Broark

WAYWT 2020 (Denim Edition)

Andersen-Andersen x 2, PBJ x 2

The PBJ jacket is the Indigo x kakishibu type II they just produced and that I won last year. Not sure I will keep it yet.

425F37AB-AC7D-444E-8F3D-83FC2B15EF61.jpeg

E84074B9-8110-4114-8FC5-B92C2A216BCF.jpeg

I've always thought PBJ's type II jackets are way too long, and this is a perfect example of that.
I'd get that jacket shortened by ~2 inches.

Nothing special ...

20200307_142550

Warehouse late 30's style after hood sweat 

Warehouse dd46 

Converse star bars ( black suede) 

1 hour ago, MJF9 said:

@unders Denime looking cool

Cheers mate. 

1 hour ago, Broark said:

I've always thought PBJ's type II jackets are way too long, and this is a perfect example of that.

Hey @Broark Do you mean the TCB jacket? I got used to it pretty quickly and is kinda good to be able to mix up as an alternative to boxy jackets. 

I think he probably means the PBJ jacket—agreed that it looks way too long. Not much about it that resembles a Type II, really, besides the pleats…the fabric does seem pretty though

@unders nope, talking about @JDelage's kakishibu PBJ jacket right before your post. Your TCB doesn't look that long by comparison.
I had my 50's jacket shortened when I ordered it, fits similarly to yours.

I completely agree on the PBJ jacket. Maybe I wouldn't feel that way if I were 6'5"... It's too long, and it's actually a tad wide in the shoulders (but that's less of a problem). You're confirming what I thought. The fabric is lovely but I think I'm going to sell it. It has hand warmer pockets and I don't think I could easily have it shortened.

This is the product page on OD btw: https://www.okayamadenim.com/products/od-pbj-18oz-kakishibu-type-ii-selvedge-jacket 

@Flash still struggling with making coffee? :wink:

@JDelage What size is you're jacket? Has it been fully shrunken? It's at least a size too big. Maybe if it was the proper size for your frame the length might not be as prominent of an issue? The model on OD's website fit pics is wearing a 4, and he's 6'4" (doesn't say if it's raw/washed). Lovely fabric. 

I get what the the fellas are saying about the length of a Type II and respect, but personally I'm not opposed to a little extra length to cover a shirt hem, as long as it's not too long and doesn't start to look like a chore coat. And I'm also a fan of hand pockets on jackets, even I, II III, so it's fine line between function and style. 

eKJUotO.jpg

1950s Washington DeeCee

Hollows belt

MF Organic Cone Denim

Red Wing x Eat Dust Pecos 

38 minutes ago, mpukas said:

@JDelage What size is you're jacket? Has it been fully shrunken? It's at least a size too big.

It's size 4. Size 3 would be too small in the chest. It's sanforized and I washed and dried it once. I'll do it one more time since I should before selling it anyway but I don't expect much change.

4 hours ago, Flash said:

Nothing special ...

20200307_142550

Warehouse late 30's style after hood sweat 

Warehouse dd46 

Converse star bars ( black suede) 

Perfect fit!

7 hours ago, Broark said:

More like 4" maybe even 5...

Sams, ELMC and Warehouse (McCoys loafing)

9702D906-0891-4311-A0C6-EA745FCA69B4.thumb.jpeg.8de4ef94c647583739155ec02c4641fb.jpeg

Out-posed by my oldest in the supermarket wearing Norse projects cap, vintage scarf, Engineered garments x Uniqlo fleece, Warehouse shirt, Orslow pants and Oak street boot makers trail oxfords.

98189F4D-C400-4DB1-B8F6-F447138EA942.jpeg

Full count 1101 2 days 

home made belt 

New Balance 991

0A21AAB6-00F9-4C8D-B724-D520E287B0A0.jpeg