Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

Does anyone use alternative laces for Trickers boots?

The standard black waxed laces that come with them are absolutely rubbish if the boots have any hooked eyelets. They just get shredded while tying the shoelaces.

I was looking for cordovan dress shoes, but came across these cordovan brogue boots on sale, and impulse took over. 2nd pair of Trickers boots and now officially a trickers fan.

IMG_20160904_175640.jpg

Edited by Niro

I was looking for cordovan dress shoes, but came across these cordovan brogue boots on sale, and impulse took over. 2nd pair of Trickers boots and now officially a trickers fan.

Those are sweet! Any idea whose shell trickers used for this? It looks somewhat matte in that light! 

Those are sweet! Any idea whose shell trickers used for this? It looks somewhat matte in that light! 

Tricker's is mostly Italian (Comipel) shell, I believe - feels very different to Shinki & Horween. I have an older pair in 'lollipop'.

I heard a rumour years ago they had used French shell, but nothing to substantiate this.

Thanks =)

No clue, but I thought that these looked quite matte for cordovan myself. I even compared them to my trickers calf leather boot. 

They will be my dress boot

Also I just joined instagram last week, and it is crazy how much Japanese love Trickers. Trickers even tag some of their posts in english and katakana 

Edited by Niro

Oak Street BootmakersxBlue Owl Workshop

oak-street-bootmakers-matte-black-dainit

I'm a fan of matte black/nubuck leather due to its no frills as far as durability and look. Not a shine leather but works great in a workshop or garage as far as durability on the job goes, including rainy weather durability.

Edited by mlwdp

Tricker's is mostly Italian (Comipel) shell, I believe - feels very different to Shinki & Horween. I have an older pair in 'lollipop'.

I heard a rumour years ago they had used French shell, but nothing to substantiate this.

I have just been told they use Argentinian shell by an industry insider. Edited by mikecch

@tigerstrom - nice looking boots. Redwing USA doesn't offer that model. I haven't seen it before. 

I find it really strange that Redwing has/had several models available in Europe and Japan that are not offered here in their home country. Do they really think there's not a market for them here, and that the majority of people in the States that purchase RW boots only go for their work boots? 

@tigerstrom - nice looking boots. Redwing USA doesn't offer that model. I haven't seen it before.

I find it really strange that Redwing has/had several models available in Europe and Japan that are not offered here in their home country. Do they really think there's not a market for them here, and that the majority of people in the States that purchase RW boots only go for their work boots?

Yes. You pretty much answered your question. There's not enough demand here for the models, at least that's what they've told me when I asked them. Look at what happened to Chippewa when they tried selling their Japan models here after people kept asking for them. Now, they're not even selling or being sold 50% off because the demand was too little to please only a few.

Thanks all

Mustang paste sounds good, but dc4 is apparently the only authorised retailor for europe and they are sold out.

I did have look at Red Wing before as they have London store, but it darkens the leather a bit.

Edited by Niro

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...