minya

SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

^^^  this shit HAS to be trolling. I dont understand. I cant read these questions anymore

Please for the sanity of the other members of the forum, could you please actually put on a pair of your jeans and show us a photo, or atleast take a photo of them on your floor or something.

No more measurement, cut, fabric or termonology questions please

14 minutes ago, MasonAlexander said:

^^^  this shit HAS to be trolling. I dont understand. I cant read these questions anymore

Please for the sanity of the other members of the forum, could you please actually put on a pair of your jeans and show us a photo, or atleast take a photo of them on your floor or something.

No more measurement, cut, fabric or termonology questions please

Here's some fit pics of my PBJ https://supertalk.superfuture.com/topic/117942-pure-blue-japan/?do=findComment&comment=3273160

1 hour ago, i_denim said:

Have you checked out reddit’s raw denim page? I think you’d like it because the topics are more related to the cuts/brands you seem to like, and people are more receptive to answering basic questions from people with a more recent interest in denim.

@i_denim I think you're not winning much favor from folks around here in large part because you seem to be overlooking the fact that superdenim is a huge archive of information. You don't always need to ask questions when you can very often answer them for yourself by reading the years and pages of others' insights, experiences, and opinions. Also, don't forget to just wear and actually enjoy your jeans; for the sake of an analogy--you can know all the rules of chess regardless of whether you have a board or pieces, but you're never going to learn how to play the game until you actually start playing the game.

Got it. Will read more and ask less. I am wearing my two pairs 7 days a week. Gotta get more mileage out of that.

All - looking for *indigo* lightweight hot weather pants. Any good alternative to the MFSC Chambray Naval Chinos would be greatly appreciated. Regular straight / loose cut preferred...

Thanks - they're definitely an option. So would the Tender 132 woad twill I suppose (however, not available in my size).

Edited by JDelage

What's the consensus on where to send denim to be chain stitched? Is it advised to go with a Union Special machine for a good amount of roping or are there other ways?

Thanks!

Where are you located mate? It's not just about the machine, the operator is a huge part of the roping success.

Well I'm in Colorado. I'm looking to send them in somewhere in the states, either coast I'm guessing, as I'm skeptical there's anybody in my neck of the woods who does this sort of thing properly.

Who do you trust stateside then?

Indigo Proof. 

Hudson Hill in Greensboro, NC. They do chain stitching with a Union. 

Didn't have a chance to call them today, Berkeley Supply, but their site doesn't mention anything about hemming. Looks like Indigo Proof it is then.

Just curious, has anyone here used any of the forwarding service companies offered on Rakuten to order an item from a store that doesn't technically ship overseas?  

@mlwdp

I've used Sutocorp in the past (not for a couple of years now) and that was quite simple. 

https://www.sutocorp.com/

There are others, can't think of them...?

Edit:

This is a proxy service, not sure if it's exactly the same system as offered on rakuten?

Edited by UkeNo

1 hour ago, UkeNo said:

@mlwdp

I've use Sutocorp in the past (not for a couple of years now) and that was quite simple. 

https://www.sutocorp.com/

There are others, can't think of them...?

Yeah there's quite a small list to choose from on under the Forward Services Info on Rakuten.  I had a store respond to me yesterday that they don't ship directly to USA and for me to use the services to make a purchase for shipping purposes.

That's s fairly common response on Rakuten.

I used a proxy for exactly this resson to buy McCoys clothing via Rakuten. 

The result is a higher cost to you due to their comission but they'll arrange the purchase and shipping on your behalf. 

So, I just went searching for the LVC website and cant seem to find it anymore even though I am positive that I have been on it, and pretty recently

Anybody know anything about that? Or know about an LVC webpage that I dont know about?

16 minutes ago, MasonAlexander said:

So, I just went searching for the LVC website and cant seem to find it anymore even though I am positive that I have been on it, and pretty recently

Anybody know anything about that? Or know about an LVC webpage that I dont know about?

The regular Levi's site in UK has the LVC products http://www.levi.com/GB/en_GB/mens-jeans/p/335010048

So does the Levi's US site https://www.levi.com/US/en_US/clothing/men/jeans/1890-501-jeans/p/905010009

Stores like super denim and end clothing seem to carry LVC though. I haven't seen a separate site for LVC though.

Weird. That page on the US levis website is the one I was talking about, but for some reason I couldnt get there without clicking that link

Thank you!

Does anyone have any experience of the hem service at denimio? Is it ok? I have had jeans hemmed at Hinoya, UES (both in Tokyo), Nerdy by nerds (Malmö), TCB and SELA. All are fine apart from the SELA one which is horrible. Very big, wonky and the selvedge isn’t folded properly. Comparison between TCB hem job, SELA (from 2011) and an original hem on a pair of LVC ‘37s from -07.

4BAC9E05-2EB6-4412-9E15-59FE3442DAC7.jpeg

C4E87270-9434-494A-8BCD-71164D392071.jpeg

5CE242A1-C07B-4F00-BC0C-940531AAE44C.jpeg

No experience with Denimio yet but I am certain the one done by Okayama isn't union special.

Let me post some pics. My PBJ was hemmed by Okayama and I probably have the original hem from FH somewhere. Plus some of my high street brands have union special, I think. I may regret saying this :)

Let's not confuse a chainstitch hem, which is possible on many sewing machines, including modern ones, with a chainstitch hem performed by a union special, which is what our preferred retailers and Japanese brands use. 

Same same, but different. 

Edited by UkeNo

LVC doesn't seem to offer many options in Shirts/T-Shirts. What did people wear with their Levi's in the 20s/30s/40s/50s/60s? Are there any other non-japanese brands to look at?