Levi's Vintage Clothing

^^Uh-oh, I hear a legion of Samurai fans squirming restlessly in their VX denim. I would agree that the 1915 is in a different league, but not necessarily better. Concepts are different, so I wouldn't even compare.

Cone has been making denim for a long time, so they don't really need to prove to a retailer or anyone that they can still make good denim. In the same token, the Japanese were dyeing cotton with indigo for centuries, so it's safe to say, that they know what they are doing.

Different strokes…etc, etc.

^^Uh-oh, I hear a legion of Samurai fans squirming restlessly in their VX denim. I would agree that the 1915 is in a different league, but not necessarily better. Concepts are different, so I wouldn't even compare.

Cone has been making denim for a long time, so they don't really need to prove to a retailer or anyone that they can still make good denim. In the same token, the Japanese were dyeing cotton with indigo for centuries, so it's safe to say, that they know what they are doing.

True words.

I'm endlessly impressed by the denim that emanates from Japan; there is a huge amount of creativity there. Standing up for Cone, as I feel compelled to do every now and then, doesn't mean I don't appreciate the excellent SDA, SC (or, grrrr, I admit it, Evis) jeans I've been privileged to hang on my ass...

I'm totally with coleslawyum.

IMO, Samurai has long left the path of being a real repro brand. They started with lighter denim (lighter compared to what they use now) with a weight of 14oz. Even the 15oz denim they used on my S0510XX66-2 is so different to the denim they use now. I even thnik you could like it, Paul T.

I dunno, did you ever wear a pair of Samurai? I know you have SDA and I guess those match your need and what you see&want in denim better than Samurai. But as I said, that old 15oz denim is really nice.

Of course Cone should (and that's up to your observations, LVC-pros if they do) reproduce the best denim when it comes to real vintage Levi's.

So as coleslawyum said it's totally up to you what you want.

For real repros LVC should be the beste thing and when you still want some Japanese made denim, I think Warehouse is a good option.

I really would like to now what you guys would say to Resolute, the new brand of Denime-founder Hayashi-san. He wanted to reproduce the denim of the '50s and '60s.

Of course Cone should (and that's up to your observations, LVC-pros if they do) reproduce the best denim when it comes to real vintage Levi's.

So as coleslawyum said it's totally up to you what you want.

For real repros LVC should be the beste thing and when you still want some Japanese made denim, I think Warehouse is a good option.

I really would like to now what you guys would say to Resolute, the new brand of Denime-founder Hayashi-san. He wanted to reproduce the denim of the '50s and '60s.

Wait, what? Details?

Wow, thanks. I can't believe I missed that thread (just searched for "resolute" and it came up with nothing).

SUFU search function fucking blows.

SUFU search function fucking blows.

I have been following that thread, it's very interesting. Looking forward to seeing how that denim wears in.

I always use Google site search, it's a million times better. A lot of times, when I'm checking things (Like why rnr or almostnice neg me, just cos my jeans are so much better than theirs) I end up in a Superfuture Black Hole...

I have been following that thread, it's very interesting. Looking forward to seeing how that denim wears in.

I always use Google site search, it's a million times better. A lot of times, when I'm checking things (Like why rnr or almostnice neg me, just cos my jeans are so much better than theirs) I end up in a Superfuture Black Hole...

There are a lot of good reasons to neg you and your wack ass jeans is definitely one of them. I remember that line up of Lee repros you posted a long time ago. All of them basically brand new and it just showed your rookie-ness when it came to denim. Looked like you wore each pair a week and then posted them. If I recall you even placed them on your pre-distressed hardwood flooring...... broke!!

There are a lot of good reasons to neg you and your wack ass jeans is definitely one of them. I remember that line up of Lee repros you posted a long time ago. All of them basically brand new and it just showed your rookie-ness when it came to denim. Looked like you wore each pair a week and then posted them. If I recall you even placed them on your pre-distressed hardwood flooring...... broke!!

I could've sworn that was laminate flooring...;)

Kidclark, I don't think you can get any pair of STF jeans completely soaking wet, and only shrink an inch in the inseam. If you want a post soak LVC inseam of 35", you need to start with a size 38 inseam. I don't know that the amount of time of your soak effects things much. 30 minutes, or 4 hours, the jeans are saturated and going to shrink.

yeah ill just shoot for the 34 inseam thanks.

anybody have any ideas on how these were sized or soaked?

012808lz3.png?t=1285031035

1037_012608jc7.jpg?1208033902

basically made me want to buy 1947s

basically made me want to buy 1947s

Take a tape measure, & wrap around your hips - about halfway down your ass. This will be the "waist" measurement you want 47's used to shrink down from tagged size, but I think they got roomier this year. Paul? :D

Via this simple system, you'll acheive the appropriate plumber's butt while standing (as displayed in the pics above), and you won't have to unbutton to take a leak. ;)

Edit: C'mon guys.. Anyone on this board who's under 40 must have sagged at some point! :)

Badly.

But that's coming from someone who puts suspender buttons on anything and everything.

And to think, I WISH my Levis would quit sagging on my old man/Hank Hill ass. I guess I should just roll with it and tell my wife to quite laughing :)

I kid, but just barely... my Levis want to sag all the time, but to intentionally do it is like... putting spinners on a Humvee, doesn't make any sense.

yeah ill just shoot for the 34 inseam thanks.

The fit's definitely not my bag, but I don't think it's terrible-looking, either. That's what I love about differing styles-- it may not jive with my own, but I can appreciate someone who rocks a pair of repro jeans and re-imagines/interprets how they can be styled. In this case, heavy on the stacking.

Without trying them on, you're probably best following riff's advice. Measure around the area where you want them to hit and then size up accordingly to account for shrink. Good luck!