Levi's Vintage Clothing

Right, mission to American Classic. They have no 1937 cut. Almost everything but. Only 36 inseam in a 1933 cut is a 36x36. Nothing beyond that.

Interesting anecdote from the always entertaining fella in there. Told me they went to see the LVC rep, who told them: "I've got some bad news."

American Classics chaps are thinking, 'please don't put the prices up by £10 or £15, that would be awful'.

LVC rep tells them its an increase to £215, American Classics chaps reaction.... 'you f**king c**t'.

Potty mouthed but says it all really.

Cheers for popping in for the jeans update. Loving the reaction to the price increase - same as most of us!;)

I know you guys aren't really into the washed versions but I was cleaning out my dresser and just found these. I completely forgot I had them. I think I bought them back in 2005....1901 "Denim Devotee" 501's if I recall. I Such a shame I'm too scrawny to pull off the baggy vintage 501 fit because I love the wash and all the detailing. The denim has a really nice hand to it too.

IMG_9143.jpg

IMG_9144.jpg

IMG_9145.jpg

IMG_9146.jpg

Sounds like Levis doesn't want any of their stockist in the UK to actually be able to sell the "poetry" sitting on their shelves. 215 pounds comes out to $341 in the US. Are ya friggin kidding me?! Talk about taking a piss on what it probably one of LVC's bigger markets.

Damn. I never buy anything at full price, but this means that even at the end of season sales LVC jeans will probably be over $250.

I really liked the leather jacket from this season, but it was over $1200.

This is getting up into Mister Freedom pricing- but LVC has too big of a range, and doesn't have the intense high design/small batch cache to hit that sweet spot like MF does.

Is it the growing poverty gap? Are there really that many super rich people now that will drop $2000 on an outfit that makes them look like a late '40s hooligan or '30s soup kitchen tramp?

Vinn, I'm the idiot, I lopped a digit off the url for the sizing guide. Corrected now.

66 measurements for a nominal 32/32 are

1966 501 W32, R11.5, L32 , Lo8.25 , St21.75, Th10.75

Waists on current production seem to me made true to size. AS seat and thighs are generously cut, I reckon you can wear actual waist size on these for a slim, non ball-crushing fit. Check with the cultizm comp thread, too, there are bound to be some recent purchasers on there?

Check with the cultizm comp thread, too, there are bound to be some recent purchasers on there?

Unfortunately, there's only one pair of '66s in the contest, and I don't think that participant has posted any updates. Kept a break down for my own records when the contest started. Contest is mostly '37s, 47s, and 67s. Would have liked to have seen fewer guys in the '47s, and more in the later models like the '66, '78 and even the '83.

1880: 1 (1.9%)

1901: 1 (1.9%)

1915: 4 (7.6%)

1933: 5 (9.6%)

1937: 8 (15%)

1944: 3 (5.7%)

1947: 16 (30%)

1954 (501Z): 1 (1.9%)

1955: 1 (1.9%)

1966: 1 (1.9%)

1967 (505): 10 (19%)

1978: 1 (1.9%)

Thanx Paul, that helps. im a 33 TTS so i figure ide size up and go 34 for a comfy, roomy fit. length dont matter, i got SE for that! haha

So basically were seeing Raw measurements of tagged sizehuh?!?!

ill do a quick 10 min soak and basically wear em raw if thats the case....

Thanx Paul, that helps. im a 33 TTS so i figure ide size up and go 34 for a comfy, roomy fit. length dont matter, i got SE for that! haha

So basically were seeing Raw measurements of tagged sizehuh?!?!

ill do a quick 10 min soak and basically wear em raw if thats the case....

Don't thank Paul. He prefers the silent treatment after he helps someone.

Just thought I'd add to the LVC sizing answers. I recently bought some 47's (not 66's I know) and they are smaller than tagged size, the 34" I got was actually 33" and the rep at Unionmade said that they had found that all the recent ones they had were like this. Hope this helps.

Are there really that many super rich people now that will drop $2000 on an outfit that makes them look like a late '40s hooligan or '30s soup kitchen tramp?

Or a cowboy, or greaser.... all the antithesis of what LVC has become.

Pathetic that to dress in classic mid 20th century style, you have to spend hundreds, or even thousands of dollars, to replicate a $10 look.

You mean LVC or just Aero specifically? The world wouldn't seem right with Dr_Heech boycotting LVC.

No, I meant Aeroleather specifically, but with those price increases, probably Lvc too I should imagine (Although I have a well stocked suitcase with all the Lvc I'll probably ever need ! :)).

Truth is like many others here, I feel that XX has let us down by increasing the prices but without increasing the quality/accuracy details/sizing issues.

Thank god for sugarcane!

Unfortunately, there's only one pair of '66s in the contest, and I don't think that participant has posted any updates. Kept a break down for my own records when the contest started. Contest is mostly '37s, 47s, and 67s. Would have liked to have seen fewer guys in the '47s, and more in the later models like the '66, '78 and even the '83.

1880: 1 (1.9%)

1901: 1 (1.9%)

1915: 4 (7.6%)

1933: 5 (9.6%)

1937: 8 (15%)

1944: 3 (5.7%)

1947: 16 (30%)

1954 (501Z): 1 (1.9%)

1955: 1 (1.9%)

1966: 1 (1.9%)

1967 (505): 10 (19%)

1978: 1 (1.9%)

I was very tempted to do the '83. 501 was my jean of choice way before I became aware of the nuances of raw fabrics. I don't know when the switch to that exaggerated carrot cut came along....but it is possible that I wore an '83 cut off the shelf, at some point in my youth.

It would be nice if there was someone that would read this thread and forward the criticism on to XX. I wonder if they ever read this and take it in. They have to know about this forum...

thanks, Devilish.

I've cleared a few 47 and 55 sizing queries from my PMs, thinfinn! Most of them were from rnrswitch of course, I never reply...

You had to delete those 2500 PMs I sent you about 1947 sizing? One of the questions was, "Hey how do I get that droopy butt limey look that you have perfected so well?" Another one was: "Hey you seem to know a thousand ways to make jeans fade horribly. Could you please give me your secret so that I can do the exact opposite?"

^lol

I would hope that XX develops a communicative, responsive, and involved business model. LVC never had to be a loss leader, it's just that it's a niche market which requires special attention. You're not going to make any money selling poems. Poets starve.

I was very tempted to do the '83. 501 was my jean of choice way before I became aware of the nuances of raw fabrics. I don't know when the switch to that exaggerated carrot cut came along....but it is possible that I wore an '83 cut off the shelf, at some point in my youth.

I was thinking of getting a pair of the '78s when the contest was developing, because I was dating an older woman at the time and those would have probably been the 501s that were closest to the jeans of her high school days. But her and I split, and it looks like the one pair of '78s in the contest fell apart on their owner fairly quickly, so I guess it's all for the best! Wound up getting a pair of 55s because I wanted them. Asked cultizm if I could still get in on the contest and they said yes, so I hopped in at the last second.

Never had any 501s growing up. I remember the button fly campaign of the mid 80s (when I wasn't quite a teen yet), but they never fit well, and I was always afraid I wouldn't be able to get the button fly open when I needed to go badly and I'd piss myself!

It would be nice if there was someone that would read this thread and forward the criticism on to XX. I wonder if they ever read this and take it in. They have to know about this forum...

Contacted Levis USA earlier this afternoon trying to get contact info for XX. No luck. I imagine someone there is aware of sufu and this thread, but I wonder how closely they read what is written here, or even care.