SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

1 hour ago, Broark said:

Looks like we lost some posts and the poster information to the left hand side is duplicated?

already had double vision from sifting though thousand of lines of code...  apparently it was --->  "nginx still pointed to sandbox hostname" in case anyone was wondering. 🤷‍♂️

24 minutes ago, chicote said:

@superfuture all works well for me! I wasn’t expecting such a drastic visual update but it is very clean, loads & runs smooth… great work!

i think the 'drastic visual update' you are referring to is the temporary default theme. 🔧 but yeh... at least it works! thx

feeling very nostalgic and time warpy... just realized first post on supertalk was almost exactly 20 years ago... sometime in october. literally lifetimes ago. this update should keep it going for a lot longer. there was a big issue with TLS and Amazon S3 - who have been sending me terrifying anxiety inducing warnings and countdowns to apocalyptic doom if we didn't update by now-ish... so crisis now contained. that said... i still have absolutely no fucking idea what TLS is. lol. 😩

Thanks @superfuture, looks like we’ve avoided the dreaded Y2K(23) bug 😅

Edit: I think TLS = Transport Layer Security but I’m hazy on the details!

Edited by Maynard Friedman

All is fine, thank you!

I'm sure this has been asked by other users before, but I don't remember the answer. Is it possible to mark topics of no interest so that they don't appear in the list?

Who makes a good work boot these days? I need steel/composite toe and lug soles. @shredwin_206 any suggestions? I’ve looked at Whites and Wesco but nothing jumps out at me. Whites has the Fulton and Chore boots but I don’t believe those are safety toe. I like the Wesco Jobmaster but I’d probably have to go custom to get what I need and I think custom jobs take a year. Any other companies worth checking? 

18 hours ago, Talan said:

All is fine, thank you!

I'm sure this has been asked by other users before, but I don't remember the answer. Is it possible to mark topics of no interest so that they don't appear in the list?

How do you that?

1 hour ago, zachary12 said:

are unread posts not working for everyone else? the topic links used to be bold but now i have to check the last post time

Ah ok will check it. I know what the issue is… 

UPDATE: I *think* now fixed 🤔 
well almost...😵 
FIXED 

Everything seems to be working well on my end. Thanks for putting in the time!

One thing that I miss from before the update is the text affiliated w/ the "Next unread topic" button noting the name of whatever thread it links to.

8 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

Everything seems to be working well on my end. Thanks for putting in the time!

One thing that I miss from before the update is the text affiliated w/ the "Next unread topic" button noting the name of whatever thread it links to.

hmm. I can't see it on the default 4.7 theme either... 🤷‍♂️ If it's on that somewhere then we should be able to get it working... Maybe take a look.  

Quick question to Yahoo JP Auction users: (1) do you have an account, and how did you set it up given that it requires a JP-based cell phone number? (2) If no, how do you stay abreast of new results for the stuff you're interested in?

Can anyone recommend some black denim similar to the black TCB 50's (mine are now falling apart 😞)? I've gone through the regular channels (the Sugar Cane's get to grey as they fade, I have the slim version) and can't find anything with a decent rise and a wider fit, so if anyone knows of any outliers, toss them here!

@Hendsch this comes up often enough. Indigofera Kirk in gunpowder is the solution I came around to. They’re pretty nice, only complaint is that they very much seem sanforized but the Swedish retailer I got them from marketed them as unsanforized. I bought them expecting shrink and got very little, even after basically cooking them. My pair is a beater pair now and the fades are nothing to write home about - they got trashed early and I had to wash them a lot since. 

Edited by AlientoyWorkmachine

22 hours ago, Hendsch said:

Can anyone recommend some black denim similar to the black TCB 50's (mine are now falling apart 😞)? I've gone through the regular channels (the Sugar Cane's get to grey as they fade, I have the slim version) and can't find anything with a decent rise and a wider fit, so if anyone knows of any outliers, toss them here!

Full Count recently released the 0105 in black. Might be sold out, depending on your size.

23 hours ago, Hendsch said:

TCB 30s jeans in black: https://secondsunrise.se/collections/tcb-jeans/products/tcb-jeans-30s-black-one-wash?variant=42090389209141

I own these. The fade is very slow to develop compared to Sugar Cane's black denim that marbles and fades to grey. Wide fit and generous rise, but the rise tends to dive in the front.

There might be a new black TCB model in the winter as well, there usually is but not guaranteed.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic