Levi's Vintage Clothing

^Yeah, where is the XX website? I remember somebody posting a link to it when it first showed up, but you had to have a password. Recently somebody was complaining about it, so I guess there's more to it now, but its impossible to find (google LVC xx and you get every Ebay Levi's auction that ever was).

Maurizio is the boss of XX. Other XX people have hung around on this board, I would guess they do so still.

When I met Maurizio at the Cinch launch, I did tell him he absolutely had to get the sizing right. Some issues are obviously a matter of opinion, and they will know soon enough how the pricing affects their sales, but producing inconsistent, inaccurately sized jeans is one of the quickest ways of sending potential customers straight to their competitors.

(Altho, FWIW, I should mention the sizing on my SC Edo AI 40501 was crappy, too!)

^I totally agree- I think their inability to size correctly has been responsible for running off more LVC fans than any other factor, at least until this big pricepoint increase.

Electrum anyone?

They missed a huge opportunity there to mend some fences and keep the loyalty of current fans by addressing that issue in a public way, say on an accessible website. and then following through. So disappointing to hear that the new range still has sizing problems, and different ones that previously existed, even.

In fact, the only good move I've seen them make since the changeover is locating the (grantedly pretentious) new LVC store in Japan, which might help to rebuild a Japanese fan base. It's only anecdotal, but I haven't seen any LVC pieces in any of the Japanese Men's mags since the Japanese division of LVC got shut down, but RRL seems to be exploding there.

(Edit- though they shut down LVC Japan themselves during the changeover, so maybe they don't deserve credit for throwing a bone to the dog they just kicked?)

Thanx guys, repped where i could. just wish i could find SE or BiG style measurements for the '66. add to that i cant believe there is no where to try a pair in nyc.

i checked my shit -- i know i recorded the pre- and post-soak measurements for my 66s, but can't find anything now. however, i did locate an email from the guys at cultizm with some measurement info:

size 38 -- waist: 39, front rise: 12.75, thigh: 13

size 36 -- waist: 37, front rise: 12.50, thigh: 13

obviously, these are a little off. i believe the upper thigh (BIG style) on my size 36 was 13.25 pre-, and 12.75 post-soak.

superdenim.co.uk is offering a "one wash" 1947 501 for 119 pounds vs the raw for 215 pounds. I wonder what the deal is there, don't think I've ever seen "one wash" 47s? The buttons look pretty banged up so the wash may be rough; price is right though

edit - Looks like Cultizm actually calls it the rough rinse - getting some of those weird vertical fades.

55 look great. But you should cuff those babies!!!

Thanks!

I intended on wearing them with a small cuff when I got them, but it just doesn't look right. They're a little sloppy with sneakers and these boots, especially now that it's been a month since their last wash and they're stretched out, but they're the perfect length for my harness boots.

LVC just released a special 1985 501 jean for Barney's 25th Anniversary. I don't want to hate b/c I haven't seen these in person, and I do like Barney's and the LVC line, but is this really the best they could come up with?? (Raleigh Denim's pair looks pretty top notch by comparison.) Surely Levi's had a lot more to work with and choose from from that year?

Guest redchris
LVC just released a special 1985 501 jean for Barney's 25th Anniversary. I don't want to hate b/c I haven't seen these in person, and I do like Barney's and the LVC line, but is this really the best they could come up with?? (Raleigh Denim's pair looks pretty top notch by comparison.) Surely Levi's had a lot more to work with and choose from from that year?

I can't imagine much else available from 1985, remember we are talking the decade that style forgot (The Smiths excepted).

I can't imagine much else available from 1985, remember we are talking the decade that style forgot (The Smiths excepted).

I may be throwing myself into the Lions den here, but IMO 'Style' was what you made it back in the eighties.

Most people think of shoulder pads, mullet hairdos, test-card jumpers and of course stone-washed... ugh...(shudder !) jeans.

But for those who are over 40, the real eighties started in 1979, and was all about underground style and independant (or indie) music.

For me, all the shite high st. stuff on offer pushed me to discover the thrift shops and eventually, by early '85, second hand 501's ( thanks to the re-introduction of the 501 in the UK and all it's ------ -washed variants)

I still will never understand why Lvc didn't pick up on all of the interesting details that got the whole vintage denim thing going (I'm talking about 501's made between '47-65 here).

Thank god for sugarcane and warehouse!

Let me get this straight...LVC has made a reproduction of a model year that is one of the earliest examples of how Levi began to move away from its roots (and overall quality) by using non-selvedge denim?

and they're presenting them as an "ultra-exclusive" at one of America's premier luxury department stores?

I honestly don't get it.

Supposedly Levi's is opening a new high end boutique store in the meat packing district of NYC. Word is they're going to carry most of the XX line.

If it's true, it'll be interesting to see if they can be as successful as RRL has become in NYC and LA. Japanese tourists make RRL a destination stop when in either city.

If Edwin would open a Lee shop in NYC I'd go broke.

QUOTE=roy6;2436537]^I totally agree- I think their inability to size

correctly has been responsible for running off more LVC fans than any other factor, at least until this big pricepoint increase.

Electrum anyone?

They missed a huge opportunity there to mend some fences and keep the loyalty of current fans by addressing that issue in a public way, say on an accessible website. and then following through. So disappointing to hear that the new range still has sizing problems, and different ones that previously existed, even.

In fact, the only good move I've seen them make since the changeover is locating the (grantedly pretentious) new LVC store in Japan, which might help to rebuild a Japanese fan base. It's only anecdotal, but I haven't seen any LVC pieces in any of the Japanese Men's mags since the Japanese division of LVC got shut down, but RRL seems to be exploding there.

(Edit- though they shut down LVC Japan themselves during the changeover, so maybe they don't deserve credit for throwing a bone to the dog they just kicked?)

x-post from waywt thread...

dscf6971.jpg

33's... every time i wear em i remember how much i like em. when these are dead, i plan on getting another pair, but sized down for a better fit in the waist.

lookin good cheap. you may want to go ahead and jump on a new pair from cultizm quick in case the prices go up again.

Let me get this straight...LVC has made a reproduction of a model year that is one of the earliest examples of how Levi began to move away from its roots (and overall quality) by using non-selvedge denim?

and they're presenting them as an "ultra-exclusive" at one of America's premier luxury department stores?

I honestly don't get it.

Well, if you're celebrating a 25th anniversary, 1985 does seem to be an appropriate year!

lookin good cheap. you may want to go ahead and jump on a new pair from cultizm quick in case the prices go up again.

go up more than $249? I got mine from them and it was like $130 or something.... I can't imagine the price going up more? Might as well start looking at REAL vintage

Hooligan, when you log onto cultizm's site, the price listed for most of the raw denim is $209.24. Not sure why the non-login and login prices are different.

$209 isn't cheap, but it's better than $249.

Most of the pre-WWI 501s are on sale for $122.94 I'm sure even at that price, Levis and Cultizm are making a nice profit.

Hooligan, when you log onto cultizm's site, the price listed for most of the raw denim is $209.24. Not sure why the non-login and login prices are different.

Its due to the VAT tax that is only applicable to buyers from EU. The system deducts the VAT tax automatically when you log in if you are outside of europe...

Gorgeous warehouse, silencejoe, thanks for posting.

Are those deadstock? Last time I lusted over Duck Digger there seemed to be nothing around.

Some beautiful detailing on those, but I can't help thinking that they've ruined them by adding the belt loops - much like the Suger Cane Nevada tribute, the SC 40501, where they added the belt loops, slimmed the fit down and made the whole thing pretty pointless.

Gorgeous warehouse, silencejoe, thanks for posting.

Are those deadstock? Last time I lusted over Duck Digger there seemed to be nothing around.

Some beautiful detailing on those, but I can't help thinking that they've ruined them by adding the belt loops - much like the Suger Cane Nevada tribute, the SC 40501, where they added the belt loops, slimmed the fit down and made the whole thing pretty pointless.

Thanks Paul! : )

http://www.ware-house.co.jp/index.php?page=catalog&cgc=47

This are ONE-WASH version and except the price (which is double to my LVC duck) and the belt loops that W/H added for the modern-day...I really like this one because it really had some beautiful detailing on this jean.

Thanks for posting and the link. Good to see they're still around - strange that the non-wash pair seems to be a completely different model. I hope they reintroduce some of their 20s Boss Of The Road-influenced pants.

Sadly, they've not attracted that much interest on Sufu. The duckdiggers thread is a bit neglected. There's a few wear pics, but not enough, here.