TCB

yeah Bret, why not.. give it a machine wash at 40°C and a tumble dry if you have a dryer. I actually don't know if you got the one wash or the raw version. Usually if not specified it's the one wash. If it's raw it will shrink a good bit.

Yes, it's one wash version. I'm a bit afraid about putting the jacket in the machine, actually. I'll think !

Don't be :) The 50s denim gets better and better with more washes in my opinion.

Edited by tigerstrom

Anyone bought the 50s jacket in raw? How did the measurements compare to the ones on the site?

I did! It shrank but not loads. If you search on the unknown japanese brands thread you'll find my measurement for a size 42 pre and post wash.

i think, i may be wrong, that tcb will be making the duck 50 jacket but without the leather patch.   the tcb version will be the paper patch.  i asked calvin from classic works and from what i understood that is what he told me.  calvin also told me that hajime is going to fly down to taiwan for the special event.  i think i rather get the duck 50 from TCB and if they are only making 50 pieces of this duck tcb50 then so be it.....plenty of other shit to get from TCB!

I did! It shrank but not loads. If you search on the unknown japanese brands thread you'll find my measurement for a size 42 pre and post wash.

Thanks Volvo! A bit confused though as the measurements for sizes 40-46 are far from linear, eg p2p: 51,5cm (size 40, once washed, from the site); 53,5cm (your size 42, raw, post soak), 58cm (size 44, once washed, measurement provided by Inoue), 61cm (size 46, once washed, measurement provided by Inoue). At the same time length stays the same 67 cm for all sizes, except your size 42 that clocks at 71,5cm after soak...

Thank you everybody for your answers ! So, I won't pick a smaller size. However, would you guys recommend to do one hot soak on this product to make it fi a bit more ?

I did try to hot soak my 50's jacket (One wash version), it did not shrank much.

So if yours is raw, then try Volvo recommendation.

I've been in talks with Inoue-san regarding having a custom 50s jacket made with a shorter body and sleeves. I should be sending payment over in the next couple of weeks.

Also, regarding the Ranchman, was the general consensus to size up once? I've been considering picking one up and the group buy thread was a bit hard to follow.

Depends on what fit you want mate. I ordered a 36 after the measurements we got, which is a little too slim. But now that I've tried out more sizes I could go with either a 38 for a slim fit or 40 (my usual size in japanese gear) for a more regular fit.

I recently got a pair of the TCB Crawling Pants. Really pleased with them. After one wash they've softened up beautifully.

Here's a photo of them, before washing (with a RMC fatigue jacket).

5zkrqv.jpg

Just returned home to find the Tiger Stripe shorts have arrived too. 

Wore my Ranchman in 100+ weather today outside during family reunion. Good times lol especially the occasional questions about whether or not I'm hot in the shirt. Probably going to wash the shirt either this month or next.

I got the ranchman in the same size as my 50s and the torso fit fine, a slim fit. But the issue was the arm holes were way too tight. So I'm exchanging for a 40

Did you buy from Inoue or Denimio? I'm curious if Inuoe even does returns like Denimio does.

I have been on the fence regarding a tcb 50 jacket for quite some time now.

The size 42 one-washed seems perfect.

However i would like the unwashed version. :) anyone here who got the jacket in size 42(unwashed) who could measure it for me. I am most interested in the measurements after shrinkage. IE after soak and wash.