TCB

Just sent payment off to Inoue-san for my custom 50s jacket. I'm having a size 44 made with measurements as follows (one wash):

shoulder width - 50cm
chest - 58cm
dress length - 61cm
sleeve length - 60cm

I also ordered the brown duck newspaper bag. I will report back with an update soon!

Just sent payment off to Inoue-san for my custom 50s jacket. I'm having a size 44 made with measurements as follows (one wash):

shoulder width - 50cm
chest - 58cm
dress length - 61cm

sleeve length - 60cm

I also ordered the brown duck newspaper bag. I will report back with an update soon!

did hajime charge you extra for the alterations? 

Ordered size 44 raw from Inoue and got it today. Inoue said that the measurements for 44 once washed are following:

sleeve length 66cm
shoulder width 50cm
chest 58cm
length 67cm

In truth the measurements for 44 raw are:
sleeve length 68cm
shoulder width 50cm
chest 56cm
length 70cm

And soaking will shrink these even more. Pretty pissed off.
Edited by mrman

Sorry, I don't doubt that, I'm sure he will exchange it for another one. But, I have to pay for sending the jacket back without any hope for being compensated probably. Plus, I was hit by customs and have to go through the hassle again when sending it back and hoping that when I get the replacement, I will not be hit again. All this because I was relying on that the reported measurements were correct.

Ordered size 44 raw from Inoue and got it today. Inoue said that the measurements for 44 once washed are following:

sleeve length 66cm
shoulder width 50cm
chest 58cm
length 67cm

In truth the measurements for 44 raw are:
sleeve length 68cm
shoulder width 50cm
chest 56cm
length 70cm

And soaking will shrink these even more. Pretty pissed off.

That sucks!  

I've considered having a type II made, but the chance of something like this happening has scared me away.

Too late now, but for anyone considering a similar purchase in the future, it might be best stating what you want the raw measurement to be.  I don't know if mrman specifying a 64cm raw chest measurement would have made things any better though. :mellow:          

Hopefully the shipping back makes it, i ordered the ranch man and like most people's the sizing was totally off. He didn't make the changes in my measurements either, which I suppose was a good thing since I was able to return it... But then I paid to send it back and it disappeared and I never heard from Inoue so not sure what happened.

Also pretty shifty experience

I'm about a week into my one wash 60s, size 36. I can further underscore others' positive reports: the fabric really is something else & the factory hem is amazing. I can also second a few common new buyer panics: the lowness of the rise and the tightness in the crotch and across the hips are startling at first, especially with how comfortable the legs are cut. The good news is they have stretched out pretty nicely in those key areas and will make for a good rotation pair with my 9-month-old SC okis. Needless to say, though, I won't mistaking either pair for the other.  :)

I'm about a week into my one wash 60s, size 36. I can further underscore others' positive reports: the fabric really is something else & the factory hem is amazing. I can also second a few common new buyer panics: the lowness of the rise and the tightness in the crotch and across the hips are startling at first, especially with how comfortable the legs are cut. The good news is they have stretched out pretty nicely in those key areas and will make for a good rotation pair with my 9-month-old SC okis. Needless to say, though, I won't mistaking either pair for the other.  :)

i have the same size and wash tcb 60 jeans and yeah man, crotch area is really tight right now.  my precious jewels are being squashed it's so tight and the rise is indeed very low.  it's good to know that the denim in those areas will stretch out to more comfortable levels.   i hope. 

^heavydoom, My first thought was, "screw this, I'm getting 50s instead." I feel like the 60s would be better with one fewer button in the fly, as the lowest one hits in an awkward and not-so-comfortable spot. I've been doing a fair bit of walking though, and that seems to have sped up the stretching. I doubt I'll wash these more often than every 6 weeks though. Good luck. 

^heavydoom, My first thought was, "screw this, I'm getting 50s instead." I feel like the 60s would be better with one fewer button in the fly, as the lowest one hits in an awkward and not-so-comfortable spot. I've been doing a fair bit of walking though, and that seems to have sped up the stretching. I doubt I'll wash these more often than every 6 weeks though. Good luck.

i have the tcb 50 jeans and they are amazing in terms of fit and material.  an absolute joy!! i just have to wear the 60 more often to stretch out the jeans.