minya

SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

@dau interesting, I was after S0555vx in size 46 that they were advertising but they got back to me saying it was out of stock. I might try and see if there is anything els3 they can get from the Samurai website. 

Any of you heard of a leather jacket company called Double Helix? Not sure if they’re a Japanese company but I found them on Rakuten. Not a fan of all their stuff but they have a couple of nice looking pieces 

Wolf Pack sells a lot of DH

8 hours ago, ColonelAngus said:

Any of you heard of a leather jacket company called Double Helix? Not sure if they’re a Japanese company but I found them on Rakuten. Not a fan of all their stuff but they have a couple of nice looking pieces 

Yeah Wolf Pack sells a lot of DH

https://global.rakuten.com/en/search/?tl=0&k=Double Helix&sid=wolfpack

Edited by mlwdp

Just saw this Freenote shearling lined 20oz denim coat. Overall I like it, but it ain't cheap at $900. Especially since one could get the IH Sonder Supplies x Simmons Built for $100... but that's a sheep skin jacket, not a full grain steer leather, so that's to account for a lower price. Any thoughts on this Freenote thing? 

RJ2 Denim <span>Shearling</span>

Looks to have a bi-swing back. Thats a great option.

I think it's gorgeous. I'm a little hesitant putting $900 in a denim jacket as I expect the cotton will be destroyed after a few years. This being said, I've been clamoring for a shearling denim jacket and this might just be the perfect item...

$900! Damn, Just buy yourself something from McCoys or Dehen with a Shearing collar...Probably get a leather jacket with a shearing collar for that money.

Im gonna go out on a limb here and call $900 for a denim jacket as 'overpriced'.  To each their own though.

1 hour ago, UkeNo said:

$900! Damn, Just buy yourself something from McCoys or Dehen with a Shearing collar...Probably get a leather jacket with a shearing collar for that money.

Im gonna go out on a limb here and call $900 for a denim jacket as 'overpriced'.  To each their own though.

Agreed. Obscenely overpriced

I need something warm and fully lined. A shearling collar on an unlined or moderately insulated jacket is stupid IMO. Agreed re: denim durability, yet denim is a durable fabric just not the most durable. For most everyone considering buying that jacket they'd never put it to use as real work wear. It should last a lifetime if cared for and not abused too much. I'd prefer a more weather resistant fabric, but not something like Gore-Tex. Maybe waxed canvas, but waxed fabric doesn't breathe - trade offs... F', for $725-$750 one can have an IH N1 or N2 alpaca lined Deck jacket. Which is a serious consideration... 

Hey, can anyone identify this shirt? Thanks

5937549C-B196-47E6-B717-4CAEA050E08E.thumb.jpeg.114ebf81724a8127aafaafc807e348e4.jpeg

@mpukas The Freewheelers N1 this year looks really nice, I’d be interested in one if I didn’t live in Texas. 

Edited by Broark

13 hours ago, mpukas said:

For most everyone considering buying that jacket they'd never put it to use as real work wear.  Maybe waxed canvas, but waxed fabric doesn't breathe - trade offs... F', for $725-$750 one can have an IH N1 or N2 alpaca lined Deck jacket. Which is a serious consideration... 

Waxed canvas always gets embedded dirt for me when using it for work, I used to have to buy the Filsons quite large because a wash was always an eventuality. Even my Barbour dress jacket suffers from this.

@Geeman,

I thought I knew most of the BKK denim shops but Indigoskin is a new one to me.

Sadly it appears to be online store only.

Cheers

Edited by Pedro

@Pedro based in Siam Square originally but also have stores in Siam Centre and Icon now I think. 

@lance no worries,

IDENTIFY PLEASE: Black jeans with red triangle stripes. Thanks

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Capture4.JPG

Is this a service we're  offering now?

if you have a clear image etc as @lance did then fair enough but your pictures @dravicus are vague AF. 

Are they screen grabs from a to show?

Think that's what Reddit is for. 

It looks like bleach blond is the new black.

Do any of you know where brands like 3sixteen, RgT and Freenote Cloth get their flannel fabrics from? I know 3sixteen gets their denim from Kuroki, RgT from Nihon Menpu and Freenote gets some of their denim from Yoshiwa Mill, but I’m curious if there flannels come from the same mills as their denim. 

Why did Kiya stop doing business with Dry Bones? Thanks

Probably because the brand doesn't sell well? I don't know. You might get more attention asking in the Self Edge thread though :)

You’re likely right, b_F, that’s certainly the first place to look. They did such a great job partnering for the SExDB19 collab, just wondering.

4 hours ago, lance said:

Why did Kiya stop doing business with Dry Bones? Thanks

why not go straight to the horses mouth if you want an answer to that? 

Edited by UkeNo

Hey UkeNo, just wondering, I figure Kiya will be notified that he was mentioned and will chime in if he so desires. Not important enough to crap up the SE thread.

Why is it anyones business why Kiya did so? It sounds like a “Nosey Nellie” sorta question.

Who makes (semi) regular production jeans with a cloth, paper or other non-leather patch, and no leather washers or pocket reinforced edges, etc. 

I know Roy has done it twice (that I know of), but who knows what he’ll do next. 

Edited by lefty

^ LVC from 1955 model onwards or many of the accurate 60s repros out there.

Edited by Maynard Friedman