SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

in the market for some new jeans. what im looking for is something with a slim straight-ish cut with some taper, a mid-rise (nothing too low), also i dont want a skinny thigh. i like heavy denim, but not over 21 oz. probably no Iron Hearts because i just cant get down with the back pocket stitching. so far, my options i've thought of are the Samurai 710 or the Dry Bones SFxSF jean. any other jean models you guys think i should be considering? THANKS

DHC, If you can live with a lighter weight of denim, LVC '67 505's just about fit your requirements perfectly :P

Thanks for the recommendation. When I am in the market for lighter weight denim, i will definitely consider this. I have a pair of '47 501's but after 4 years of regular washing, they have become slimmer than i would like.

Pocket stitching comes off pretty easily. Shouldn't let that hold you back, since IH make really nice heavyweight denim.

that's a good point. i liked their back pocket stitching before the levi lawsuit, but its kinda too zig-zaggy for my liking now. but like you said, it can be removed easily, so i'll try to ignore that detail. i know the denim is great because my buddy has a 21oz. pair, i'll look into some cuts to see if i find one that fits what im lookin for.

I realize this is the denim forum but...

I have to wear corporate/business casual to work (slacks and a button down, no denim). I would like an outfit that would allow me to wear my Redwing boots in black cherry pictured here:

V4br3.jpg

The colors of pants I currently have to work with are tan/khaki, charcoal grey, lighter grey with pinstripes, navy, black, and black with white pinstripes. I can't find a combination with these that doesn't look awkward.

Shirts I have a very wide range... Too many to list.

Can sufu help me find a color combination that wouldn't look awkward so I can wear my boots during the work week?

hey everyone,

i have a pair of APC PS that i wore for about a year and a bit... i've washed them twice so far but have never soaked them

i lost weight (probably about 2 inches off waist) and the denim became too loose to wear with a nice fit.. how much would a hot soak shrink the denim? how long should i soak them for (the longer i soak, the more shrink?)

thanks!

Cold water will still shrink them, you can either soak them in hot water the hottest you can get from the tap for an hour or two or give them a hot wash to shrink them down. But they're probably not Gunna shrink down that much.

How do you guys protect your leather patches through a hot soak/wash?

Is Obenauf's LP enough? Say one application before being soaked and one after the leather dries...?

I heard someone in another thread mention dripping candle wax on it to essentially waterproof the patch, then scraping it off after the soak. I'm worried this will discolor my patch.

Thoughts? I don't want a shrinked or wrecked patch.

What are the advantages of getting denim chain stitched vs. just having it regularly hemmed?

It looks like the original! Also you're more likely to get roping. It is possible to use a conventional lockstitch and get some roping if you know what youre' doing and pull the hem in the correct way, but generally they come out looking completely different.

Roping:

dsc00689k.jpg

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic