SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

truer words have not been spoken.

The most knowledgeable contributor on SuperFuture is undoubtedly ringring, who I assume works in the industry, and drops the most incredible pearls of wisom, which reaches across industrial and social history.

He has a 'score' of 500 or so.

Rep is an enjoyable distraction for some - if it is a method of bullying, just bear in mind it will have no longterm effect. In life, we'll always find random people don't like us, that's how it is, as long as it's not the majority it's not worth worrying about!

I think more Rep is generally given for picture posts than words. The coolest, most knowledgeable folk on here don't tend to post pictures. ;)

If it's real latex, do not wet, it 'll just make it stick harder. Let it harden out completely (put it on a radiator or so...) and the just peel off gently. It'll leave some residue, but that'll wear off. You could try sticking a piece of high tack tape like Schotch on top of the latex, rub it tight with a pencil, and then remove, the tape should lift the latex right off.

I think more Rep is generally given for picture posts than words. The coolest, most knowledgeable folk on here don't tend to post pictures. ;)

either ways, does more hurt to leave neg rep in the system rather than removing it. i don't see one single positive thing about leaving neg rep in the system. if you think leaving a good learning feedback is important, then i think replying the person in the thread or dropping him a pm would be good enough ways of telling someone, neg rep is entirely unnecessary.

Bit of a dumb question but where do you guys keep your cell phone? I used to keep it in my other back pocket but I don't really like the fade that the cell phone gives.

And also while I'm at it, is there any trick to hide a fade? A way to reduce the contrast?

dsc04638w.jpg

Long time lurker.

I have several questions relating to my denim that I hope can be answered.

I apologize for the cell phone pictures.

1. While cleaning some glassware, some iso alcohol managed to spill onto my thigh, this resulted in a noticeable mark, which i am not fond of. It is also only a few weeks after my first wash so Im hesitant to try a soak approach. Will these marks just disappear over time with wear or is it something i should be concerned about and address immediately?

2ekkvaw.jpg

2. Is there any particular reason for this drastic wear in the crotch as well as are there any particular ways to avoid or prevent it with future jeans? The only reasoning I could find might be related to my playing of drums quite regularly and aggressively.

j6j1w4.jpg

3. Would it be possible for a tailor to hem these around 1.5-2 inches, even with the large holes? If so would it require anything that would make the price not worth the work?

hrx4zq.jpg

Thank you all again and I look forward to any and all replies.

Long time lurker.

I have several questions relating to my denim that I hope can be answered.

I apologize for the cell phone pictures.

1. While cleaning some glassware, some iso alcohol managed to spill onto my thigh, this resulted in a noticeable mark, which i am not fond of. It is also only a few weeks after my first wash so Im hesitant to try a soak approach. Will these marks just disappear over time with wear or is it something i should be concerned about and address immediately?

2. Is there any particular reason for this drastic wear in the crotch as well as are there any particular ways to avoid or prevent it with future jeans? The only reasoning I could find might be related to my playing of drums quite regularly and aggressively.

3. Would it be possible for a tailor to hem these around 1.5-2 inches, even with the large holes? If so would it require anything that would make the price not worth the work?

Thank you all again and I look forward to any and all replies.

1. I think vinegar might be able to lift a bit of that out but I don't know too much about the chemical properties of alcohols.

2. Crotch blowouts are common on slimmer fitting jeans,the 2 biggest factors are probably a) lots of friction around there from daily wear paired with B) fabric stressed the opposite way by the seams.

Also downstairs heat buildup is probably a detriment as well, definitely is in my jeans.

3. That looks about 2 inches to me so it would be safe to take 2 1/5th or something, unless your tailor is confident in his/her method.

Anyone recommend me a longer wallet something like the tanners workmen wallet? Preferably something on the cheaper side. I really like the tanner was jw if there were any other options.

Thanks

it would never hurt to reinforce them at any point really, its better to do it before it blows out then having to do it afterwards, if its already starting to thin out you might as well.

I love overalls. Are there any companies that make raw denim overalls?

I just bought me a raw Levi's Lot 66 overall. Lee also makes 'm. Mind you, those are vintage styles, not sure what you're looking for, don't know of any 'modern' overalls, but quite sure they too exist.

This is the Lot 66: http://www.oki-ni.com/invt/lev0075den

I love overalls. Are there any companies that make raw denim overalls?

Pike Brothers does. They have their own website and almostnice has posted some pictures of his great pair here on the Pike Brothers thread.

hello, big newb here, please bear with me.

i've been wearing and am very fond of a pair of uniqlo s002 uj jeans. i can already see a lot of wear in them and it is incredibly satisfying.

they came with the cuff rolled up about an inch, hemmed with some yellow stitching (pic). about two days into owning them, the stitching started to come undone on one leg and is now completely gone on the back of the ankle.

does this represent any threat to my jeans? where can i get it fixed?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic