Ooe Yofukuten x S&S: Official Contest Thread 2016

aho

The nice photos are from my girlfriend's DSLR, which is one of the cheaper Nikon models from a few years back, but I'm not certain which one. All I remember is being amazed at how good the setup is, since the last time I really paid attention to DSLR quality and prices was back closer to 2000-2005, when I used to do some film photography with my father on big family trips.

The shot with much worse color looking down into the valley is my old iPhone 5S, now fortunately replaced as I gave in to the big phone hegemony.

Broark: Weighing the same decision here! It's not an emergency yet, but they could go in for reinforcement now and will definitely need repairs sometime in the next three months... I'll probably hold off until late November, so I can have them back and repaired before Christmas and some winter travels.

And a few photos from a recent morning when we had some decent light...

Impressed with how everyone else kept their patches in such good shape, mine started smudging after the first couple washes and by this point is pretty much illegible. Still, the rest of the jeans are starting to look quite good!

My patch has been illegible for months. How do you guys keep your patch looking good?

\EMIkHAS.jpg

Hmmm, I wear a belt so my guess is that helps "shelter" the patch from the elements. Beautiful developments on that though pudas

I too am delaying the inevitably needed repairs. I'll probably wait until it's too cold to bear with 2 feet of snow out though! 

Edited by aho

Here's my pair out of the wash, the crotch is barely hanging on at this point and I think sending them off for repairs now will probably be better than waiting any longer. It's a shame because the jeans are starting to look really good! I think I will send them off to Indigo Proof, the quality of repairs will be worth the wait.

Also the indoor lighting seems to be all over the place in these photos, a bit overcast today. The first photo is the most accurate in color.

qLZGIFl.jpg

iaN0WsP.jpg

DCBvwcN.jpg

ChTfwov.jpg

MO4r7e2.jpg

XoorMETr.jpg

How have you been washing? I usually do a hot soak/wash by hand and then a hot tumble dry from time to time.

I wash in my washing machine set to warm with a low spin speed, air dry. All my patches get fucked eventually, mt dwc pair's patch is literally about to fall off. 

Jeans Pic -- agree on the streakyness

kH54fKn.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

What is this second page business?!

Been busy looking for a new home, the US election, and altogether running around...Looking forward to some holiday updates from everyone! Personally, my jeans are fitting a bit tight after their last wash. I must've gotten out all the shrink by now?

I'm way overdue too. I don't have any pics on hands of the current progress of the jeans, but I live in Pittsburgh and have a lot to share about the city.

30971730891_f26b1dd8f0_k.jpg

31085950925_1b8e883c6b_k.jpg

It's a nice modern city with a newfound influence on the tech sector (Google has a location here and Uber is testing their self-driving cars in conjunction with Carnegie Mellon University only in Pittsburgh), but it still feels rural in a lot of places. You see sights like this all the time while you drive around town.

30943557652_815c46d770_k.jpg

The city also has three teams in the major professional leagues (the Pirates, Steelers and Penguins in the MLB, NFL and NHL respectively in case you don't follow sports).

The Pirates play at the prettiest ballpark in all of MLB.

30943548752_e5f88c3460_k.jpg

The Steelers play at Heinz Field, which isn't really anything special.

31050205666_9281cf5844_k.jpg

I've never been to a Penguins game, but I did get a chance to see the Stanley Cup in person, and it is incredibly cool in person.

31050205466_75b3184eac_k.jpg

My routine is pretty steady. I work too much and spend all my spare time with my wife and our dog. My dog is a cute mutt, but she's also a doofus. She will do anything for food, which leads to her trying to squeeze into any space for a snack.

31085959785_0b91f2eb7f_k.jpg

We hike as much as we can in the nearby state parks. My dog loves it.

31050205286_aca738523b_k.jpg

My wife and I also try to travel as often as we can. Since this contest started I've spent time in Florida, West Virginia, Niagara Falls, and LA, and I'm planning to try to go somewhere warm this winter. Here's some shots from various trips.

27224189723_fad96b1d5d_k.jpg

31085962345_b6291f0754_b.jpg

(This should have embedded as a video, but it didn't. Click the photo if you want to see a time lapse of some clouds on Flickr.).

31050201096_22dd62e9d2_k.jpg Going to Disneyland as an adult is an odd experience.

27801838586_6d31bf2c9f_k.jpg

As for the jeans, my pair has a lot of the crosshatch fading at the thighs, and I hemmed them to break just slightly at the ankle. I like them much better after the hem.

Edited by rayw44

Nice update! I've never been to Pittsburg but I've heard lots of good things. One day I'll visit.

As for my jeans they're still needing to be sent off for repairs, been rather busy lately.

Hopefully I'll get them out soon so I can start wearing them again.

Probably Indigo Proof, Rain did some work on my OA02XX's awhile back and I was really happy with them.

Although I think Tyler isn't at Indigo Proof anymore, I remember seeing a post on their Instagram a little while ago about it.

Hope you're doing well Tyler!

A little update from Dolores Park in SF, where I've been on a work trip for the past week.

q1LGAJJ.jpg

Went by Standard & Strange to give these jeans a brief homecoming and finally check the shop out. Spencer and Brandon were great, got to geek out about fabrics and do some damage to my bank account. I've got yet another pair of Ooe's now, salted away for a rainy day...

Great updates everyone! 

Not denim related, but I took delivery of a bracelet that's been in the works for a while now...The wait was worth it!

30317946403_1186175e61_z.jpg

30303965274_a6988297f3_z.jpg

Tufa cast, and comprised of Clear Lone Mountain Turquoise, Apache Blue Turquoise, Hubei spider web turquoise (Yungai/Cloud Mountain), Golden Lip mother of pearl, jet and coral. This bracelet means a lot to me, especially this year....A good reminder that humans can still make beautiful things

Edited by aho

A little update from Dolores Park in SF, where I've been on a work trip for the past week.

q1LGAJJ.jpg

Went by Standard & Strange to give these jeans a brief homecoming and finally check the shop out. Spencer and Brandon were great, got to geek out about fabrics and do some damage to my bank account. I've got yet another pair of Ooe's now, salted away for a rainy day...

I'm bummed I missed you - thanks for stopping in. 

Did you try on the Tender jeans in the same denim as that jacket you picked up? They're so good.

Inspired by my trip to LA last week and rayw44's post here's a look at my neighborhood and workplace. Not much but I thought it was adequate. I've always been interested as to how folks anywhere live and just how familiar and different it all is. Roads, highways, streets, houses, landscape, shops, anything related to the everyday and ordinary in a person's day to day life. I think it's all interesting. Might have to take some pics of the really tall and numerous highways here in Texas sometime.

Welcome to Texas! Walmart near my home. Price here is lower than the city and national average. Crazy how it's $2.50 over in LA and in the place I was staying 3 bucks.

jABPZeF.jpg

The neighborhood

764v96q.jpg

Workplace that I help my dad out. In the car business for 10+ years.

DbcVGdn.jpg

i7wgBEL.jpg

Compared to SoCal, Texas is prettttttty flat and nowhere near as much trees (at least in North Texas). Also compared to the home the workplace neighborhood is of the working/middle class. Nothing bad really especially since it's near (small) downtown. Reminds me of some of the LA neighborhoods but with more space and less people.

REImcWi.jpg

UG1fitU.jpg

The jeans! Yup, still stubborn. Washed several days ago and I think the fades are more pronounced in person if albeit still subtle. 

QOymn8M.jpg

mF3Gog7.jpg

NdFU3WH.jpg

tIQGZvR.jpg