the LVC topic yesterday. It is nice to get appreciation, but that could just as well be posted in the topic itself or why not send a personal mail. Way I see it, now the rep system is just being abused by frustrated cowards.

Edit: could just keep the pos rep option open to all users and limit the neg rep option to admins/mods as a means of warning/banning for bad behaviour.

But didn't the newbie get pos-repped by loads of people straight after?

A lot of rep is simple reacharound and doesn't mean much, but personally I value the system, because it allows me to send a quick note to people who've made a real effort with their posts.

It hurts when you get neg rep, but it can be good to know where you're going wrong.

Paul you should really hear some of the people's experiences on why they've been negatively repped. there was a guy who got negative repped for being fat? come on!

i think stratos is right that we should allow positive repping but leave the negative rep to the moderators. it'll be just like facebook with the like button. negative rep helps no one, and very few negative reppers actually have constructive criticism. quite a number of the members here are below 20 i bet. you're not actually hoping for an ounce of maturity from them are you?

How much more shrinkage could I get out of a pair of 19oz Samurais that have been one washed by BIG? I need to get another 1.5" - 2" off the waist, is it possible?

They were tagged 40" and one washed down to 38", I think that getting them down to a 36 (or near) would be asking a lot, but I'm trying to convince myself.

I was just thinking of ordering that last pair of 710BK's from BIG for the contest second pair is all, the 710's that I have are a 38" and I really like them oversized, but this might be pushing it.

I was going to order them today, but I cant find anywhere that has them in my size, either 710's or S5000BK. Any suggestions?

The closest I can find is the 38" 710's on BIG.

Paul you should really hear some of the people's experiences on why they've been negatively repped. there was a guy who got negative repped for being fat? come on!

i think stratos is right that we should allow positive repping but leave the negative rep to the moderators. it'll be just like facebook with the like button. negative rep helps no one, and very few negative reppers actually have constructive criticism. quite a number of the members here are below 20 i bet. you're not actually hoping for an ounce of maturity from them are you?

i agree with this, when i was brand new and fresh-

i got neg-repped for being canadian or because i made suggestions on someones fit pics.

neg-rep is bullshit.

Honestly guys, just dont let the whole neg rep thing bother you. The rep system is just a side issue to the actual discussions, information and fun that can be gained from using Supertalk anyway, if you get hung up on rep (positive or negative) you'll miss out on the greater experience.

Honestly guys, just dont let the whole neg rep thing bother you. The rep system is just a side issue....

truer words have not been spoken.

The most knowledgeable contributor on SuperFuture is undoubtedly ringring, who I assume works in the industry, and drops the most incredible pearls of wisom, which reaches across industrial and social history.

He has a 'score' of 500 or so.

Rep is an enjoyable distraction for some - if it is a method of bullying, just bear in mind it will have no longterm effect. In life, we'll always find random people don't like us, that's how it is, as long as it's not the majority it's not worth worrying about!

truer words have not been spoken.

The most knowledgeable contributor on SuperFuture is undoubtedly ringring, who I assume works in the industry, and drops the most incredible pearls of wisom, which reaches across industrial and social history.

He has a 'score' of 500 or so.

Rep is an enjoyable distraction for some - if it is a method of bullying, just bear in mind it will have no longterm effect. In life, we'll always find random people don't like us, that's how it is, as long as it's not the majority it's not worth worrying about!

I would say Sansome1877 is the greatest contributor.

Makes Lynn Downey look like a sufu newbie!

Feel free to pos rep me anytime.. :D

[edit] ...oh, you already have

im pretty embarrassed to ask this, but for the life of me i can't remember how to do it. here goes:

how does one check their own rep? like where you can see the comments and such.

stop laughing and help, thanks.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic