SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

^ in regards to what? Taking away foul odors?

Man, I would just clean them.

Hand wash in the tub with Dr. Bronners, with subtle agitation.

Theres no way I would go with them smelling rotten just to preserve the contrasts. A hand wash won't do much damage to the indigo, and will actually liven up/bring out the fades/contrasts.

I've never done the freezer thing and never will.

Just clean them by hand. You will thank yourself.

Just measured my two pairs of jeans and determined the (post-wash) measurements I want for my next pair:

waist: 30-31"

front rise: 10+ (as in 10 or slightly more)

back rise: 13.5+

thigh: 11

knee opening: 7.5-8

leg opening: doesn't matter, I'm going to hem/taper

Anybody have any suggestions while I dig through everything I can find online?

Just measured my two pairs of jeans and determined the (post-wash) measurements I want for my next pair:

waist: 30-31"

front rise: 10+ (as in 10 or slightly more)

back rise: 13.5+

thigh: 11

knee opening: 7.5-8

leg opening: doesn't matter, I'm going to hem/taper

Anybody have any suggestions while I dig through everything I can find online?

possibly the skull 5507xx would work

'the unbranded brand" http://www.theunbrandedbrand.com/fit-guide/

have these been mentioned? Looking to get new jeans and wanting to try these perhaps before another pair of APC... or an alternative to APC

if anyone can comment on quality/fit compared to the APC NS... not really buying some of the comments from UO either =\

EDIT:

UB201 compared to the APC NS... comparable fit or UB201 slimmer? (do not want slimmer)

does big or se have the ability to put suspender buttons on jeans?

Hello ALL Happy New Year. Hoping to get some correct info please?

The stats on the Jawnns are;

Almost perfect condition LEE 101 B Jeans. Late 90´s repro.

No holes, stains or rips, wased one time so they won´t shrink anymore, just the real measurements.

@Waist: 18.5" laid flat, 37" around

Inseam: 32"

Full length: 44"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300515905324&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

sorry if it don't work, if not i'l tryit this way. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300515905324&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

please hewlp any info if the euro or JPn or if the quaility is just as good . Basically any info will help regarding these Lee's well REP & LOVE you or LIFE. paz

THere are various Lee Euro repros - these are the cheapest, and were on sale at Lee's show-rooms, and other places, on sale for far less $$$ than this only a few weeks ago. They're not late 90s, I suspect they're from the last couple of years. The ones marked 101 don't make much of an attempt to be a full repro, and I have a feeling that selvage is open.

I swapped a pair of the earlier version, in a good Nisshinbo fabric, with RObbie, and I've a feeling they were too big for him, maybe you could PM him and see if he wants to sell?

I'm trying to find a cut with a little more room and a lighter weight (def not 17,19,21 oz shit) for summer.

For reference I love my pair of Imperial Dukes TTS (love the room in the rise)...could use something like that but even a tad bit more relaxed works as well...

Thanks

warehouse 700, 1001, or really most of their cuts besides the 660.

They take a long time to fade some Argentine guy on the other SF took like a full year 24/7 wear with a handful of washes, they just looked like 2 month APCs.

You get your money's worth in longevity though if that's how you want to see it.

if they're sanforized, no you do not need to soak first.

That said, a lot of people like to still soak their sanforized denim, because throwing them on half-soaked, helps set in the creases/etc., if you're into that..

in re: to should you hem them. it's hard to say without pics, but generally speaking, are they too long?

If they're too long, I would recommend you get them hemmed.

Some people are into the stacking effect, which forms around the ankle from them being too long.The opposite, which I prefer, would be a hemmed straighter, clean silhouette.

I'd say patch the hole. If you don't feel your sewing skills are up to it, find a local tailor to do it for you. It shouldn't be a very expensive repair.

Zimbabwe cotton is cotton from the country of Zimbabwe. Simple, huh? :) It's noteworthy because it's a very high quality, long staple cotton that makes smooth, strong thread.

I'd say patch the hole. If you don't feel your sewing skills are up to it, find a local tailor to do it for you. It shouldn't be a very expensive repair.

Zimbabwe cotton is cotton from the country of Zimbabwe. Simple, huh? :) It's noteworthy because it's a very high quality, long staple cotton that makes smooth, strong thread.

Zimbabwe cotton is not long staple. It's a longer cultivar, Albar, of the short staple upland cotton, G Hirsutum.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic