SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

^pics would help. but of course a shrink to fit jeans well...shrinks when soaked.

I appreciate that but the look is fine (great actually) but its just too physically tight on the hip flexors. I figured if I could button them up ( I can, only the top button takes a little effort), they would be fine and not too tight. Perhaps denim afficionados are just prepared to put up with more pain than me? I actually need to use my left front pocket and don't want to spend 15 seconds jamming my hand down there to extricate my keys :)

I appreciate that but the look is fine (great actually) but its just too physically tight on the hip flexors. I figured if I could button them up ( I can, only the top button takes a little effort), they would be fine and not too tight. Perhaps denim afficionados are just prepared to put up with more pain than me? I actually need to use my left front pocket and don't want to spend 15 seconds jamming my hand down there to extricate my keys :)

Sounds like you're not actually a 29 but rather a 30. 514's you refer to are oversize like any pair of 'standard' Levi's. You should 've gone for 30 in the Roy's.

Yea I'm looking for warp and weft died black. I love samurais black denim I think it's one of the nicest. But Im looking for deep black.

I might opt for samurais if I can't find anything style wise i like.

Hey very noob question but I rather ask than regret with a bad pair of denims. I never bought any raw jeans before but want to start now and have concluded I want either Nudies or Naked and Famous as my first pair. Questions are:

-Which type of nudies/N&F would be suitable for someone who's quite skinny but doesn't want very skinny jeans?

-Should I soak them first before I first wear?

-I usually wear a size 29 so should I size down 1?

-Any other things a starter should know?

Thanks a lot for any help!

i was wondering, does the fly strip (the one that hides all the buttons), fall directly in a straight line below your belly button? reason for asking is because today i realised that one of the pairs i have been wearing is pretty much sitting off center. i also realised that the seat does not sit exactly in the middle where its supposed to.

reason for asking is not because i am overly anal but i was rather wondering if this was a construction defect of one side having more fabric than the other side.

i was wondering, does the fly strip (the one that hides all the buttons), fall directly in a straight line below your belly button? reason for asking is because today i realised that one of the pairs i have been wearing is pretty much sitting off center. i also realised that the seat does not sit exactly in the middle where its supposed to.

reason for asking is not because i am overly anal but i was rather wondering if this was a construction defect of one side having more fabric than the other side.

Are you sure it isn't your body that's off-centre? :)

How does ANYONE wash their jeans in the washer machine? This pair has been washed so many times that I can't believe this sort of shit can still happen. Should I leave it alone and hope it comes out, or should I try and iron it or something? It's going down both shins and it looks absolutely ridiculous. I really hate it when I forget about the spin cycle.

photo-11.jpg

just wondering if anyone know how hidden rivets are put in, because it boggles my mind how you can put in rivets underneath the patch pockets and still be able to topstitch over it...

t.i.a.

You'll get a pretty good idea how it's done from this video:

damn Jstavrin; sorry to see that happening. i washed my denim often in washing machines (mostly with spin cycle) and have never had something happening like that.

ranonranon; its not just you, its happening always with my jeans. they are always off center and I think its also the reason why my left and right leg dont end up with symmetrical fades. I suspect my wallet has something to do with it, pulling the jeans to one side?

Hey Sufu; long time lurker. Question somewhat related.

What are some good denim reads (something not found on Sufu)?

Also I was wondering if there's actually full F&E scans or Lightning scans uploaded. If not, how do you remove the bindings cleanly? Would love to upload these.

4kmw57q

Cheers

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic