Levi's Vintage Clothing

Wow - didn't realise the price increases were going to be retrospective - I'm sure Aero were selling the Knappave @ £110 not so long ago. Presumably the models from previous seasons were purchased from Levis at the lower rate - so why the increase?

LVC is selling poetry now, so we've gotta fork up some extra dough...or buy warehouse.

Apologies if this has been posted recently but it looks like aeroleather have got a new website with new stock of LVC. Unfortunately they are also selling them at the ludicrous new prices. No new LVC for me ever again it would seem. It's a shame as aeroleather used to be the cheapest I could find here in the UK.

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/index.php

Those prices are outrageous, especially as there whole range started at £115.00. Overnight increase of over 80%!?!

Thanks for the heads up, will never buy from them again.

Glad I stocked up before the hike.

LVC is selling poetry now, so we've gotta fork up some extra dough...or buy warehouse.

Is poetry 10oz or 12.5oz denim? I hope they get the detailing right on poetry.

Those prices are outrageous, especially as there whole range started at £115.00. Overnight increase of over 80%!?!

the 1937 and 1915 are the same sizes available as of wednesday but now £100 more a pair at £215 - wish I hadn't dithered on which ones to buy. Another sale lost.

Poping up to London in next few weeks anyone know what Cinch current stock is or whether American Classics still have LVC?

the 1937 and 1915 are the same sizes available as of wednesday but now £100 more a pair at £215 - wish I hadn't dithered on which ones to buy. Another sale lost.

Poping up to London in next few weeks anyone know what Cinch current stock is or whether American Classics still have LVC?

If it were me I would go 1915s just for that amazing denim.

Heres some shot that i just took today of my 1947s (spring 10) I did a cold soak before I wore these and they've had cold soaks since so 3 total. I have been breaking these in and also a pair of 1880s so they haven't had the usual continuous wear and I usually wear them raw for several months. They are coming along pretty good though I think.

IMG_86932low.jpg

IMG_8696low.jpg

IMG_8698low.jpg

IMG_8701low.jpg

IMG_8702low.jpg

IMG_8704low.jpg

IMG_8694low.jpg

looking good airfrog... must spread. did you go TTS on these? the whiskering, wear and stretch patterns look similar to mine. i picked up another pair of 47s on sale at bird (last pair for $88!), but they were TTS so I was wary, but couldn't pass up a deal. i did a warm 30-min soak and wore them for the next 5 hours til dry. yours look great. geez, what a great jean.

looking good airfrog... must spread. did you go TTS on these? the whiskering, wear and stretch patterns look similar to mine. i picked up another pair of 47s on sale at bird (last pair for $88!), but they were TTS so I was wary, but couldn't pass up a deal. i did a warm 30-min soak and wore them for the next 5 hours til dry. yours look great. geez, what a great jean.

Thanks,

Yeah I have to go TTS. 38 was the biggest waist they came in spring 10.

Thankfully the price of "poetry" hasn't gone up too much at cultizm yet. Price gets any higher, I'll just stick with Warehouse and Sugar Cane.

throw some suspender buttons on a pair of WH 700s and youre golden. i wish lvc was back to the 175$ range days.

Since LVC is becoming "like a church", I guess it's religious poetry. At those prices it must be the Church of Scientology.

You mean LVC or just Aero specifically? The world wouldn't seem right with Dr_Heech boycotting LVC.

Cinch are charging the new price of £215.

Don't know about American Classics pricing but they definitely have LVC. Can look at pricing for you tomorrow if wanted.

Cinch are charging the new price of £215.

Don't know about American Classics pricing but they definitely have LVC. Can look at pricing for you tomorrow if wanted.

If its not out of your way, can you also see what leg length they do in a 1937 and 1955. I need a 36 or 38 for a cuff.

cheers

I stopped in at a western store this weekend and they had a whole wall of levis 501... I mean a whole wall full of them and I started looking through them and they had some with 1994 tags USA made still on them. Odd colors though and small sizes. I didn't have enough time to go through them all. And just got me thinking how many stores have some levi's just sitting there from say pre 82.....

Is poetry 10oz or 12.5oz denim? I hope they get the detailing right on poetry.

12.5oz of poetry is almost an Ezra Pound.

I tried and erased a couple of comments about the current developements of LVC, but they keep coming out negative, and I really WANT to be positive. I guess I'll let it simmer for awhile and see how things shake out.

If its not out of your way, can you also see what leg length they do in a 1937 and 1955. I need a 36 or 38 for a cuff.

cheers

Sorry, seconds after posting my computer went down. Haven't been able to get there today so far, will pop along tonight.

Interestingly their website now no longer has prices.

http://www.americanclassicslondon.com/ACL.html

It does show 36 inseam in a '33.

Looking great jyoni! Must spread....

It was too cold and wet to do much at lunch today outside with the setter, so I took a couple pix of my '55 501s to share. Not much worth showing after jyoni's post!

I know most people here prefer leather patches, but I like the way the card one on these jeans is developing.

DSC00365.jpg

Half assed patch job where the pocket bag was tearing away from the denim. Didn't mean it to look neat, and don't expect it to hold for another 14 months, but it will do for the time being. Used Warehouse 1000XX denim.

DSC00363.jpg

DSC00364.jpg

Overall front shot and closer shot of the top block.

DSC00359.jpg

DSC00362.jpg

Right, mission to American Classic. They have no 1937 cut. Almost everything but. Only 36 inseam in a 1933 cut is a 36x36. Nothing beyond that.

Interesting anecdote from the always entertaining fella in there. Told me they went to see the LVC rep, who told them: "I've got some bad news."

American Classics chaps are thinking, 'please don't put the prices up by £10 or £15, that would be awful'.

LVC rep tells them its an increase to £215, American Classics chaps reaction.... 'you f**king c**t'.

Potty mouthed but says it all really.

Right, mission to American Classic. They have no 1937 cut. Almost everything but. Only 36 inseam in a 1933 cut is a 36x36. Nothing beyond that.

Interesting anecdote from the always entertaining fella in there. Told me they went to see the LVC rep, who told them: "I've got some bad news."

American Classics chaps are thinking, 'please don't put the prices up by £10 or £15, that would be awful'.

LVC rep tells them its an increase to £215, American Classics chaps reaction.... 'you f**king c**t'.

Potty mouthed but says it all really.

Sounds like Levis doesn't want any of their stockist in the UK to actually be able to sell the "poetry" sitting on their shelves. 215 pounds comes out to $341 in the US. Are ya friggin kidding me?! Talk about taking a piss on what it probably one of LVC's bigger markets.

Sounds like Levis doesn't want any of their stockist in the UK to actually be able to sell the "poetry" sitting on their shelves. 215 pounds comes out to $341 in the US. Are ya friggin kidding me?! Talk about taking a piss on what it probably one of LVC's bigger markets.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Its such a huge price point to cross, £200.